Yijin Jing history

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2014, 08:46 AM
Yijin Jing history
I recently created a video for a college course on martial arts and religion. It discusses the history of the Tendon-Changing Classic (Yijin Jing), a yoga-like exercise designed to strengthen the body. This manual is the source of the legend that Chinese martial arts were first created at the Shaolin temple. But instead of focusing on the legend itself, I discuss the exercise's historical context, literary influences, and effect on late dynastic martial arts.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like ghostexorcist's post
05-06-2014, 06:48 PM
RE: Yijin Jing history
Good but its more of a "how its made", needs more enthusiasm !

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
05-06-2014, 07:56 PM
(05-06-2014 06:48 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Good but its more of a "how its made", needs more enthusiasm !

I didn't think my teacher would like the screaming, naked ladies, and random Michael Bay-style explosions that I originally planned on including in the film.
[+] 3 users Like ghostexorcist's post
24-08-2014, 09:55 PM
(05-06-2014 07:56 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I didn't think my teacher would like the screaming, naked ladies, and random Michael Bay-style explosions that I originally planned on including in the film.

Two words: "Director's cut." Laugh out load
[+] 4 users Like Astreja's post
20-03-2015, 03:19 PM
Here is a newer version with increased audio (thanks to my nephew). I may re-record everything at some point. I recorded the dialogue in bits, hence the uneven delivery throughout the video.

[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
20-03-2015, 09:26 PM
(20-03-2015 03:19 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Here is a newer version with increased audio (thanks to my nephew). I may re-record everything at some point. I recorded the dialogue in bits, hence the uneven delivery throughout the video.

How long have you been practicing this?

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
21-03-2015, 04:49 AM
(20-03-2015 09:26 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(20-03-2015 03:19 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Here is a newer version with increased audio (thanks to my nephew). I may re-record everything at some point. I recorded the dialogue in bits, hence the uneven delivery throughout the video.

How long have you been practicing this?

I've dabbled in martial arts over the years, but I've never practiced any form of daoyin exercise. I'm interested in the Yijin Jing as a student of Chinese history because it is the source of the legend that all Chinese martial arts were created by the Indian monk Bodhidharma.
21-03-2015, 05:21 AM
What gets me???

The thought that some college professor sits about all day watching videos, and grading them.

Back in my day, he was up all night reading papyrus scrolls.

void where prohibited by law.
Your results may vary..
Batteries not included.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
21-03-2015, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2015 02:29 PM by ghostexorcist.)
(21-03-2015 05:21 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  What gets me???

The thought that some college professor sits about all day watching videos, and grading them.

Well, the videos actually accompanied lengthy research papers. Mine was a short 10 pages single-spaced. There were 5 other people in the class, all of which wrote papers of similar lengths. That's a lot of reading.
21-03-2015, 02:37 PM
(21-03-2015 02:22 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 05:21 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  What gets me???

Well, the videos actually accompanied lengthy research papers. Mine was a short 10 pages single-spaced. There were 5 other people in the class, all of which wrote papers of similar lengths. That's a lot of reading.

OK.. the papyrus scroll makes it legit....

Thumbsup

void where prohibited by law.
Your results may vary..
Batteries not included.