Yo bro get over yourself!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Yo bro get over yourself!
I've noticed that people just like to start shit when it comes to otheres religions. It's not cool at all. People have different religions, and its only a THOUGHT! So why go and get all huffy and puffy about stupid stuff. If someone didn't say a SINGLE word to you about your religion is there a reason why you should go and try to start stuff with theres. Stop acting like you are an Atheist just to gain attention. With me if i was dead and God was real I'd tell him "look i didn't worship you then, and I'm not going to start now".. Others would be like YESSSS i believed in you this whole entire time....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2011, 09:51 AM
RE: Yo bro get over yourself!
Wait, what?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
28-11-2011, 09:55 AM
(28-11-2011 09:51 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Wait, what?

Theres just a bunch of kids at our school that "Say" there an Atheist just to gain attention -.-
28-11-2011, 10:37 AM

BRO. I'm agnostic, likeaboss
Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2011, 11:05 AM
CYTB, I'm pretty sure you're an agnostic atheist. Remember that agnostic/gnostic refers to knowledge, and atheist/theist refers to belief.

Of course there are grey areas to some, but generally speaking, this is what most people recognize as the accepted meanings.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
28-11-2011, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2011 11:46 AM by mysticjbyrd.)
(28-11-2011 09:55 AM)DaylightDusk Wrote:  
(28-11-2011 09:51 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Wait, what?

Theres just a bunch of kids at our school that "Say" there an Atheist just to gain attention -.-

If its working, I am failing to see the downside.

Quote:People have different religions, and its only a THOUGHT!
Just as, 2+2 = FISH is a thought.

But that doesn't change the fact that its wrong, and as animals of reason we have a responsibility to correct false ideas.
[+] 1 user Likes mysticjbyrd's post
28-11-2011, 12:36 PM
(28-11-2011 09:38 AM)DaylightDusk Wrote:  I've noticed that people just like to start shit when it comes to otheres religions. It's not cool at all. People have different religions, and its only a THOUGHT! So why go and get all huffy and puffy about stupid stuff. If someone didn't say a SINGLE word to you about your religion is there a reason why you should go and try to start stuff with theres. Stop acting like you are an Atheist just to gain attention. With me if i was dead and God was real I'd tell him "look i didn't worship you then, and I'm not going to start now".. Others would be like YESSSS i believed in you this whole entire time....

I'll be honest with you, I have had WAY more religious people who bring up religion for NO reason whatsoever, just to feel self righteous, than atheists have brought up atheism to seek attention. For example, I have never had atheists drag me out of bed on a Sunday morning to tell me god doesn't exist. And while I have had plenty of complete strangers approach me just to make sure I noticed "what a wonderful day god gave us for us to bask in his glory", I can't for the life of me remember a stranger approaching me just to make sure I appreciated the results of evolution and natural selection.
So, I'll be honest with you, I really don't know what you are talking about here.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
28-11-2011, 01:04 PM
(28-11-2011 12:36 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  
(28-11-2011 09:38 AM)DaylightDusk Wrote:  I've noticed that people just like to start shit when it comes to otheres religions. It's not cool at all. People have different religions, and its only a THOUGHT! So why go and get all huffy and puffy about stupid stuff. If someone didn't say a SINGLE word to you about your religion is there a reason why you should go and try to start stuff with theres. Stop acting like you are an Atheist just to gain attention. With me if i was dead and God was real I'd tell him "look i didn't worship you then, and I'm not going to start now".. Others would be like YESSSS i believed in you this whole entire time....

I'll be honest with you, I have had WAY more religious people who bring up religion for NO reason whatsoever, just to feel self righteous, than atheists have brought up atheism to seek attention. For example, I have never had atheists drag me out of bed on a Sunday morning to tell me god doesn't exist. And while I have had plenty of complete strangers approach me just to make sure I noticed "what a wonderful day god gave us for us to bask in his glory", I can't for the life of me remember a stranger approaching me just to make sure I appreciated the results of evolution and natural selection.
So, I'll be honest with you, I really don't know what you are talking about here.

What would you do if I asked you if you appreciated the results of evolution and natural selection?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
28-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Cool story bro! You should tell that at parties!