Yoga

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Yoga
Anyone else here doing yoga besides me? Smile

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2011, 09:05 PM
RE: Yoga
I've heard good things about yoga...

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
15-03-2011, 10:50 PM
It really helps my bad back when it goes out, but I tend to only use it for those times.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
16-03-2011, 12:40 AM
Have done some yoga. It is good.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
16-03-2011, 02:22 PM
It's basically just glorified stretching and breathing... both of which are good on their own merit. It's when people start preaching energy flow and chi that they lose me.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
17-03-2011, 12:11 PM
@Buddy Exactly.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
17-03-2011, 07:05 PM

I want to try it! My gym just finished building a Hot Yoga room, so I might sign up. I heard it's really good for toning muscle
Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2011, 07:20 PM
(17-03-2011 07:05 PM)mBear Wrote:  I want to try it! My gym just finished building a Hot Yoga room, so I might sign up. I heard it's really good for toning muscle

It's excellent for that. It's actually much more difficult than a lot of people think. Smile

I've never done the Bikram (hot) yoga, I can't stand the heat. I imagine it kicks your ass. I generally do Vinyassa or power Yoga. I hope you try it out and like it!

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
17-03-2011, 08:53 PM

(17-03-2011 07:20 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  
(17-03-2011 07:05 PM)mBear Wrote:  I want to try it! My gym just finished building a Hot Yoga room, so I might sign up. I heard it's really good for toning muscle

It's excellent for that. It's actually much more difficult than a lot of people think. Smile

I've never done the Bikram (hot) yoga, I can't stand the heat. I imagine it kicks your ass. I generally do Vinyassa or power Yoga. I hope you try it out and like it!

It all seems a bit intimidating, but I just have to get out of my comfort zone and try it. I know I'll love it Smile
Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2011, 08:59 PM
(17-03-2011 08:53 PM)mBear Wrote:  It all seems a bit intimidating, but I just have to get out of my comfort zone and try it. I know I'll love it Smile

If you're unfamiliar with yoga I would highly suggest taking some basics or fundamentals classes first. I would imagine that a Bikram class would be at a more advanced level, and for a beginner could be discouraging. It would be good to familiarize yourself with the poses first, and build up a little strength and stamina before you start.

One thing to always remember is that yoga is never a competition with anyone else in the class. We are all just where we are, and how good you feel can vary even day to day. No one else is looking at you or making judgments. Don't compete with yourself either. Just do your best and be. Smile