Yoga is bullshit. People who do Yoga are mentally retarded. Sorry.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Re: Yoga is bullshit. People who do Yoga are mentally retarded. Sorry.
I'd like to see the data on how its just stretching. Around here, you make a claim you better be ready to back it up. So let's see the information you've based your opinion around please.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2013, 08:36 AM
RE: Yoga is bullshit. People who do Yoga are mentally retarded. Sorry.
(07-08-2013 08:30 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'd like to see the data on how its just stretching. Around here, you make a claim you better be ready to back it up. So let's see the information you've based your opinion around please.

He hasn't been around since he was sanctioned. He was put on the naughty list and that ruined his fun.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Yoga = bullshit?

Yoga:
[Image: yoga%20image%201%203649.jpg]

Bullshit:
[Image: cow-dung-organic-residual-excrement.jpg]

I don't know what your problem is, but I definitely see a difference.

[Image: 21omssh.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like LostLocke's post
07-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Re: Yoga is bullshit. People who do Yoga are mentally retarded. Sorry.
Sanctioned?
07-08-2013, 08:50 AM
(07-08-2013 08:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  He hasn't been around since he was sanctioned. He was put on the naughty list and that ruined his fun.
All that hard work for nothing? Sad

[Image: 21omssh.jpg]
22-02-2014, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2014 06:36 PM by Matrim Cauthon.)
Not to side with the Naughty Guy (I'm generally considered very NON-naughty)...but... Yoga, to me (speaking only of my own experiences with 'yoga types'), smacks of many of the same kind of mentalities and perspectives that we (Atheists) complain about in theists. A similar kind of subtle superiority complex (I am peaceful [perhaps smug], until you suggest my beliefs are crap, then I gladly lower myself to telling you to F-off, and that you "just don't get it" or whatever), a similar kind of shut-down when it comes to answering hard questions, and the same kind of blind belief in something 'because it feels good/right' - most especially the point where after the first few points are swallowed, all the non-sense that comes after is swallowed with no further cross-check by Reason. I DO appreciate the person above who asks for 'proof/basis of argument', considering 'we around here' don't just go around believing something.

So...here is one I've found:
http://www.elephantjournal.com/2012/10/a...-mccollum/

I'll keep looking for more - but I'm not ashamed to say that...well, just most of the things I hear from the 'yoga concept' perspective (I'm not a theist, nor a 'conservative'...but then I'm nowhere near 'hippie' either)...just sounds like a big crock of shit.

So...my first post here, after being all excited about becoming part of this 'community'...and it's not even about Atheism! Balls. LOL. Let me know if I've overstepped the bounds of 'acceptable conversation' - but my expression is truly respectful, if a tad comedic - but still a large degree of 'truth in my opinion'. So - do the folks' feet stay as close to the ground around here as I expected? What thickness of skin am I to be dealing with around here? Wink Welcome...Me. Wink

*Edit: Another similarity between Yoga and Religion, is that "Proof" (either way) is so hard to find. I do note that Yoga seems to sound a lot more scientific than religion (although from 'science of health' perspectives), however, I have yet to be directed to any 'scientific proof' of yoga from the health perspective. Morever - let's not kidd ourselves...even if Yoga can be said to have 'specific health benefits' - that still doesn't speak to the 'hippie/buddhist' aspect of it that seems to be shoveled in right along side the science aspects of it - which, in truth, is my primary 'bitch' about it. So what if you prove it increases circulation, or whatever...what about all that hippie crap that goes along with it...is it really Yoga...or is it like Christianity, where belief becomes someone's sole reasoning ("I believe it 'centers' me, it calms me, changes the way I look at life, etc"). ...Sounds just like the Theist approach to me... This is where I have to agree with 'Dude'. I love the outdoors, and hike the A.T. as often as possible, among many other places - and it has the same type effect as described by 'Yogis'. IMO, Yoga trying to claim that it does this for anyone "who puts for the effort", "lets go", "really gets it", etc...again, smacks to me of bullshit. Ultimately - the only ways I'm gonna believe any further in it, is if someone can show me arguments similar to 'Atheism vs Theism' (Yoga being on the Theism side) that cannot be debunked - or if someone finally admits that it's just stretching, though only for some - it CAN have the same effect as say, spending a day in nature, or some other kind of 'potentially spiritual activity', and that it, specifically, does not provide it by it's nature alone. Moreover, the statement that "if you don't believe it, or have the experiences I (Yogi) describe to you - then you're just not doing it right"...is so 'Theistical' I can't even stand it...
22-02-2014, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2014 06:35 PM by Cathym112.)
(06-08-2013 01:09 PM)MentalMasturbation Wrote:  Yoga is one of the biggest overhyped and overpriced and overrated bullshit society has ever seen, it's a scam being presented as something more then just STRETCHING.

Are you fukin kidding me? stretching? lol what a joke.

Buy this new overpriced dvd, buy this new overpriced membership, buy this new overpriced book on how to stretch, buy this new overpriced and overrated carpet and rug, are these people serious?

Yoga is just stretching, you do it every morning ffs, there is nothing more to it.

Yeah, you will be so ''enlightened'' by stretching, such bullshit.

The only reason men do it is because they get so see girls wearing yoga-pants and to maybe, maybe just get to talk with her while pretending to be interested in her ''spritual'' new age bullchit, what a joke.

Yoga = A Place where men are undercover to creep women wearing tight yoga-pants, nothing more to it.

Why do people believe in this shit?Rolleyes

It's not just stretching. It's holding yourself in hard poses.

Do a handstand on your forearms. not for one second, but for 30-60 seconds. Holding your balance and putting your feet on your head.

Take a look at any of these poses.
http://yoganonymous.com/yoga-events-well...s-classes/

Then tell me it's just stretching.

Or raise your arms above your head, and make like you are about to sit in a chair. sink down deeply, as though you are hovering .5 inch above the chair seat. Stay there for 5 minutes.

$20 says you can't do it, pussy.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 3 users Like Cathym112's post
22-02-2014, 06:50 PM
I train the physical aspects of yoga as part of my martial arts training. None of the woo woo, just the positions, my coach takes a personal trainer approach, as in, do this, this strengthens A and stretches B etc: never mentioning shakras, spiritual alignment or auras. ... I think the op is confusing the exercises themselves with the 90% of bullshit shakra loving, wishy washy marketing.

Yoga is stretching. Deep hard stretches that help improve flexibility over time.
Yoga improves strength with resistance exercises using your own body weight.
Yoga improves core strength and cardio recovery through plyametric principles.
Yoga encourages relaxation through practice as you learn to relax physically and mentally as your body gets used to it and technique improves.
Yoga massively helps improve balance, some of the positions are very difficult to stay in at first.

If Yoga was found to be no different to stretching in the morning, you have had a very bad experience with a very bad coach.

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 2 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
22-02-2014, 06:50 PM
CathyM: LOL - See what I mean?!? Wink Breeeeeeeeathe... Wink There are a thousand things I can't do, and thousand I can that others can't. ...I don't think that's the subject here, but then, suggesting a forum post stay on topic is like pissing into the wind these days, LOL Wink

Riffs: Now that's what I'm talking about. THERE'S an explanation I can live with, and happily so. THANKS!
[+] 1 user Likes Matrim Cauthon's post
22-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Facepalm

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post