Yoga is bullshit. People who do Yoga are mentally retarded. Sorry.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: Yoga is bullshit. People who do Yoga are mentally retarded. Sorry.
(22-02-2014 06:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Facepalm

Laugh out load I know that feels moms Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2014, 07:17 PM
Tell that to the millions of fighters that do it, and they would kick your ass as well Evil_monster

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
22-02-2014, 07:24 PM
Yoga is exercise - that's it - full stop - get over it.
[+] 1 user Likes joben1's post
22-02-2014, 07:24 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2014 08:18 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(22-02-2014 06:50 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I train the physical aspects of yoga as part of my martial arts training. None of the woo woo, just the positions, my coach takes a personal trainer approach, as in, do this, this strengthens A and stretches B etc: never mentioning shakras, spiritual alignment or auras. ... I think the op is confusing the exercises themselves with the 90% of bullshit shakra loving, wishy washy marketing.

Yoga is stretching. Deep hard stretches that help improve flexibility over time.
Yoga improves strength with resistance exercises using your own body weight.
Yoga improves core strength and cardio recovery through plyametric principles.
Yoga encourages relaxation through practice as you learn to relax physically and mentally as your body gets used to it and technique improves.
Yoga massively helps improve balance, some of the positions are very difficult to stay in at first.

If Yoga was found to be no different to stretching in the morning, you have had a very bad experience with a very bad coach.

To say nothing of increasing circulating beta-endorphins, and oxytocin.
It's measurable.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-02-2014, 07:25 PM
(22-02-2014 06:50 PM)Matrim Cauthon Wrote:  CathyM: LOL - See what I mean?!? Wink Breeeeeeeeathe... Wink There are a thousand things I can't do, and thousand I can that others can't. ...I don't think that's the subject here, but then, suggesting a forum post stay on topic is like pissing into the wind these days, LOL Wink

Riffs: Now that's what I'm talking about. THERE'S an explanation I can live with, and happily so. THANKS!

How is what riff's said any different than what I said? I didn't mention anything about shakras and chi or woo-woo. I'm talking about yoga the form of exercise. It's not just stretching. It's poses that require supreme core strength, balance and muscle strength. Granted Riff when into more detail but our posts were the same.

Further - my reply was to the OP, not you. So I dunno why you seem to think I need to calm down?! Consider

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 3 users Like Cathym112's post
22-02-2014, 07:36 PM
(22-02-2014 07:24 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-02-2014 06:50 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I train the physical aspects of yoga as part of my martial arts training. None of the woo woo, just the positions, my coach takes a personal trainer approach, as in, do this, this strengthens A and stretches B etc: never mentioning shakras, spiritual alignment or auras. ... I think the op is confusing the exercises themselves with the 90% of bullshit shakra loving, wishy washy marketing.

Yoga is stretching. Deep hard stretches that help improve flexibility over time.
Yoga improves strength with resistance exercises using your own body weight.
Yoga improves core strength and cardio recovery through plyametric principles.
Yoga encourages relaxation through practice as you learn to relax physically and mentally as your body gets used to it and technique improves.
Yoga massively helps improve balance, some of the positions are very difficult to stay in at first.

If Yoga was found to be no different to stretching in the morning, you have had a very bad experience with a very bad coach.

To say nothing of increasing circulating beta-endorphins, and Oxycontin.
It's measurable.

Definitely. ... I also see improvements in timing, power and speed in sparring and pad drills. Improved sense of range and generally better technique. I am confident all of these things are measurable.

Also, since doing more Yoga, I am less injury prone in grappling, which I doubt is measurable but I put it down to improved flexibility.

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
22-02-2014, 07:38 PM
(22-02-2014 07:25 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(22-02-2014 06:50 PM)Matrim Cauthon Wrote:  CathyM: LOL - See what I mean?!? Wink Breeeeeeeeathe... Wink There are a thousand things I can't do, and thousand I can that others can't. ...I don't think that's the subject here, but then, suggesting a forum post stay on topic is like pissing into the wind these days, LOL Wink

Riffs: Now that's what I'm talking about. THERE'S an explanation I can live with, and happily so. THANKS!

How is what riff's said any different than what I said? I didn't mention anything about shakras and chi or woo-woo. I'm talking about yoga the form of exercise. It's not just stretching. It's poses that require supreme core strength, balance and muscle strength. Granted Riff when into more detail but our posts were the same.

Further - my reply was to the OP, not you. So I dunno why you seem to think I need to calm down?! Consider

My reply was supportive of Cathy's point Smile

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
22-02-2014, 07:40 PM
LOL Cathy, I indeed saw the same similarities - however, no reference to the 'shakra, aura' etc shite (which I took to be the op's basis for this post) - in addition to calling out said 'Pussy'. So...I just may have misread and not quite understood it as the 'same' as Riffs. By all means though - I completely agree with you, totally...if it keeps me out of 'Pussy' status. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes Matrim Cauthon's post
22-02-2014, 07:41 PM
(22-02-2014 07:24 PM)joben1 Wrote:  Yoga is exercise - that's it - full stop - get over it.

Profound Drinking Beverage

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
22-02-2014, 07:43 PM
WTF necroposting n00b, starting shit... besides, my Gwynnies does yoga. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post