Yoga is bullshit. People who do Yoga are mentally retarded. Sorry.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2014, 07:52 PM
RE: Yoga is bullshit. People who do Yoga are mentally retarded. Sorry.
(22-02-2014 07:38 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(22-02-2014 07:25 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  How is what riff's said any different than what I said? I didn't mention anything about shakras and chi or woo-woo. I'm talking about yoga the form of exercise. It's not just stretching. It's poses that require supreme core strength, balance and muscle strength. Granted Riff when into more detail but our posts were the same.

Further - my reply was to the OP, not you. So I dunno why you seem to think I need to calm down?! Consider

My reply was supportive of Cathy's point Smile

Exactly. So I'm not sure why he is telling me to breathe but saying your post was finally an explanation he could live with...

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
22-02-2014, 07:54 PM
(22-02-2014 07:40 PM)Matrim Cauthon Wrote:  LOL Cathy, I indeed saw the same similarities - however, no reference to the 'shakra, aura' etc shite (which I took to be the op's basis for this post) - in addition to calling out said 'Pussy'. So...I just may have misread and not quite understood it as the 'same' as Riffs. By all means though - I completely agree with you, totally...if it keeps me out of 'Pussy' status. Wink

My primary experience is in martial arts. I am an instructor for a living. So it is from that point of view of personal experience I say this ...

People who are unfamiliar with things like Yoga, Pliametrics, good gym practice and many types of martial arts, ie: they have never set foot in a gym, or had experience with a reputable practitioner or coach, can only base there oponion on media portrayal, movies and marketing. The 'image' of a lot of these things has been bastardized and woo wooed up to the max to appeal to the lowest common denominator. The health and fitness industry is not heavily regulated so a LOT of fads and utter bullshit is out there! If there is no science to back it up, it's bullshit. If it contradicts science it's steaming bullshit. My advice for any of these activities is do your research then experience it for yourself, and, if it looks, smells, feels and tastes of woo, it's woo Big Grin

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
22-02-2014, 07:55 PM
(22-02-2014 07:52 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(22-02-2014 07:38 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  My reply was supportive of Cathy's point Smile

Exactly. So I'm not sure why he is telling me to breathe but saying your post was finally an explanation he could live with...

Because I'm fantastic! Cool

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
22-02-2014, 07:56 PM
(22-02-2014 07:40 PM)Matrim Cauthon Wrote:  LOL Cathy, I indeed saw the same similarities - however, no reference to the 'shakra, aura' etc shite (which I took to be the op's basis for this post) - in addition to calling out said 'Pussy'. So...I just may have misread and not quite understood it as the 'same' as Riffs. By all means though - I completely agree with you, totally...if it keeps me out of 'Pussy' status. Wink

I called the OP a pussy because anyone who says yoga is "just stretching" and that it's no harder than the stretch you do when waking up,
Is a pussy.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
22-02-2014, 07:57 PM
(22-02-2014 07:55 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(22-02-2014 07:52 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Exactly. So I'm not sure why he is telling me to breathe but saying your post was finally an explanation he could live with...

Because I'm fantastic! Cool

I need facts to support your conclusion Dodgy

22-02-2014, 08:03 PM
(22-02-2014 07:57 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(22-02-2014 07:55 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  Because I'm fantastic! Cool

I need facts to support your conclusion Dodgy

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story my friend!

I'm fantastic Cool

True story Laugh out load

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 3 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
22-02-2014, 08:27 PM
I submit to you all that yogurt is not, in fact, made of bullshit but is, instead, made of probiotic dairy products and bacteria poo.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
22-02-2014, 08:31 PM
(22-02-2014 08:27 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I submit to you all that yogurt is not, in fact, made of bullshit but is, instead, made of probiotic dairy products and bacteria poo.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
23-02-2014, 08:39 AM
(22-02-2014 07:41 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(22-02-2014 07:24 PM)joben1 Wrote:  Yoga is exercise - that's it - full stop - get over it.

Profound Drinking Beverage

I know Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like joben1's post
23-02-2014, 10:40 AM
(22-02-2014 07:43 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  WTF necroposting n00b, starting shit... besides, my Gwynnies does yoga. Tongue

She has done the anti gravity yoga. Here ya' go........

[Image: 20130306-065009.jpg]

I've taken yoga for years along with tons of ballet. Yoga is more than just stretching and this ain't just something you do when you get out of bed in the morning. Some yoga practitioners do get kind of metaphysical about it and woo-ish but that's up to the individual. The hardest part of yoga, besides the difficult positions, is trying to shut the mind off and relax the brain. Westerners have a hard time with that. Damn that's hard for me.

There is a lot of technique to stretching. Certain muscles are relaxed at the same time that other muscles are tensed ever so slightly. Hip placement is very important, position of the neck is important, alignment of the spine and so on.

Damn. What a stupid statement. Yoga isn't bullshit.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post