Yoga is bullshit. People who do Yoga are mentally retarded. Sorry.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2014, 01:33 PM
RE: Yoga is bullshit. People who do Yoga are mentally retarded. Sorry.
The truth as I see it is that some of yoga 'philosophy' *is* bs.

I have done hatha yoga [the physical practice] for years - stretch one muscle and you usual contract another too ... it's how the body works ... and I think *most* of the poses are very beneficial, but of course we're all different.

BUT - I *was* going to train as a yoga teacher and when I went further into it, it *is* based on 'woo' ...aka bs - the physical practice is part of an 8-part yoga 'philosophy' with the intention of 'realising your inner Self' and is a form of Hindu practice.

This put me right off the training but not hatha yoga which in my experience can really help with improving balance, flexibility and strength - and also help develop calm.

That said, I wouldn't recommend Bikram 'hot yoga' ... and it's important not to overstretch your body. [I believe Bikram himself is still fighting off sexual harassment charges - innocent until proved guilty but just sayin.]

Moodie x
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Moodie's post
23-02-2014, 02:04 PM
First of all: The only reason you made this thread is because several people here have mentioned in other threads that they do yoga. Your attempt to insult and/or rile us up is very transparent.

Second & last of all: Yoga is a great way to kill two birds with one stone. You get meditation-style stress relief and some exercise at the same time. I'm pretty sure the only reason I have any muscle tone is because yoga is easier to do on a regular basis than weight lifting. (When it comes to getting off one's ass, I think the consensus is that a smaller amount of daily consistency is better than doing harder stuff less often. I might be wrong.) There's nothing here to "believe" in. It's just getting two things accomplished in a smaller amount of time every day. If you want to believe in spiritual oneness or chakras or anything like that associated with it....that's your problem.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
23-02-2014, 02:29 PM
My yoga isn't bullshit.

just sayin...................

lol

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
23-02-2014, 02:48 PM
mental masturbation........................

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
23-02-2014, 02:59 PM
(23-02-2014 01:33 PM)Moodie Wrote:  The truth as I see it is that some of yoga 'philosophy' *is* bs.

I have done hatha yoga [the physical practice] for years - stretch one muscle and you usual contract another too ... it's how the body works ... and I think *most* of the poses are very beneficial, but of course we're all different.

BUT - I *was* going to train as a yoga teacher and when I went further into it, it *is* based on 'woo' ...aka bs - the physical practice is part of an 8-part yoga 'philosophy' with the intention of 'realising your inner Self' and is a form of Hindu practice.

This put me right off the training but not hatha yoga which in my experience can really help with improving balance, flexibility and strength - and also help develop calm.

That said, I wouldn't recommend Bikram 'hot yoga' ... and it's important not to overstretch your body. [I believe Bikram himself is still fighting off sexual harassment charges - innocent until proved guilty but just sayin.]

Moodie x

Yeah, I really like hatha yoga. I found that sometimes it depends on the teacher as to how much woo you get with the yoga. If a teacher gets wooish I tune it out. It's something I've had to learn how to do and actually I think it's good training for those times in life when religious people get under my nerves. Maybe a good yoga exercise would be to line up a bunch of JW's or Mormons in a yoga class, have them start trying to convert me while I tune them out. Mental strength training at the highest level!Sleepy

The other thing I love is yoga nidra to completely relax the mind/ body. I've gotten high doing yoga nidra and felt like I was floating. There again, one has to find the right recording or teacher who isn't wooish. (Is there such a word as "wooish"?)

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
23-02-2014, 05:07 PM
We have a yoga class at work. I suck at it 'cause I'm as flexible as a rock. There is one pose I'm very good at though.

[Image: Shavasana.jpg]

But after the instructor wakes me up he says, "You're still doing it wrong, Bob." I don't care. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-02-2014, 05:10 PM
(23-02-2014 02:48 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  mental masturbation........................

His troll boat has sailed.
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
23-02-2014, 06:50 PM
(23-02-2014 05:10 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 02:48 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  mental masturbation........................

His troll boat has sailed.

Yep. I got all excited when I saw this thread pop up again 'cause he was one of the best trolls we ever had. Alas...

... this is my signature!
23-02-2014, 07:56 PM
Was it needed to ressurect this ? Facepalm

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
24-02-2014, 01:04 AM
When things like yoga don't work for you, you always have your, um, mental exorcize to fall back on.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles