Yoga

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2011, 09:25 PM

RE: Yoga
(17-03-2011 08:59 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  
(17-03-2011 08:53 PM)mBear Wrote:  It all seems a bit intimidating, but I just have to get out of my comfort zone and try it. I know I'll love it Smile

If you're unfamiliar with yoga I would highly suggest taking some basics or fundamentals classes first. I would imagine that a Bikram class would be at a more advanced level, and for a beginner could be discouraging. It would be good to familiarize yourself with the poses first, and build up a little strength and stamina before you start.

One thing to always remember is that yoga is never a competition with anyone else in the class. We are all just where we are, and how good you feel can vary even day to day. No one else is looking at you or making judgments. Don't compete with yourself either. Just do your best and be. Smile

Thank you for the tips Smile You're right, I'll probably start off with some easy classes and try to have fun.
Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2011, 09:32 PM
(17-03-2011 09:25 PM)mBear Wrote:  Thank you for the tips Smile You're right, I'll probably start off with some easy classes and try to have fun.

Yay! Let me know how it goes. Smile

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2011, 09:55 PM
I wonder if I should do Yoga, it's good for Flexibility. Flexibility, Strength, and Endurance are the 3 main keys to a healthy body. I have a very bad image of yoga because of this you tube video I saw, with a guy in speedo teaching yoga to 4 people in a very sexual way. Sorry if that was offensive.

Maybe I will do some, going to learn it on the internet, rather paying money for courses or something. I pretty much look everything up on the internet since it's all there and more convenient. Or I'm going to learn some other flexibility stuff beside yoga.

lol hot yoga ? I don't think I will be able to stand the heat, I'm in canada, maybe I will go for the cold yoga, because being in Vietnam for 3 weeks was so dam hot, I'm out of my comfort zone. Good thing my relatives installed air conditioning for us when we arrived.

"don't jump to conclusions until your 99%"

"dreams are the best source of creativity" me
17-03-2011, 10:19 PM
It's good for both flexibility and strength. If you're new to it, I would really recommend that you take some classes from a professional instructor. It's important to do the poses correctly, not only for maximum benefit, but so that you don't hurt yourself. Wink

This is a good website though:

http://www.yogajournal.com/

Forget that weird youtube crap. It's not like that. Wink

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
18-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Cool I feel like doing it since it increases strength, and I'm such a lazy person in society who sit in front of a computer desk all day lol.

"don't jump to conclusions until your 99%"

"dreams are the best source of creativity" me
20-03-2011, 12:13 AM
I'm curious, do the teachers of the classes that some of you go to talk abot spiritual energy or anythign like that? In the first youtube video I watched regarding yoga just a minute ago, the teacher was talking about energy flowing up the legs...

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
20-03-2011, 06:10 AM
I had a Japanese teacher who dissected the stuff and talked about the muscles. She made the energy talk, but when first using those terms explained what she was meaning biologically. Made the whole thing a lot easier to follow.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
20-03-2011, 08:32 PM
(20-03-2011 12:13 AM)daemonowner Wrote:  I'm curious, do the teachers of the classes that some of you go to talk abot spiritual energy or anythign like that? In the first youtube video I watched regarding yoga just a minute ago, the teacher was talking about energy flowing up the legs...

I have had some that did, and some that didn't. None of my classes were ever anything I'd call religious. I don't even know that I would say spiritual.

24-03-2011, 07:38 PM

I started doing yoga when my anxiety issues began getting a bit out of control. It's so relaxing, I really love it! And it really makes me feel better, more comfortable with my body; it's not a spiritual thing, it's just the fact that I'm actually doing something for my health! (the last 2 years or so all I've done for my body is smoke & be lazy Sad )

Things got kind of spiritual sometimes, but it wasn't really annoying. They do talk a lot about the energy flowing through your body and stuff (or at least my instructors did), but I would just ignore that and enjoy it as great, relaxing exercise.
11-05-2011, 03:03 AM

Every yoga are not for every person without trainer yoga are harmful the body,there are many type of yoga,srwathog,astang yog,kriya yog etc. there are 84 types yoga in the world,yoga is best for good heath.mind power improove by yoga,i like yoga very much.