Yom Kippur

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Yom Kippur
I just wanted to know, is anyone suffering from religious members of the family who want them to fast for Yom Kippur? My family wants me to fast, but they are not Jewish, but a sect of Christianity ( I am eating a hot dog right now however). My mom also says I am going to hell for not attending church with her, and it made me want to post about it.

I am going to hell because i dare to question bronze-age goat herders, and think for myself.
~Me~

I am not smarter than religious people because I have a better understanding of science than them. I am smarter because I know I am not going to live forever, and I am happy with that.
~Me~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2011, 03:41 PM
RE: Yom Kippur
Yom Kippur pissed me off this weekend. Even the Starbucks in Northbrook, IL was closed Saturday. WTF with that?

Religious holidays are a perfect example of how the superstitious religious impose their values on us. Like if I got a F'n coffee on Yom Kippur Jews would be damaged? I guess if THEY could not have a coffee I should be denied as well? OR did they force this closure because they didn't trust their own children to fast?

Fast your ass off if you want. Believe that space aliens planted people on a mountaintop, but don't get between me and my 4-shot Grande Americano 8:00 Saturday morning.

I like nothing more than eating a Ham sandwich on Friday during lent with a side of shellfish.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply