Poll: Do you concur with this thread starter's argument?
You're a genius (Agree)
Is your actual name Karl Pilkington? (Disagree)
[Show Results]

Yongky Presents 7 Problems with 7 Billion People

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2011, 06:42 AM
RE: Yongky Presents 7 Problems with 7 Billion People
A country like Indonesia has issues with the globalization of the internet. You can't control the information given, and many things are found out that could lead to a change in the public's opinions. There is always some random excuse that will be seen as plausible that they can find for actions. I'm glad you've escaped the ethnocentrism of your culture. For people who live in Asian countries nationalism is a strongly ingrained view with a lot of biases.

Sorry if I'm talking too much this is just more the stuff I like to discuss =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2011, 07:29 AM
(02-06-2011 06:42 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I'm glad you've escaped the ethnocentrism of your culture. For people who live in Asian countries nationalism is a strongly ingrained view with a lot of biases.

Sorry if I'm talking too much this is just more the stuff I like to discuss =p

This is something that I like to discuss myself. To me, being an atheist actually saved my life. I used to be so depressed with my life (still am, actually) to the point of thinking about ending my life so that I can go "up" there and talk to god and ask why he gave me such a miserable life and body. Now that I don't believe in god, the thought of ending my own life is just an idiotic idea at best.

BTW, I agree with your points Lilith Pride. And public opinion is the strongest weapon that Indonesian politicians have against their own people because the people in general are very gullible. Even the educated ones can't do much because they are afraid of the government. Assassination and abduction are still being used by people with power in Indonesia to control the mass. I'm now feeling very depressed because once I've done my masters degree here in Sydney, Australia, I have to go back to my country and live a life full of lies again Sad
02-06-2011, 07:54 AM
@yongkykun
Can't you move to another country ?
I live in Romania and I got a job abroad recently , and I can't wait to leave my country. Maybe you could apply for a job - depending on what your area of expertise is.
There are better places in the world where you will find a more just society ... at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
02-06-2011, 08:34 AM
(02-06-2011 07:54 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  @yongkykun
Can't you move to another country ?
I live in Romania and I got a job abroad recently , and I can't wait to leave my country. Maybe you could apply for a job - depending on what your area of expertise is.
There are better places in the world where you will find a more just society ... at least that's what I keep telling myself.

That's the idea. I'm trying to get a job in New Zealand due to the fact that they need more people in my area of expertise. I'm going to apply for jobs once I've finished my degree. Thanks mate.
[+] 1 user Likes yongkykun's post
03-06-2011, 01:57 AM
(02-06-2011 05:55 AM)yongkykun Wrote:  I think culture, and with it tradition, is just as powerful as religion.
Yongkykun, I agree. I apologise that I may have implied government was behind the respect for the elderly. I had been speaking with a friend from Shanghai who is studying in Adelaide, SA.

I think there is something inside every sane person that makes them want freedom, honesty and justice. Best of Luck with your job search.

He was part of my dream, of course--but then I was part of his dream, too!
--Alice
03-06-2011, 02:29 AM
@Pilgrim, Cheers mate.
23-02-2012, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2012 09:00 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
#5 Isn't really a statistically anomaly, but more than likely just a better awareness of whats going on given the huge increase in the number of people.

Edit: Though i will say every single seemingly dire problem we face in the future could be solved with one very easy solution, reduce the population. There are simply too many people to sustain on one planet. The only thing that would need to be done to solve this problem is to enact and enforce laws to limit the number of children a couple can have.
24-02-2012, 12:03 AM
(01-06-2011 03:40 AM)yongkykun Wrote:  

Problem #1: Not enough space to live
It's a myth. The entire world could live in Texas.
http://www.overpopulation.com/articles/2...s-part-ii/

Problem #2: Not enough money
Actually, banks can create money out of nothing. Now "money" is created by adding several zeroes to any amount in a computer. Read about Fractional reserve banking
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractional_reserve_banking

Problem #3: Not enough job
This is real problem. Machines are doing more and more. As technology evolves, humans are less needed.

Problem #4: Not enough natural resources
Plenty of them. Badly distributed.

Problem #5: Mutation
Evolution?

Problem #6: Disease
There have always been diseases. Humanity is still alive and kicking. Not an issue IMO.

Problem #7: More people like me
Since I don't know you, I have nothing to say.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-02-2012, 12:44 AM
The entire world could live in texas or all the people? There's quite a lot in the entire world. Also if the entire human population moved to texas there would be a huge impact on the rest of things with humanities sudden disappearance from the food chain.

The idea of money is more that it's a flawed system. There is no way to create enough of it to fulfill the needs of all. It's designed with the idea of people having needs not fulfilling them.

Yeah natural resources are badly distributed but even if the primary issues are political the issues are still present. You also have to realise that many places try to prevent use of their resources for future generations while ignoring the needs of those living now without resources. Limited resources is a huge issue no matter how many resources actually exist.

In many smaller countries disease is still excessively harmful and has given them wider gaps between the elderly and the young than more developed countries (which already have wide gaps) Diseases devestate the younger population moreso than the older generation, and this leads to the issues of aging populations.

Was really weird reading such an old post. At least I agree with myself =p

Just thought I'd add a bit to your counterpoints.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
24-02-2012, 12:59 AM
(24-02-2012 12:44 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  The entire world could live in texas or all the people? There's quite a lot in the entire world. Also if the entire human population moved to texas there would be a huge impact on the rest of things with humanities sudden disappearance from the food chain.

Yes, I meant "the entire world population".

(24-02-2012 12:44 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Was really weird reading such an old post. At least I agree with myself =p

I've just realized how old this is!!
Let's bury it again...

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Top 5 Greatest Problems and are they insoluble? Airportkid 0 135 06-10-2013 01:37 AM
Last Post: Airportkid
  Being Afraid of People? BrokenQuill92 21 908 24-09-2013 07:22 AM
Last Post: MillyJak
  My opinion about people who change of religion viocjit 9 601 01-07-2013 02:21 AM
Last Post: Thanh
  Homeless people. earmuffs 57 2,226 11-05-2013 08:23 PM
Last Post: bbeljefe
  How can people be so different? Zat 45 1,411 08-02-2013 08:42 AM
Last Post: Luminon
  Nazi alert and other people's reactions Luminon 94 3,837 06-02-2013 11:22 AM
Last Post: Zat
  The treatment of Gay people HailMeNow 34 1,532 23-01-2013 01:37 PM
Last Post: GodlessnFree