You’re fired!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
11-11-2016, 08:03 PM
You’re fired!
And here we go!

"Vice President-elect Mike Pence will replace New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie as chairman of President-elect Donald Trump’s presidential transition effort, a change that will cement the Indiana governor’s influence over the incoming administration’s policy and personnel.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powe...on-effort/

On this thread we could keep tabs on everyone Trump fires after being elected since I’ve already forgotten how many he has already replaced and fired during the campaign.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
11-11-2016, 08:49 PM
RE: You’re fired!
Do you think he did this to distance himself from Christie or because he has plans for him? Attorney General, federal judge etc. Hell maybe FBI director haha.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
11-11-2016, 09:26 PM
(11-11-2016 08:49 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Do you think he did this to distance himself from Christie or because he has plans for him? Attorney General, federal judge etc. Hell maybe FBI director haha.

Director Of Transportation?
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
11-11-2016, 09:30 PM
(11-11-2016 09:26 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 08:49 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Do you think he did this to distance himself from Christie or because he has plans for him? Attorney General, federal judge etc. Hell maybe FBI director haha.

Director Of Transportation?

That just might work with his immense knowledge of bridge traffic routes.

11-11-2016, 09:48 PM

Nothing would surprise me.

The most interesting part of that piece is

"Trump, in a broad transition shake-up announced Friday, also gave his son-in-law and three eldest children official roles as transition advisers. The involvement of Trump’s adult children raises the specter of conflicts of interest, since they are poised to manage Trump’s businesses over the next four years.”

How can you keep your personal business dealings at arm’s length when the very people that are supposed to run the Trump businesses are advising you?

The nepotism is rampant and the web will continue to become even more tangled.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
11-11-2016, 09:56 PM
(11-11-2016 09:48 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

Nothing would surprise me.

The most interesting part of that piece is

"Trump, in a broad transition shake-up announced Friday, also gave his son-in-law and three eldest children official roles as transition advisers. The involvement of Trump’s adult children raises the specter of conflicts of interest, since they are poised to manage Trump’s businesses over the next four years.”

How can you keep your personal business dealings at arm’s length when the very people that are supposed to run the Trump businesses are advising you?

The nepotism is rampant and the web will continue to become even more tangled.

I read that there is nothing prohibiting him from continuing running his businesses himself. Some presidents have put their businesses into a blind trust but it's certainly not required. Although I will certainly agree that cutting the corporate business tax to 15% will no doubt help his business, it will be congress that actually write the laws anyway.

11-11-2016, 10:02 PM
I don't get something with this (as a thick Aussie)...

Christie is a Republican and a long-time Trump supporter—as far as I know. Huh

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
11-11-2016, 10:06 PM
(11-11-2016 10:02 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I don't get something with this (as a thick Aussie)...

Christie is a Republican and a long-time Trump supporter—as far as I know. Huh

Christie, as well as Carson were running against Trump as republicans early in the race.
Now that he's won, they've got their hands out.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
11-11-2016, 10:07 PM
(11-11-2016 09:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I read that there is nothing prohibiting him from continuing running his businesses himself. Some presidents have put their businesses into a blind trust but it's certainly not required.

This is correct but every president since Johnson has agreed so as to avoid conflicts of interest and impropriety or the perception thereof. I honestly don’t think Trump cares, he didn’t release his taxes and I don’t think he can keep his hands off his business for four days much less four years.

http://congressionalresearch.com/RS21656/document.php

12-11-2016, 05:43 AM

I'm guessing he wants to distance himself from Christie - because the ( D )s in NJ are trying to impeach Christie over the Bridgegate kerfuffle....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.