You Are Loved

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2012, 12:14 AM
You Are Loved
My good people (this means you):

As you wander the halls of the TTA forum and participate here, remember that behind the words on the screen are people with lives and hearts. Few of us will get the chance to meet other TTA-ers in real life. But this little place on the interweb is a community nonetheless. And, as loosely or strictly as you care to interpret it, we're kinda' family. It's one helluva' crazy-ass fucked-up family, but here we are. And that means Egor, too, dammit.

We turn off the computer and go to our 'real' lives--those other names on the screen do the same. And then what? We share details of our lives quite openly here, but we can never really know what's happening in someone's life. An interaction on this forum has the potential to make or break someone's day. I think we do a damn good job of making each other's lives a bit better--I see so much encouragement on these forums and I'm proud to be here with you all.

Please remember, everyone is vulnerable. Everyone. Regardless of what others choose to show the world, there is a part of them that is capable of being deeply wounded. Amidst all the advice, laughter, bible-bashing, geek talk and general dumbfuckery, we can rant and rave here, call each other names, call bullshit on each other....but when the sun goes down, please, let's make sure we haven't said anything or behaved in a way to devalue another human being.

I mean these things for all parts of our lives, but I'm compelled to address them from our forum point of view because it's sometimes easy to forget the humanity that sits behind the keyboard in another part of the world. I'm not saying this on account of anything anyone here has said or done wrong.

Something in my world is deeply affecting me. I would never seek to protect myself from this heartbreaking thing, because I have a chance to influence for good the life of a beautiful person who has trusted me. Right now I so wish that a benevolent god existed, who at my plea would reach out an almighty hand to provide some legitimate help to someone far from me. There is no fucking god for me to pray to! I feel helpless; I'm doing what I can; I hope it helps.

This fragile tendril of existence that we're lucky enough to experience won't even see the full dawn before our species becomes extinct.

Reach out to people when you need an encouraging word. Reach out to others who could use an ear or a shoulder. We can't all be there for everyone, but we can all be there for someone. We can't take care of each other, but we can watch out for each other. You will not have a heart for everyone; I sure don't. But when you have a heart for someone, show it! As much as you can do so without compromising your safety or that of others, err on the side of kindness. Don't ever wonder if you should! More kindness can only make our lot better in life. There is no god; we have only each other. And don't let anyone fade away....

And another thing: no matter who you are, someone on this grand planet loves you and thinks you're beautiful. There are probably people out there caring about you whose existence you barely acknowledge. Think about that when you're lonely or discouraged. Intentional or not, you make a difference in this world, and if that message doesn't come across in your everyday life, come here and let us remind you until you believe in yourself again. If there ever was a gospel that needs to be spread, it is this: Your existence on this planet matters. You are beautiful, and you are loved.

I'm sorry, I have to be quiet for a little while; it's what I do when my heart is heavy & my mind is full of these things. ~Valerie

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 14 users Like Percepticon's post
06-12-2012, 01:47 AM
RE: You Are Loved
I am a pretty infrequent person on this forum but this is exactly what I came here for and why I keep returning.. thank you.. because I need this place and all of you.. even if I do not post all the time or say so enough... its the need to feel that without the imaginary person that was so important in my life and so many of yours .. that we ARE NOT ALONE.. this is my place.. and all of yours as well

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like k37713's post
06-12-2012, 02:15 AM
You Are Loved
(06-12-2012 01:47 AM)k37713 Wrote:  I am a pretty infrequent person on this forum but this is exactly what I came here for and why I keep returning.. thank you.. because I need this place and all of you.. even if I do not post all the time or say so enough... its the need to feel that without the imaginary person that was so important in my life and so many of yours .. that we ARE NOT ALONE.. this is my place.. and all of yours as well

Amen. Smile

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
06-12-2012, 03:53 AM

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
06-12-2012, 06:27 AM
[Image: simpsons.gif]
Tehe. Wink

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
06-12-2012, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2012 08:43 AM by Logica Humano.)
I came to the conclusion that my life, itself, is worthless and replaceable. My heart beating is simply an automaton. My breath is simply the instinctual will to survive. My touch is the same as those around me.

The only thing that people truly appreciate about me, or anyone, is our personalities. Our brains. Only the most shallow, detestable people invest too much thought and desire into the capsule we reside in. I desire my friends to look good, not because I care too extensively about how they actually appear, but because it shows they have self-respect and they desire to look presentable. If you have no self-respect, no will, then I'll share some of mine.

At least, that is the nativity I live by.

P.S: I still like boobs though... Those have to stay. Let's just say, I also look beyond that.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
06-12-2012, 08:43 AM
(06-12-2012 08:39 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  P.S: I still like boobs though... Those have to stay.
I actually thought that was what Valerie meant when she said, "you are loved."

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
06-12-2012, 09:32 AM
[Image: happy-crying-face-tumblr-meme.png]

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 3 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
06-12-2012, 09:32 AM
(06-12-2012 08:43 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(06-12-2012 08:39 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  P.S: I still like boobs though... Those have to stay.
I actually thought that was what Valerie meant when she said, "you are loved."
Really?

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
06-12-2012, 09:33 AM
(06-12-2012 09:32 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(06-12-2012 08:43 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I actually thought that was what Valerie meant when she said, "you are loved."
Really?
[Image: ITSA%20RLY.jpg_thumb.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  "Gaga Doesn't Know how to Communicate With her Loved Ones" Peanut 0 160 26-02-2013 04:07 PM
Last Post: Peanut