You Are More Likely To Be Shot If There Is A Gun in The Home

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2017, 08:44 AM
RE: You Are More Likely To Be Shot If There Is A Gun in The Home
I remember that the Texans defended their home, the Alamo.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2017, 08:49 AM
(23-07-2017 08:44 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I remember that the Texans defended their home, the Alamo.

Good for you!!!

Did you remember to unzip before you pee-peed this time??

Facepalm

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
23-07-2017, 08:55 AM
To direct back to your own argument: "If you don't have a gun, you're more likely to be poisoned, stabbed, strangled or bludgeoned to death."

if you are speaking of incidents ONLY in the home, I would need to see causal evidence of this statement above. I imagine this would be incredibly difficult to parse out.

I would also need to know what violence is intentional versus accidental. It is very difficult to accidentally stab someone to death.
Much, much easier to accidentally shoot someone to death.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like ShadowProject's post
23-07-2017, 09:06 AM
(23-07-2017 08:55 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  To direct back to your own argument: "If you don't have a gun, you're more likely to be poisoned, stabbed, strangled or bludgeoned to death."

if you are speaking of incidents ONLY in the home, I would need to see causal evidence of this statement above. I imagine this would be incredibly difficult to parse out.

I would also need to know what violence is intentional versus accidental. It is very difficult to accidentally stab someone to death.

I don't think the NRA has scripted a reply to that yet. Drinking Beverage
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
23-07-2017, 09:35 AM
(23-07-2017 08:55 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  To direct back to your own argument: "If you don't have a gun, you're more likely to be poisoned, stabbed, strangled or bludgeoned to death."

I should say I am really thinking more about directed violence, rather than accidental death. Any accidental death concerning a firearm is due to neglect on the part of gun's owner.

There are those that contend simply having a gun present in a home created a hazard - regardless of it's kept condition. ( example - insurance companies charging a higher premium because there are firearms in a house, even if the guns are unloaded in a locked vault)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
23-07-2017, 09:37 AM
An unloaded gun in a locked vault is safe. (No pun intended.) It's also useless for "home defense".
23-07-2017, 09:42 AM
(23-07-2017 09:37 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  An unloaded gun in a locked vault is safe. (No pun intended.) It's also useless for "home defense".

And yet insurance companies will charge you higher premiums.

23-07-2017, 09:44 AM
(23-07-2017 09:42 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 09:37 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  An unloaded gun in a locked vault is safe. (No pun intended.) It's also useless for "home defense".

And yet insurance companies will charge you higher premiums.

I'm talking safety of the residents, not how much the toy locker costs to keep at home.
23-07-2017, 10:08 AM
(23-07-2017 06:23 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I suppose that we can only use those words which are in the subject line, to the exclusion of all others?

What did you think you meant by "stick to the subject line?"

You should not tell others what they can and can't do while assuming exceptions for your own posts.

(23-07-2017 06:23 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Petty word games aren't a valid argument.

I can feel the breeze from the desperate hand waving and I'm thousands of miles away.

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

23-07-2017, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2017 11:44 AM by onlinebiker.)
(23-07-2017 09:44 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 09:42 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And yet insurance companies will charge you higher premiums.

I'm talking safety of the residents, not how much the toy locker costs to keep at home.

Perhaps I haven't made it clear.

Insurance companies feel the can charge more for homeowners and medical insurance just because you have a firearm in your home ( regardless of kept condition).

Why do they feel they can charge more?

Because enough people believe the nonsense that anti- gun hucksters have been spouting for years.

Like the mere presence of a gun in a home makes you more likely to get shot. ( and by default, killed)