You Are More Likely To Be Shot If There Is A Gun in The Home

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2017, 10:54 AM
RE: You Are More Likely To Be Shot If There Is A Gun in The Home
If you don't have a gun in the house you are less likely to get shot. That's not a hard concept. More four year olds have shot their siblings with guns than with not-guns.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2017, 11:01 AM
Oh Jesus another gun thread ? Rolleyes Laugh out load
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
23-07-2017, 11:18 AM
(23-07-2017 11:01 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Oh Jesus another gun thread ? Rolleyes Laugh out load

Yea because another gun thread is so harmful like the nearly 36,000 per year deaths due to use of a firearm. Here is an idea, if you don't like the issue of any thread, then don't go into that thread. Not just on this topic, but any.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
23-07-2017, 11:19 AM
(23-07-2017 11:01 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Oh Jesus another gun thread ?

Someone shoot me now Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
23-07-2017, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2017 12:46 PM by epronovost.)
(23-07-2017 06:48 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You continue to fail to prove in any way that having a gun in your home makes you less safe. That is what this thread is about.

Care to address it directly?

This question answers itself. Can you injure yourself or others accidentaly at home with a gun? Yes, it's very possible. Is it likely? No, it's actualy rather rare when we take in account the number of firearms in households. Since the availability of a firearm at home doesn't reduce your likelyhood to own knives, poisons, a pool or large bludgenning objects like a baseball bat with which you can kill or injure accidentaly, having a gun at home does increase your chance of hurting someone or yourself accidentaly simply by adding a source of potential danger into your household. Thus the answer is very simple. Yes, guns in your home increase the danger of hurting yourself or others accidentaly.

Can they reduce the danger of other events that can happen in an household? Yes, firearm can be used efficently for self defense, especially if there is dangerous fauna in your area, that can make them worth the risk of owning them. Are accidents with firearms more common than the legitimate use of a gun to defend a household? It's hard to say precisely and varies a lot if you are in an urban or rural area. In a rural area, firearms are a much more useful than in an urban area due to the greater presence of dangerous fauna like bears and the much lower presence and slower response of police services. In the first, I would say that the risk are compensated by the advantages. In the second, I would say it's the opposite.

Do you agree with those very simple statements?

PS: It's aso good to note that the type of firearm can increase or decrease the risks as well as their storage method and even the reasons for which they were bought and the general attitude of a person toward weapons in general.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
23-07-2017, 11:51 AM
(23-07-2017 11:18 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 11:01 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Oh Jesus another gun thread ? Rolleyes Laugh out load

Yea because another gun thread is so harmful like the nearly 36,000 per year deaths due to use of a firearm. Here is an idea, if you don't like the issue of any thread, then don't go into that thread. Not just on this topic, but any.

I don't need a fucking moral lecture from you Brian I'll post as I see fit and if its wrong then maybe I will get suspended like how you did. Angry
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
23-07-2017, 11:54 AM

At least it started out as a gun thread.

I don't know if my insurance company charges more if I have firearms. I'll have to check into that.
23-07-2017, 11:56 AM
(23-07-2017 11:54 AM)Fireball Wrote:  

At least it started out as a gun thread.

I don't know if my insurance company charges more if I have firearms. I'll have to check into that.

Well if something useful and helpful comes out of it then that's good my friend.
23-07-2017, 11:56 AM
(23-07-2017 11:19 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 11:01 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Oh Jesus another gun thread ?

Someone shoot me now Drinking Beverage

Please....shoot me first!

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
23-07-2017, 11:57 AM
(23-07-2017 11:56 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 11:19 AM)Vera Wrote:  Someone shoot me now Drinking Beverage

Please....shoot me first!

I'm feeling like doing the shooting right about nowWink but not you mate. Smile