You Are More Likely To Be Shot If There Is A Gun in The Home

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2017, 05:05 PM
RE: You Are More Likely To Be Shot If There Is A Gun in The Home
(23-07-2017 04:57 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 04:51 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Concealed carry people believe it's their right to carry a gun in your house.

How utterly omnipotent of you, to know how other people feel.....

If you don't want me carrying in your house, there's a very simple solution.

I will go elsewhere.

You got nothing I need to see.

Other than the omnipotent part...we part ways here.

I will respect the rules and wishes of another person when entering their home. If they don't want a gun in their house, I wouldn't bring one in. If they don't want someone to drink/smoke/swear...fine, it's their house. They want me to take off my shoes before I enter, fine.

Their house, their rules.

Of course, a person always has the choice of just not entering the house if they don't like the rules.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
23-07-2017, 05:10 PM
(23-07-2017 05:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 04:57 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  How utterly omnipotent of you, to know how other people feel.....

If you don't want me carrying in your house, there's a very simple solution.

I will go elsewhere.

You got nothing I need to see.

Other than the omnipotent part...we part ways here.

I will respect the rules and wishes of another person when entering their home. If they don't want a gun in their house, I wouldn't bring one in. If they don't want someone to drink/smoke/swear...fine, it's their house. They want me to take off my shoes before I enter, fine.

Their house, their rules.

Of course, a person always has the choice of just not entering the house if they don't like the rules.

Exactly..

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
23-07-2017, 05:22 PM
(23-07-2017 04:27 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 04:14 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Hay mate, you really need to get off your soapbox about this subject....

And yet here you are, making sure your voice is heard.

Ironic, isn't it??

LOL... I obviously struck a raw nerve.

Here are some actual, genuine, accredited facts, supported by real, viable, true empirical evidence...

Gun Ownership and Firearm-related Deaths.

"Among the 27 developed countries, there was a significant positive correlation between guns per capita per country and the rate of firearm-related deaths...

"In addition, there was a positive correlation between mental illness burden in a country and firearm-related deaths...

"In a linear regression model with firearm-related deaths as the dependent variable with gun ownership and mental illness as independent covariates, gun ownership was a significant predictor of firearm-related deaths, whereas mental illness was of borderline significance only...

CONCLUSION:

"The number of guns per capita per country was a strong and independent predictor of firearm-related death in a given country, whereas the predictive power of the mental illness burden was of borderline significance in a multivariable model. Regardless of exact cause and effect, however, the current study debunks the widely quoted hypothesis that guns make a nation safer."

—I'll now await OLB's inevitable refutation of this study. I know from past experiences he seldom lets the facts get in the way of his more than favourable opinions about firearms. Drinking Beverage

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
23-07-2017, 05:23 PM
(23-07-2017 04:51 PM)pablo Wrote:  You are 100% more likely to drown in your back yard if you install a pool. ~ Bill Burr

So far I have managed to escape a watery death in my backyard pool. Whew!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
23-07-2017, 06:01 PM
(23-07-2017 05:22 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 04:27 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And yet here you are, making sure your voice is heard.

Ironic, isn't it??

LOL... I obviously struck a raw nerve.

Here are some actual, genuine, accredited facts, supported by real, viable, true empirical evidence...

Gun Ownership and Firearm-related Deaths.

"Among the 27 developed countries, there was a significant positive correlation between guns per capita per country and the rate of firearm-related deaths...

"In addition, there was a positive correlation between mental illness burden in a country and firearm-related deaths...

"In a linear regression model with firearm-related deaths as the dependent variable with gun ownership and mental illness as independent covariates, gun ownership was a significant predictor of firearm-related deaths, whereas mental illness was of borderline significance only...

CONCLUSION:

"The number of guns per capita per country was a strong and independent predictor of firearm-related death in a given country, whereas the predictive power of the mental illness burden was of borderline significance in a multivariable model. Regardless of exact cause and effect, however, the current study debunks the widely quoted hypothesis that guns make a nation safer."

—I'll now await OLB's inevitable refutation of this study. I know from past experiences he seldom lets the facts get in the way of his more than favourable opinions about firearms. Drinking Beverage

Nope. No nerves hit.

Sorry to disappoint......

If you love the European way of rolling over and taking what you get, I suggest you live in Europe.

I'll take my chances in "the wild west" you so despise......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
23-07-2017, 06:21 PM
Quote:How many rounds has your neighbor launched in your direction to date???

I'm going to take a wild guess, and say none.....

Beats me. None have hit....yet, but he looks like a real redneck shithead. I hope he blows his own balls off before he shoots me.

Over at AF.com I have a thread going about gun "accidents." They are not "accidents." They are negligence cases.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
23-07-2017, 06:35 PM
(23-07-2017 06:21 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  

Beats me. None have hit....yet, but he looks like a real redneck shithead. I hope he blows his own balls off before he shoots me.

Over at AF.com I have a thread going about gun "accidents." They are not "accidents." They are negligence cases.

Don't judge a book...

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-07-2017, 07:10 PM
(23-07-2017 06:21 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  

A gun "accident" is when a barrel fails due to defect.

An accidental discharge is a fuck up, plain and simple.

No excuses...

23-07-2017, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2017 09:43 PM by evenheathen.)
(23-07-2017 05:23 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Let's examine the subject statement.

Is it true? Yes, I suspect statistics would bear this out.

It's not about the likelihood of an act being committed. It's about available methodology.

Good glory, I swore to myself I'd ignore this thread, but I do have one point to make.

The "false equivalency" charge is correct here, OLB. You are taking a statement that is true (by your own admission) when all points are considered, then saying let's not consider these here points, that then makes the statement false.

False equivalence.

When the only points in a scenario are as you are arguing, I'd agree with you wholeheartedly, but that's not the statement you used in the OP.

Edit: Jesus, I've been an unrelenting asshole here, lately, and I'm sorry. This place has gotten pretty hostile over the last year or so, I think the whole atmosphere of civility has taken a turn for the worst and I'm afraid that I'm going with the flow, and it doesn't seem to be helping anything. And I don't like being that person.

This is still a good place, but attitudes need to change. Mine included. It's been a trying time for everyone, but we're all just clowns in the same show for God's sake.
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
23-07-2017, 08:07 PM
I think private ownership of trampolines should be illegal.

And...that is all I have time to write now.

Carry on.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
[+] 2 users Like Jeanne's post