You Are More Likely To Be Shot If There Is A Gun in The Home

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2017, 08:17 PM
RE: You Are More Likely To Be Shot If There Is A Gun in The Home
(23-07-2017 08:07 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  I think private ownership of trampolines should be illegal.

And...that is all I have time to write now.

Carry on.

Again we compare apples to SMBHs.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2017, 12:12 AM
(23-07-2017 06:01 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 05:22 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Here are some actual, genuine, accredited facts, supported by real, viable, true empirical evidence...

Nope. No nerves hit.

Sorry to disappoint......

If you love the European way of rolling over and taking what you get, I suggest you live in Europe.

I'll take my chances in "the wild west" you so despise......

LOL... yet another straw man—"the wild west" that I allegedly despise? Did I ever say anything like that? Please don't put words in my mouth.

More to the point, is there any reason you haven't responded to the evidence about an increase in shooting deaths with relation to gun ownership? Or is it that you can't defend the indefensible, or maybe you think that the The American Journal of Medicine paper I cited is erroneous in its methodology or conclusions?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
24-07-2017, 12:29 AM
(23-07-2017 06:01 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If you love the European way of rolling over and taking what you get, I suggest you live in Europe.

Afaik the US has a 3 times higher homicide ratio than even the worst EU country. So, yeah, im sitting here in europe, taking what i get, 0.07 homicides per capita vs. 3,43 in the US. I am quite content with this. Thats why i dont (dont need to) open gun threads, you know.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
24-07-2017, 02:09 AM
(23-07-2017 04:39 PM)Aliza Wrote:  "You Are More Likely To Be Shot If There Is A Gun in The Home"

Yes, if a burglar with a gun robs my home while I'm in it, I'm much more likely to be shot with a gun than if the burglar had chosen to stay off the fucking drugs and get a proper education to support themselves in the first place.

I can't imagine any other scenario in which a gun would enter my home, so any time a gun comes in, it was against my wishes and my chances of getting shot skyrocket.

What about police officers on duty? I imagine that would be an exception.

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

24-07-2017, 05:08 AM
(24-07-2017 02:09 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  What about police officers on duty? I imagine that would be an exception.

In the US you would imagine wrong.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
24-07-2017, 05:52 AM
(23-07-2017 08:17 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 08:07 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  I think private ownership of trampolines should be illegal.

And...that is all I have time to write now.

Carry on.

Again we compare apples to SMBHs.

Nope, just a short commentary over the hysterics of those who believe that a gun in the house means certain maiming or death for children and other people who need supervision.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
[+] 2 users Like Jeanne's post
24-07-2017, 06:21 AM
(24-07-2017 05:52 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 08:17 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Again we compare apples to SMBHs.

Nope, just a short commentary over the hysterics of those who believe that a gun in the house means certain maiming or death for children and other people who need supervision.

"Hysterics". Bye.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-07-2017, 06:31 AM
(24-07-2017 05:08 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(24-07-2017 02:09 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  What about police officers on duty? I imagine that would be an exception.

In the US you would imagine wrong.

Really? What do they do when taking statements house-to-house while investigating a crime?

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

24-07-2017, 07:46 AM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2017 08:02 AM by onlinebiker.)
(24-07-2017 06:31 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  
(24-07-2017 05:08 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  In the US you would imagine wrong.

Really? What do they do when taking statements house-to-house while investigating a crime?

Lol... You really think they go house to house questioning people????

You been watching too much American TV mate...

The cops tell the victims to contact their insurance company, and promptly disappear........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
24-07-2017, 08:07 AM
(24-07-2017 06:31 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  
(24-07-2017 05:08 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  In the US you would imagine wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understood what your original post to mean that you would expect interactions with an armed police officer to be the exception to the rule that your chances of getting shot are higher when there is a gun in the home.

If so then no I don't believe interactions with armed police are an exception. The recent death of Justine Damond is one example of why I don't believe police are an an exception to the rule. This dumb fuck shooting himself in front of a class full of middle school students is another.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]