You Asked For It

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2013, 09:30 AM
RE: You Asked For It
(03-06-2013 09:24 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 07:10 AM)Chas Wrote:  I see that you don't see. Drinking Beverage

That's how it's going to get you. You won't see it coming. Consider

And I see that you can't give me an example in life where it will significantly effect my life for the negative... Drinking Beverage

Quote:I am with Chas.
Society still considers the lack of spelling and writing skills an indication of low intelligence. It's a stigma, but you can't make it go away by ignoring it.
It's going to hugely affect the way people perceive you.

I've never been bothered with the way society perceives me, why start now?

People can think I have an IQ lower then 100 all they wont, it doesn't bother me.

When it does affect you, it will be too late.

When the investment banker doesn't provide funding, when the loan officer doesn't approve a loan, when the landlord doesn't rent you that space, when that person ignores you, when ...

You can blame the world or you can take responsibility.

Your call.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2013, 10:16 AM
(03-06-2013 09:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 09:24 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  And I see that you can't give me an example in life where it will significantly effect my life for the negative... Drinking Beverage

I've never been bothered with the way society perceives me, why start now?

People can think I have an IQ lower then 100 all they wont, it doesn't bother me.

When it does affect you, it will be too late.

When the investment banker doesn't provide funding, when the loan officer doesn't approve a loan, when the landlord doesn't rent you that space, when that person ignores you, when ...

Your call.

You mean when I spell my name wrong when I fill out a bunch of forms???
I'm confused, I thought you were going to give me some examples, all you've done is assume I can't spell my name or remember my phone number to write on the dotted line.

I repeat, are there any examples in life where my spelling errors would effect my life for the negative?

And what kind of money lender doesn't lend money based solely on spelling? If the deal is good, I can afford repayments etc.. then he's gonna do it. Again, business is the language of money, not the language of English.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
03-06-2013, 10:21 AM
(03-06-2013 10:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 09:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  When it does affect you, it will be too late.

Your call.

I'm confused, I thought you were going to give me some examples, all you've done is assume I can't spell my name or remember my phone number to write on the dotted line.

I repeat, are there any examples in life where my spelling errors would effect my life for the negative?

And what kind of money lender doesn't lend money based solely on spelling? If the deal is good, I can afford repayments etc.. then he's gonna do it. Again, business is the language of money, not the language of English.

Business financing and loans are based on risk assessment and ROI.

If the financier/banker judges you mentally incapable of success, you're toast.

I'm done here, 'Muffs. You refuse to consider this so I will not waste my time.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2013, 10:32 AM
(03-06-2013 10:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 09:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  When it does affect you, it will be too late.

Your call.

There are usually descriptions of the business etc. involved, that require short essay type submissions. And more than likely, you will be competing for money.

Anyway, I am out too, it's up to you. None of my business, really.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-06-2013, 10:36 AM
(31-05-2013 12:27 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  GOD LIVES UNDER THE BED

I envy Kevin. My brother, Kevin, thinks God lives under his bed. At least that's what I heard him say one night.

He was praying out loud in his dark bedroom, and I stopped to listen, 'Are you there, God?' he said. 'Where are you? Oh, I see. Under the bed....'

I giggled softly and tiptoed off to my own room. Kevin's unique perspectives are often a source of amusement. But that night something else lingered long after the humor. I realized for the first time the very different world Kevin lives in.

He was born 30 years ago, mentally disabled as a result of difficulties during labor. Apart from his size (he's 6-foot-2), there are few ways in which he is an adult.

He reasons and communicates with the capabilities of a 7-year-old, and he always will. He will probably always believe that God lives under his bed, that Santa Claus is the one who fills the space under our tree every Christmas and that airplanes stay up in the sky because angels carry them.

I remember wondering if Kevin realizes he is different. Is he ever dissatisfied with his monotonous life?

Up before dawn each day, off to work at a workshop for the disabled, home to walk our cocker spaniel, return to eat his favorite macaroni-and-cheese for dinner, and later to bed.

The only variation in the entire scheme is laundry, when he hovers excitedly over the washing machine like a mother with her newborn child.

He does not seem dissatisfied.

He lopes out to the bus every morning at 7:05, eager for a day of simple work.

He wrings his hands excitedly while the water boils on the stove before dinner, and he stays up late twice a week to gather our dirty laundry for his next day's laundry chores.

And Saturdays - oh, the bliss of Saturdays! That's the day my Dad takes Kevin to the airport to have a soft drink, watch the planes land, and speculate loudly on the destination of each passenger inside. 'That one's goin' to Chi-car-go! '
Kevin shouts as he claps his hands.

His anticipation is so great he can hardly sleep on Friday nights.

And so goes his world of daily rituals and weekend field trips.

He doesn't know what it means to be discontent.

His life is simple.

He will never know the entanglements of wealth or power, and he does not care what brand of clothing he wears or what kind of food he eats. His needs have always been met, and he never worries that one day they may not be.

His hands are diligent. Kevin is never so happy as when he is working. When he unloads the dishwasher or vacuums the carpet, his heart is completely in it.

He does not shrink from a job when it is begun, and he does not leave a job until it is finished. But when his tasks are done, Kevin knows how to relax.

He is not obsessed with his work or the work of others. His heart is pure.

He still believes everyone tells the truth, promises must be kept, and when you are wrong, you apologize instead of argue.

Free from pride and unconcerned with appearances, Kevin is not afraid to cry when he is hurt, angry or sorry. He is always transparent, always sincere. And he trusts God.

Not confined by intellectual reasoning, when he comes to Christ, he comes as a child. Kevin seems to know God - to really be friends with Him in a way that is difficult for an 'educated' person to grasp. God seems like his closest companion.

In my moments of doubt and frustrations with my Christianity, I envy the security Kevin has in his simple faith.

It is then that I am most willing to admit that he has some divine knowledge that rises above my mortal questions.

It is then I realize that perhaps he is not the one with the handicap. I am. My obligations, my fear, my pride, my circumstances - they all become disabilities when I do not trust them to God's care.

Who knows if Kevin comprehends things I can never learn? After all, he has spent his whole life in that kind of innocence, praying after dark and soaking up the goodness and love of God.

And one day, when the mysteries of heaven are opened, and we are all amazed at how close God really is to our hearts, I'll realize that God heard the simple prayers of a boy who believed that God lived under his bed.

Kevin won't be surprised at all!
This is a very sad story. Why? Because Kevin is blindly trusting in the very god who completely ignored him during the labor difficulties that left him disabled. Gawd proved he is unworthy of that trust right from the first moments of Kevin's life.

Quote:Not confined by intellectual reasoning
Nothing could be further from the truth. Due to his limited mental capacity, he has absorbed the intellectual reasoning (actually, lack of) of those who implanted the idea of god in his head, unable apparently to see that if such a loving god really existed, he wouldn't be disabled today!

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
03-06-2013, 10:41 AM
(03-06-2013 10:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 10:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You mean when I spell my name wrong when I fill out a bunch of forms???

Business financing and loans are based on risk assessment and ROI.

But mental capability is not based on spelling, for financials anyway, and spelling will hardly be the key factor in their considerations...
Not to mention that it's not like I'm not going to double/triple check spelling on things like business plans...

You're done here because you can't back up what you are saying, you can't give me an example because you know that my spelling will not drastically effect my life for the negative. But you know, "I'm at fault here", yeah okay Chas...
Don't get shitty at me because you can't come up with a simple example.
I'm more then happy to consider this, but only when it's worth considering. Drinking Beverage

Quote:There are usually descriptions of the business etc. involved, that require short essay type submissions. And more than likely, you will be competing for money.

Important things like this I will double/triple check, get a third party perspective my spelling.
The more serious something it is the more likely I'm going to check my spelling...
It's not like I don't know my spelling is shit...

Either give me a valid reason to actively improve my spelling, or shut up.

03-06-2013, 10:43 AM
The fries are getting close, we must evacuate.

Too, is to two many.

Leave and let leave.

Shoe fly.

Your you're own wurst anime.

Tongue

Joust practising my speling.

Do'nt mine me, I'm only entraining myself.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
03-06-2013, 11:10 AM
(03-06-2013 10:41 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 10:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  Business financing and loans are based on risk assessment and ROI.

But mental capability is not based on spelling, for financials anyway, and spelling will hardly be the key factor in their considerations...
Not to mention that it's not like I'm not going to double/triple check spelling on things like business plans...

You're done here because you can't back up what you are saying, you can't give me an example because you know that my spelling will not drastically effect my life for the negative. But you know, "I'm at fault here", yeah okay Chas...
Don't get shitty at me because you can't come up with a simple example.
I'm more then happy to consider this, but only when it's worth considering. Drinking Beverage

Quote:There are usually descriptions of the business etc. involved, that require short essay type submissions. And more than likely, you will be competing for money.

Important things like this I will double/triple check, get a third party perspective my spelling.
The more serious something it is the more likely I'm going to check my spelling...
It's not like I don't know my spelling is shit...

Either give me a valid reason to actively improve my spelling, or shut up.

Note to self: Don't try to help Muffs again, he is rude as shit.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
03-06-2013, 11:34 AM
(03-06-2013 11:10 AM)Dom Wrote:  Note to self: Don't try to help Muffs again, he is rude as shit.

Note to self: Try to help Muffs in the future. He's rude as shit and it's hilarious.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
03-06-2013, 01:14 PM
And every time I make a spelling mistake replying to that reply to point out that tiny little spelling mistake isn't being rude?
Maybe if people constantly point out little insignificant things in every second of your posts Dom then perhaps you too will be a little annoyed and rude. But nooooo, I'm being rude...

I don't apologize for questioning Chas's flawed argument...

Chas: "Clean up your spelling or your life will be ruined"
Dom: "yea!"
Me: "Why will my life be ruined?"
Chas: "I'm not even gonna help you if you are not even gonna consider my point of view!!"
Dom: "yea!, and stop being so rude!"

His argument has the same validity as the bible...
I am more then willing to consider the seriousness of my shitty spelling when it's worth considering.
But until you offer a sound argument or point, shut up about it. It's that bloody simple.

You can go ahead and put me on your ignore list now Dom if I'm being too rude for you.
You might wanna work on that sensitivity though, it will ruin your life!