"You Atheists Only Mention The Bad Stuff In The Bible!"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2013, 09:26 PM
RE: "You Atheists Only Mention The Bad Stuff In The Bible!"
(05-12-2013 08:59 PM)sporehux Wrote:  I said this to a friend and his response was that Jesus, changed it so there are only 2 commandments, love god and love they neighbor (which he explained can also mean stranger).

so any thing bad i can quote is vetoed by love thy anybody command.

Unless they are gay, have damaged members, are non-virginal.....

You know, the conditional part of unconditional love.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
05-12-2013, 09:33 PM
I guess, you know, that means there's hope, 'cause they know there is bad stuff in the bibble. Unsure

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
05-12-2013, 09:37 PM
(05-12-2013 06:30 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  How many times have you heard this one? I tell Christians who say this that I agree that there are good things in the Bible, but there are good things in the teachings of Buddha and the Wiccan Rede. So I tell them that the problem is this: You can't come to me and tell me that the Bible is an infallible book and that without it we would have no moral rules to live by, and then turn around and get all pissed off when I point out all of the immoral garbage in the Bible, like condoning slavery, or that a child who disobeys their parents is to be taken to the city gates and stoned to death.

The fact is, if I truly lived by the Bible and it was the word of an infallible god, then you couldn't prosecute me for crimes like selling my daughter as a sex slave, or killing kids for making fun of a man for being bald. It is complete and utter hypocrisy to say that the Bible is an infallible book because it is the word of an infallible god, and that we need the Bible for morals, and then turn around and ignore all the immoral crap that is in there.

I'm an atheist but I was usually a Christian. I just stopped believing, but the Bible doesn't really have many problems.
05-12-2013, 09:45 PM
(05-12-2013 09:37 PM)Istic Wrote:  
(05-12-2013 06:30 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  How many times have you heard this one? I tell Christians who say this that I agree that there are good things in the Bible, but there are good things in the teachings of Buddha and the Wiccan Rede. So I tell them that the problem is this: You can't come to me and tell me that the Bible is an infallible book and that without it we would have no moral rules to live by, and then turn around and get all pissed off when I point out all of the immoral garbage in the Bible, like condoning slavery, or that a child who disobeys their parents is to be taken to the city gates and stoned to death.

The fact is, if I truly lived by the Bible and it was the word of an infallible god, then you couldn't prosecute me for crimes like selling my daughter as a sex slave, or killing kids for making fun of a man for being bald. It is complete and utter hypocrisy to say that the Bible is an infallible book because it is the word of an infallible god, and that we need the Bible for morals, and then turn around and ignore all the immoral crap that is in there.

I'm an atheist but I was usually a Christian. I just stopped believing, but the Bible doesn't really have many problems.

Yeah, they used spellcheck so it's all good.

<snort>

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 5 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
05-12-2013, 09:59 PM
(05-12-2013 09:26 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(05-12-2013 08:59 PM)sporehux Wrote:  I said this to a friend and his response was that Jesus, changed it so there are only 2 commandments, love god and love they neighbor (which he explained can also mean stranger).

so any thing bad i can quote is vetoed by love thy anybody command.

Unless they are gay, have damaged members, are non-virginal.....

You know, the conditional part of unconditional love.

Nope apparently his born again sect is vetoing all bad stuff , gays are loved now.

but Muslims are the the devil, as long as you hate Muslims you can be a child molesting gay evolutionists atheist and still be welcome, as long as you accept ju\esus into your heart (like that could be proven , I said. God would know he replies).

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
05-12-2013, 10:55 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2013 12:03 AM by The Misanthrope.)
(05-12-2013 06:48 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  There's good stuff? Where??

[Image: wtf.gif]

The bit where they crucify the God(the)Father's kid, Big JewLie, or should that be Big Julie?? Laugh out load
05-12-2013, 11:16 PM
(05-12-2013 09:37 PM)Istic Wrote:  ...but the Bible doesn't really have many problems.

[Image: colin-farrell.gif]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 4 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
06-12-2013, 12:21 AM
(05-12-2013 11:16 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(05-12-2013 09:37 PM)Istic Wrote:  ...but the Bible doesn't really have many problems.

[Image: colin-farrell.gif]

Not if you are one of God's herrenvolk and read it as it was intended to be read, i.e. as the Hebrews Mein Kampf. Yes
[+] 1 user Likes The Misanthrope's post
06-12-2013, 01:10 AM
Turns out that "Istic" was a TTT sockpuppet.

Fuck him.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
06-12-2013, 06:26 AM
(05-12-2013 06:48 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  There's good stuff? Where??

[Image: wtf.gif]

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user