"You Atheists Only Mention The Bad Stuff In The Bible!"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2013, 12:19 AM
RE: "You Atheists Only Mention The Bad Stuff In The Bible!"
I found a poe, well at least I hope so otherwise human race failTongue Said poe would kill indiscriminately if ordered by god. Without much self-evaluation I might add. Which screams to me poe troll.
Then there was also this guy on suscipe domine who admit nearly the same thing...yeah we got a problem.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2013, 12:23 AM
(05-12-2013 09:37 PM)Istic Wrote:  I'm an atheist but I was usually a Christian. I just stopped believing, but the Bible doesn't really have many problems.

Which bible have you been reading? Or are you being facetious ?

"To think of what the world has suffered from superstition, from religion, from the worship of beast and stone and god, is
almost enough to make one insane."

Robert G. Ingersoll
07-12-2013, 12:36 AM
(05-12-2013 08:59 PM)sporehux Wrote:  I said this to a friend and his response was that Jesus, changed it so there are only 2 commandments, love god and love they neighbor (which he explained can also mean stranger).

so any thing bad i can quote is vetoed by love thy anybody command.

Your friend was probably just parroting one of Pastor Flagon's sermons. You can bet ya left knacker neither of them read this article.
07-12-2013, 06:00 AM
(07-12-2013 12:19 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  I found a poe, well at least I hope so otherwise human race failTongue Said poe would kill indiscriminately if ordered by god. Without much self-evaluation I might add. Which screams to me poe troll.
Then there was also this guy on suscipe domine who admit nearly the same thing...yeah we got a problem.

Hutaree?
07-12-2013, 08:43 AM
(07-12-2013 12:23 AM)Organon Wrote:  
(05-12-2013 09:37 PM)Istic Wrote:  I'm an atheist but I was usually a Christian. I just stopped believing, but the Bible doesn't really have many problems.

Which bible have you been reading? Or are you being facetious ?

"Istic", whom you quoted, was sock puppet of the x-tard troll "TheThinkingTheist", now banned.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
08-12-2013, 11:15 PM
(06-12-2013 10:28 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Exactly.

When you look at the sheer amount of apologetics written to try to deal with the bad stuff, you realize that most Christians don't like it either, and they're trying to make their belief system more palatable. Most of these excuses/justifications come off as either very non-falsifiable and made-up (mysterious ways. Satan did it. Fall did it. Flood did it), or exceptionally creepy (It's okay for God to kill children because he has dominion over humans and, earth is only temporary and their souls will end up in heaven anyway).

It gets brought up to remind them that they don't like it, either. If they're going to believe something that creepy, I want them to own it.

Don't forget about that pathetic "Free Will" argument. Everytime I hear this it makes me want to rip my own head off and throw it at someone. Dodgy