You CAN hate someone who does not exist!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2014, 03:07 AM
You CAN hate someone who does not exist!
OK Fellow Atheists and Christians. Let's get this one thing straight! You CAN hate someone who does not exist! This goes for you too Christians and other Theists!

I cannot TELL YOU...OOOHHH...MMMFHPHMMMM....HOW MANY FICTIONAL CHARACTERS I HAAAAAATTTTEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

...Naraku...Naraku from Inuyasha...I think I fucking hate him more than ANYPONY ELSE OUT THERE!!!

I hate him so much, All the terrible things he did to those people, Inuyasha and his friends and worst of all....what he did to my favorite character from the series Kagura....ooohh...ERRR...MMMMM...It makes me SO angry!

Is it rational to hate people who do not exist? HOW can I hate someone who does not exist?
I have no fucking clue...but there is a VERY Long list of people who do not exist I hate....hate hate hate hate hate them ALLL!!!!

Now, if anyone knows some psychologists...tell them to get busy on a study to find out why I hate these people who do not exist from the comics and cartoons I read/watch so I can explain it to people.

I bet each and every one of you, no matter if your a blind fool like HBL or one of our outstanding and logical members here, you can name at least 3 characters who do not exist who you actually HATE..

I hate the OT God Yahweh....I hate him...hate him..HATE.

Although there are far more that I hate SO MUCH MORE!!!
So I say, YES! I CAN HATE SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT EXIST!

....and yes I know the do not exist, so I know the difference between reality and fantasy.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Shadow Fox's post
16-08-2014, 03:19 AM
RE: You CAN hate someone who does not exist!
AM, from I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream.
Bloody Marie, from Skullgirls.
The protagonist from that Scumbag Loser manga.

I too know that you can hate things and people that don't exist.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
16-08-2014, 07:13 AM
Re: You CAN hate someone who does not exist!
I simply hate Inuyasha... Maybe not really, I just never liked the show.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
16-08-2014, 07:33 AM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2014 08:42 AM by CleverUsername.)
It's very simple and easy to hate people that don't exist. You hate them for the same reason you'd hate people who do exist. If we each were to take our lists, and go into detail on exactly why we hated them, at least most of the reasons would probably be things that would make us hate people in real life.

For example, we hate God because he's a genocidal lunatic, and in real life we hate genocidal lunatics.

If anything, I think it's easier to hate fictional characters, because there's the possibility of them being played up as good people in their narrative, despite being absolutely loathsome, like God is, and that adds a whole new layer of anger and frustration. Plus, there are a bunch of things fictional characters get flack for that real people probably wouldn't, e.g. being pointless (it's hard for a person to be pointless to begin with, since our lives aren't condensed stories).

And, yeah, I have a fairly long list of fictional characters I hate.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
16-08-2014, 07:53 AM
I can't Sleepy I'm Zen like that.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
16-08-2014, 08:05 AM
Mortimer Bartesque.
I do think I hate him.
Oh. And Dolores Umbridge. Her I love to hate.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
16-08-2014, 08:06 AM
I can't really think of a villain that I hate. I find the most interesting stories are due to the most interesting villains.
I actually love the god of the bible. He's a psychopath. He claims to be all that is good but is wrathful. He demands both love and fear. He's one if the most interesting villains in literature. If only the bible was better written it would make for a great read. I can't really think of a fictional villain that I hate but I could probably think of a fictional hero that's not all that fun.
[+] 3 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
16-08-2014, 08:21 AM
I don't know about "hate" but I certainly loathe several historical figures for many reasons. Mainly for rising to a level of prominence to lead groups of people into becoming homicidal maniacs. For some reason, it's not unusual ... history seems to be a revolving door for vile people.

I usually consider literary characters or fantasy type characters like elves and even animal creatures, to be descriptions of humanity. So for me, legends and stories are more like, "How To Be..." or "How Not To Be..." kind of stories or morality plays. Often, the most detestable characters can be cruel and horrendously frightening, but I don't think I've ever felt much beyond the sickening notion that there are actually real people like this or even worse. There have been quite a few actual human characters who have pulled me very close to hate but, I don't think I've ever actually hated a fictitious character... not even god.

Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
16-08-2014, 09:35 AM
[Image: tyrion-slapping-joffrey-o.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
16-08-2014, 09:43 AM
Yes and no.

No in the sense that you can hate Micky Mouse because Mickey Mouse is not real.

Yes in the "lets pretend this invisible hero were real for arguments sake"

If we pretend this claimed invisible sky hero were real, I could not call such a being moral because it does not need my consent to rule over me, nor can it be removed from it's position, on top of blaming me for what it didn't have to set up in the first place". Much less that there is no evidence of magical invisible super brains with magic wands in any case.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user