You CAN hate someone who does not exist!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2014, 02:39 PM
RE: You CAN hate someone who does not exist!
I never really knew my grandparents. Three were dead before I was born and the other was dead before I was 4 years old.

My wife was born with a congenital vision problem that left her blind in one eye and very near sighted in the other.

It turns out I am sterile and can't have kids. (So our kids are adopted.)

My father spent the last 18 years of his life at first in a wheelchair and finally in bed, unable to speak the entire time, and paralyzed on one side due to a stroke.

My oldest child was just diagnosed with 2 learning disabilities that impact almost every subject in school because they are related to language processing.

Do I hate God? No. But I sure hate the concept that some people believe there is an all good being "up there" who could do something about all these things and doesn't. Sometimes it even feels like I hate the god because remnants of indoctrination still linger somewhere deep down (and I hate that too).

And then I remember children with cancer, children with developmental disabilities, children with any of a variety of very serious diseases... and I realize my life and the lives of those I love could be much worse. And I realize that that those less fortunate children give me all the more reason to hate that fucking god concept!

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2014, 02:49 PM
(16-08-2014 09:48 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I hate Samantha, she's my imaginary ex-gf.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
19-08-2014, 02:55 PM
Personally I love the idea of God, I just hate everyone else's idea of God, and that may well be the fatal flaw of believing in God Wink
19-08-2014, 03:21 PM
(19-08-2014 02:55 PM)Ray Butler Wrote:  Personally I love the idea of God, I just hate everyone else's idea of God, and that may well be the fatal flaw of believing in God Wink

In Soviet Russia (and everywhere else), God hates you Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-08-2014, 03:28 PM
(19-08-2014 02:49 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 09:48 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I hate Samantha, she's my imaginary ex-gf.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Turns out she was into other imaginary girls

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze