You Guys Know I'm Teasing, Right?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2015, 07:24 AM
RE: You Guys Know I'm Teasing, Right?
(01-03-2015 12:26 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  ...
They don't get it. They can't get it.

Indeed. Some, perhaps.

Of course, the remark is mainly intended for the unseen audience; the wavering reader.

It's the snigger during the church sermon; the encourager for the nearly bold; the "you are not alone" for the doubting Thomas; the held out hand for the almost 'out'.

Wink

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
01-03-2015, 07:56 AM
(01-03-2015 12:53 AM)pablo Wrote:  I found it!

"and I had already cleaned my car out"... does she think that the penny had to be there since 2013 because it has a 2013 date? Facepalm

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
01-03-2015, 08:07 AM
(01-03-2015 12:10 AM)DLJ Wrote:  As part of my on-going program of Abolitionism / undermining theocratic bullshit, I've joined another social media site.

You open with an excuse and then admit you are cheating on us. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-03-2015, 08:10 AM
(01-03-2015 12:56 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(01-03-2015 12:53 AM)pablo Wrote:  I found it!

[Image: Screenshot_2015-03-01-00-48-44_zpsafrq9y...wl68u.jpeg]

Facepalm who was it the other day complaining of people using 'lol' in everything? Wtf seriously? "Lol this is the year my brother died"

It's one of the most annoying things - LOL, I just just backed the car over grandma.

There's a member here that does it and it makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. LOL, LOL, LOL.

Now watch Muffs start or end everything he posts with LOL - Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
01-03-2015, 08:26 AM
Out here in like CA it's "Like LOL". As in "Like LOL earthquake just like leveled like my house LOL!"
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
01-03-2015, 08:47 AM
(01-03-2015 08:07 AM)Anjele Wrote:  ...
admit you are cheating on us. Dodgy

Isn't an atheist an infidel (unfaithful), by definition? Wink

"Like LOL" don't fret, it's not another atheist site... more of a facebookish type of thing (I assume, given that I've never used facebook).

I'm venturing into the world of the hoi polloi. And, yes, I disinfect myself after each visit.

Big Grin

01-03-2015, 08:51 AM
(01-03-2015 12:10 AM)DLJ Wrote:  As part of my on-going program of Abolitionism / undermining theocratic bullshit, I've joined another social media site.

Recently, I've started using the following message to comment on 'statuses' (is that the right word?) that contain bible / quran quotes or professions of love / obedience to some 'Lord' or other:

Quote:No offence intended... just some friendly advice... by showing that you use faith (rather than an evidence-based epistemology) you are making yourself a target for scammers and crooks on here who seek out gullible people. Please be careful.

Around 50% of the time I get a response. So far, all the responses have been something along the lines of "thnx for yr concern but I can look after myself".

They simple don't see how disparaging I'm being.

Fucking facepalm, or what?

Facepalm

The ability to pickup on wit and sarcasm is a sign of intelligence Big Grin

Not that I am suggesting or implying anything.... Unsure

Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
01-03-2015, 08:55 AM

Recently, I've started using the following message to comment on 'statuses' (is that the right word?) that contain bible / quran quotes or professions of love / obedience to some 'Lord' or other:

Quote:No offence intended... just some friendly advice... by showing that you use faith (rather than an evidence-based epistemology) you are making yourself a target for scammers and crooks on here who seek out gullible people. Please be careful.

Around 50% of the time I get a response. So far, all the responses have been something along the lines of "thnx for yr concern but I can look after myself".

They simple don't see how disparaging I'm being.

Fucking facepalm, or what?

Facepalm

Well, I have the "one true faith" so thanks, but I have all the truth I need and can handle. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
01-03-2015, 08:58 AM
(01-03-2015 08:51 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  ...
The ability to pickup on wit and sarcasm is a sign of intelligence Big Grin

Not that I am suggesting or implying anything.... Unsure

Drooling

So if they respond with "Oi, fucker! Are you trying to be funny?" ... that's a good sign?

On consideration... yes, it probably is.

Yes

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
01-03-2015, 08:59 AM
(01-03-2015 08:55 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ...
Well, I have the "one true faith" so thanks, but I have all the Truth I need and can handle. Weeping

Fixt that fer ya. LOL.

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post