You Have Nothing to Add

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2012, 09:49 PM

You Have Nothing to Add
You know, it dawned on me: If you all aren't going to flat out deny that God exists, you really don't have anything to talk about.

You can say you don't believe God exists, but that doesn't mean anything in terms of whether or not He actually does exist. In other words, who cares what you believe?

The fact is you have no counter-argument. There is no atheist argument, and you all know it. That's why you're so careful to not make the claim "God does not exist."

But unless you make that claim, there's nothing to debate. All you do is end up making ridiculous demands like: "Please show me two peer-reviewed documents that God exists."

A skeptic just needs to go about living his or her life and shut up. They have nothing to add to any conversation about God.
Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2012, 09:52 PM
RE: You Have Nothing to Add
God does not exist.

Feel better?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Erxomai's post
18-02-2012, 09:52 PM
(18-02-2012 09:49 PM)Egor Wrote:  You know, it dawned on me: If you all aren't going to flat out deny that God exists, you really don't have anything to talk about.

You can say you don't believe God exists, but that doesn't mean anything in terms of whether or not He actually does exist. In other words, who cares what you believe?

The fact is you have no counter-argument. There is no atheist argument, and you all know it. That's why you're so careful to not make the claim "God does not exist."

But unless you make that claim, there's nothing to debate. All you do is end up making ridiculous demands like: "Please show me two peer-reviewed documents that God exists."

A skeptic just needs to go about living his or her life and shut up. They have nothing to add to any conversation about God.

Sorry but I'm not really following the logic. Why can't atheists discuss their reasons for atheism while stating 'I don't believe God exists'?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 3 users Like Hughsie's post
18-02-2012, 10:01 PM
(18-02-2012 09:49 PM)Egor Wrote:  If you all aren't going to flat out deny that God exists, you really don't have anything to talk about.

Trinity?

God
God Is
God Is Love

You think I'm kidding? It's zero - one - two - three; the tetragrammaton, kid you not. What is there to talk about? Love is Void, but tao knows this, and he who knows of tao; need not speak louder than a whisper. And no one has to die, or even get upset about it.

Unless you try to tell me of a god greater than Gwyneth Paltrow. That's jihad. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
18-02-2012, 10:02 PM
God doesn't exist, 2nd

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
18-02-2012, 10:04 PM
(18-02-2012 09:52 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(18-02-2012 09:49 PM)Egor Wrote:  You know, it dawned on me: If you all aren't going to flat out deny that God exists, you really don't have anything to talk about.

Sorry but I'm not really following the logic. Why can't atheists discuss their reasons for atheism while stating 'I don't believe God exists'?

More to the point about your logic, why can theists say "I believe God exists?" Where's the proof? Seems to me you're the only one who has nothing to add, except a lot of entertainment.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
18-02-2012, 10:06 PM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2012 10:08 PM by houseofcantor.)
(18-02-2012 10:04 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(18-02-2012 09:52 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

More to the point about your logic, why can theists say "I believe God exists?" Where's the proof? Seems to me you're the only one who has nothing to add, except a lot of entertainment.

...or it would be entertaining if Egor was a better asshole. You know, like KC. Wink
And to whom does Johnny Cantor exist? I gotta file the paperwork in probate next month. Name this. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
18-02-2012, 10:12 PM
You are illogical, Egor.
You are the one making a claim, that is that god exists. The burden of proof is on you.

You have not provided any convincing evidence, so I can justifiably say that I don't believe your claim.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
18-02-2012, 10:13 PM
You're right that I can't know with complete certainty that there's no God, but you're wrong that all I can say is "I don't believe in God."

What I can say, and know, is that belief in God is irrational. Wink
[+] 3 users Like Ben's post
18-02-2012, 10:16 PM
The William Lane Craig argument: "If atheism cannot be proven to be true, then God must exist".

False dichotomy.

The argument is this simple:

Theists make the truth claim that God exist.
A truth claim must be proven by the claimant or it is false.
Theists cannot prove the claim is true, therefore it is false.

Socrates, "I don't know the nature of the gods, but I do know one thing. You don't either."

Now I have nothing to add.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 2 users Like Thomas's post