You Thought the Koch Brothers Were Bad? Turns Out They're Even Worse Than You Thought

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2011, 11:55 AM

You Thought the Koch Brothers Were Bad? Turns Out They're Even Worse Than You Thought
Tea Party and The Right
Charles and David Koch's reach into virtually every aspect of political, economic and physical life on the planet is probably greater than you thought possible.
April 5, 2011 |

[Image: storyimages_1302062393_screenshot2011040...32_310x220]

You knew they were big. You knew they were evil. From the union-busting actions of their minions in Wisconsin and Ohio to their war on health-care reform, to their assault on the environment and their attacks on the science of climatology, Charles and David Koch have earned their place as the focus of progressives' scrutiny in the age of the Tea Party -- the destructive and regressive movement they bankroll. But a new report from the Center for American Progress Action Fund shows that, as bad as you thought the Kochs were, they're actually worse. And their reach into virtually every aspect of political, economic and physical life on the planet is probably greater than you thought possible. (Continues)
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2011, 05:37 PM
RE: You Thought the Koch Brothers Were Bad? Turns Out They're Even Worse Than You Thought
Never even heard of them before.. :/

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2011, 06:34 AM
RE: You Thought the Koch Brothers Were Bad? Turns Out They're Even Worse Than You Thought
(08-04-2011 05:37 PM)Norseman Wrote:  Never even heard of them before.. :/

I'd never heard of the before prior to the Wisconsin union battle. This is exactly how the new kings of corporate America like it! They prefer the anonymity.

Who are the CEOs of the largest oil companies in America? Name the CEOs of the top three banks or largest Wall Street trading houses - all without looking of course...

Silent, opaque, allows them to pull strings of puppet governments to craft legislation and policy that allows them to do as they please. We need a new Teddy Roosevelt that has the balls to take them on. Just saying...

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-04-2011, 02:58 AM
I heard of these bastards the day they bought the plant I was working in from Dupont. One of the union guys shook his head with a grimace and said of all the buyers Dupont could have sold it to, the Koch Brothers were the absolute worst. He wasn't exaggerating. Eight months later I got laid off. In the meantime the work environment turned from one of friendly, cooperative relations between union and management to one of bitter, all-out war. I could have re-applied for my job six months later and probably got it, but I refused to work in such an ugly environment for such asshole-style management. Friends who are still there tell me they've succeeded in pitting the union workers against each other by deliberately playing favourites and rewarding the rats and ass-kissers with the best work assignments and vacation days in an effort to break the union altogether, which was their goal from the start. I'm not making the same money now as I was then, but I'm glad I don't work there anymore. Now that it turns out they're bankrolling the entire Tea Party movement I'm even more sickened by them. These guys have many billions of dollars in personal wealth, yet they gleefully fuck over everyone they can- including their own employees and children with cancer- in an all-out effort to add to their overflowing bank accounts, as if they could possibly need to (especially given their ages). They truly are evil, if such a thing can be said about any human being.

The way to see by Faith, is to shut the eye of Reason. - Ben Franklin
Find all posts by this user