You are God! What will you change?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2015, 10:46 AM
RE: You are God! What will you change?
I'd make CTRL Z work on life events Big Grin

- Talking lions, magic wardrobes, witches with Turkish Delight - GOOD - Muggles, Quidditch and Dark Arts Lessons - BAD -
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2015, 11:16 AM
This raises an interesting question: which is the better universe, one designed, or the one we have? To answer that we might initially think we have to first define what "better" means - e.g. best for homo sapiens (and what does THAT even mean) or best by some other criteria.

But however "better" gets defined, I'm not convinced it's possible to design something "superior" to the outcome of evolutionary process, since both "solve" inadequacies; the only difference is one solution is guided by anticipatory evaluation, the other driven by environmental pressures. Both invoke change, and any change introduces new problems and inadequacies.

So as God I might meddle enough to make unlimited consumption of mint chocolate chip ice cream harmless even to addicts, but at the risk of collapsing the market for DNA engineered mint chocolate flavored broccoli and thereby fail to nudge the general overall nirvana meter off center.

I'll have to refill my bowl here with fresh ice cream and keep thinking ---
17-03-2015, 08:10 PM
World peace.
19-03-2015, 09:52 AM
Hey, if I'm god, I don't have to follow your rules.

I'd send everybody to heaven and keep Earth for myself, accompanied by a few young, pretty women. I'd get rid of everything nasty (cactus, poison oak, biting bugs, etc.). I'd have lots of cats of all sizes from housecats to tigers, and other cool animals. I'd have a beer volcano (thanks, Bobby Henderson) and a chocolate ice cream tree and a pizza bush. I'd have a two-masted sailboat and I'd never get seasick. My wives and I could jump off the boat whenever we liked and walk along the sea floor for as long as we liked. When not on the boat we'd stroll through the mountains and admire the glaciers, which would produce torrents of meltwater without ever shrinking.

Up in heaven all those people would be happy because I'd have eliminated hatred and fear and prejudice and they'd have all the food they want and they'd never get sick or old and they could screw all they like without ever getting pregnant and nobody would lust after anyone who didn't also lust after them and if they were not happy with the gender they were born with they could change it. Why bother just changing five things when you can just make everyone happy and healthy? Like I said, god doesn't have to follow the rules of an internet thread. He's god. Or I am if I'm it.

As for my wives, they'd be happy too, because I'm god, so I can make them happy. It would be a happy world. Who needs suffering? Nobody. We only had suffering before I became god because the previous god enjoyed watching people suffer.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
19-03-2015, 12:42 PM
(16-03-2015 05:48 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  What are you going to change?
I'd definitely try to work out the limits to my powers.

Hopefully I wouldn't know everything already. I do like to explore, discover and learn.

I think I'd go back in time and witness the big bang to see how it all went down.
I'd explore the universe, check out some of the majestic beauty such as the nebulae and other stuff.
I'd explore what it would feel like to fall inside a black hole.
I'd try to experience the strangeness of traveling near the speed of light.

I'd possibly experiment with changing some of the laws of physics and see where that leads.

I would explore many worlds which support life and check out the diversity of life as a result of evolution on separate planets.

I don't think I'd have much concern for what the human species are doing on Earth.

So I guess, my main thing would be to explore rather than to change things, although as I have said, I would find it interesting to understand how changing the laws of physics changes things.