You are stealing gods property!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2014, 02:51 PM
You are stealing gods property!
I was told today that if I do good things as an atheist I am still bad person because I'm a thief. Why?
Because all good things come from god and if I don't acknowledge gods existence I am stealing from him and should be punished for it.
Now this is something I never seen before.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2014, 03:00 PM
RE: You are stealing gods property!
(27-02-2014 02:51 PM)donotwant Wrote:  I was told today that if I do good things as an atheist I am still bad person because I'm a thief. Why?
Because all good things come from god and if I don't acknowledge gods existence I am stealing from him and should be punished for it.

This is similar to when my family told me that I shouldn't be proud of my hard earned accomplishments because doing so took away from the glory of gawd... Yeah, the ball breaking work and hours of dedication had nothing to do with it. It's all thanks to some sky daddy. Facepalm

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
27-02-2014, 03:02 PM
Also amazing that this dude believed in a multiverse and that if I die as an atheist I'm gonna go back in time to have one more chance to become a theist in order to not burn in hell for doing good things.
27-02-2014, 03:02 PM
I always feel that the atheist who does moral things is more moral since they're not sucking up. They have to live up to the best within themselves.
[+] 5 users Like natachan's post
27-02-2014, 03:06 PM
When you see a theist, there's a lesson you must learn, just grab your atheist buddy and remember this song...

Fuck you theist, you can suck my dick, and theist you can't hurt me cos you're just God's bitch..

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
27-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Sounds like a typical Xtian argument.

I don't dislike you, I simply don't care.
27-02-2014, 03:22 PM
Could these people at least make up their minds on whether god created everything or just the good stuff?
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
27-02-2014, 04:39 PM
I though god didn't believed in private property

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
27-02-2014, 04:45 PM
(27-02-2014 02:51 PM)donotwant Wrote:  I was told today that if I do good things as an atheist I am still bad person because I'm a thief. Why?
Rebuttal (from that person's point of view):
ALL things came from God - good AND bad, including evil. So, if you're guilty of anything bad, it's God's own fault. Furthermore, God should be punished for creating all the evil - he even admitted in the Bible to creating it (Isaiah 45:7). Finally, by worshiping this God, the person you were talking to is essentially condoning all that God is - including the evil.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 4 users Like Impulse's post
27-02-2014, 06:50 PM
“When people tell me, ‘God has blessed you with the gift of music’, you’re damn right I get offended. I did not practice hours a day for eighteen years to have my success attributed to a myth.” —Josh Groban

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 6 users Like evenheathen's post