You are stealing gods property!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2014, 07:05 PM
RE: You are stealing gods property!
(27-02-2014 02:51 PM)donotwant Wrote:  I was told today that if I do good things as an atheist I am still bad person because I'm a thief. Why?
Because all good things come from god and if I don't acknowledge gods existence I am stealing from him and should be punished for it.
Now this is something I never seen before.

And when you blow out birthday candles from your cake you're stealing spell work from witches.Blink
[Image: cacklesmiley.gif]

watch whoever said this to you get that reeeeally scary look across their face thinking of all the birthday candles they've blown out in their lives.Sadcryface

No. This doesn't solve your problem. But you can give them one too. Isn't sharing a good thing - therefore from gawd?

check

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
27-02-2014, 07:30 PM
The arguments that people use to defend their beliefs (or attack the beliefs of others) have always baffled me. Your situation is reminiscent of an argument I was subjected to regarding God's creation of sin/capacity to sin. A Christian told me that I was a sinner because I didn't believe in god. I asked, "Then why did your God create me with a capacity for doubt?" In their eyes, God is only responsible for the good stuff, and then their own views of omnipotence go out the window to label humanity with the responsibility for evil. But according to them, EVERYTHING is God's creation. So does that include Hustler magazine, ball-gags, and heroin?
27-02-2014, 08:05 PM
(27-02-2014 02:51 PM)donotwant Wrote:  I was told today that if I do good things as an atheist I am still bad person because I'm a thief. Why?
Because all good things come from god and if I don't acknowledge gods existence I am stealing from him and should be punished for it.

You talk to some of the weirdest people I've ever heard of, and you find new stuff multiple times a day. Do you work at some type of mental asylum attached to a fundamentalist Baptist church?
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
27-02-2014, 11:34 PM
(27-02-2014 03:22 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Could these people at least make up their minds on whether god created everything or just the good stuff?

This guy says that all good stuff come from god including good mans actions. All bad stuff come from man including cancers and earthquakes Laughat
27-02-2014, 11:48 PM

So, P1 is that "All good things come from this mythical sky fairy".

Um, back up -- P1 is "There is this mythical sky fairy".

P2 is "All good things come from this mythical sky fairy"...I suppose...

Um, wait -- how the fuck do you keep getting yourself into this position where nutjobs throw this inane bullshit out at you?

"Lie with dogs, pick up fleas".

.....and bring them back to TTA with you....

Imma gonna start fumigating yo' ass with bullshit repellent every time you log on. So at least you don't track the shit in here when you come in....

Tongue

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
28-02-2014, 01:44 AM
(27-02-2014 02:51 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Because all good things come from god and if I don't acknowledge gods existence I am stealing from him and should be punished for it.
Well too bad because God is always absent to claim his own property Tongue

Its not my fault that God doesn't label his creations.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
28-02-2014, 01:44 PM
(27-02-2014 11:34 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 03:22 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Could these people at least make up their minds on whether god created everything or just the good stuff?

This guy says that all good stuff come from god including good mans actions. All bad stuff come from man including cancers and earthquakes Laughat
Typical theist hypocrisy. If I leave a gun lying on the coffee table, go to another room, and a kid picks it up and shoots someone while I'm gone, are we really going to blame the kid? Consider From a theists viewpoint, God created the environment where bad can happen and so it's at least as much his fault regardless of where the bad stuff directly comes from. I'm referring to "sins" here. Don't even get me started about earthquakes and cancers which he would be completely responsible for. Dodgy

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
28-02-2014, 02:17 PM
I am stealing gods property. Apparently the fucker owns everything so what else am I supposed to do. I've asked him for shit countless times and he never once answered. So fuck 'em. I'm gonna take what I can get. ..Smile
[+] 3 users Like Drunkin Druid's post