You are trapped on a desert island...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2015, 08:59 PM
RE: You are trapped on a desert island...
Luxury item: One of My clarinets.

Survival item: A king-size blanket, which can double as bedding and shelter.

Food item: A live chicken, to generate a supply of eggs.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
27-08-2015, 09:38 PM
Luxury item: The Collected Works of William Shakespeare.

I honestly never get bored of reading his stuff. Hamlet, Macbeth, The Tempest... For brief periods of time why....I wouldn't be trapped on that island at all.

Survival item: An operational M14 rifle and all the various ammunition and maintenance equipment to keep it running for a reasonable time.
As mentioned before I had a rather ....strange education as a child, so I can make a perfectly serviceable knife with two flat rocks. What I don't know is what's the local wildlife like? Do I have to deal with tigers or bears or beartigers or what not? Is their a aggressive indigenous population I might have to deal with? Am I gonna have the strength to hunt down a beartiger or a boar with a knife or spear if I haven't eaten in 12 days? How keen am I on hunting a beartiger with a knife at all?
I'd rather have the M14.

Food item: While this may be skirting the line a tad on "food item" I'd take a water purifier.
All the gear, all the food, all the tools, and all the training are worthless if you get sick from the water and shit yourself to death.Shocking

Lets evolve this a though: You can bring one person with you from TTA to the island. Who do you pick?

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
28-08-2015, 01:59 AM
Nothing....I can handle anything that bitch island can throw at me.
28-08-2015, 06:06 AM
(27-08-2015 09:38 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You can bring one person with you from TTA to the island. Who do you pick?

Chas. He knows a bit of everything. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
28-08-2015, 07:07 AM
(28-08-2015 01:59 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Nothing....I can handle anything that bitch island can throw at me.

So you're dead in the first hour.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
28-08-2015, 07:13 AM
(28-08-2015 07:07 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 01:59 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Nothing....I can handle anything that bitch island can throw at me.

So you're dead in the first minute.

Fixed

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
28-08-2015, 11:05 AM
Who would I choose to be trapped with from TTA? That's a tough one because there are so many talented, intelligent, totally awesome people here Heart

But since it is about survival, I would go with yakherder because he has a ton of survivalist training and he's kinda nuts about it--but in a good way Big Grin (he's also my go-to outdoor advice pm person Thumbsup ).

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
28-08-2015, 11:18 AM
(28-08-2015 07:13 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 07:07 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  So you're dead in the first minute.

Fixed

Pfffft. Heywood Jahblome....."You're forgiven for fixing me"

Snort.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
28-08-2015, 11:22 AM
(28-08-2015 11:05 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Who would I choose to be trapped with from TTA? That's a tough one because there are so many talented, intelligent, totally awesome people here Heart

But since it is about survival, I would go with yakherder because he has a ton of survivalist training and he's kinda nuts about it--but in a good way Big Grin (he's also my go-to outdoor advice pm person Thumbsup ).

I'd pick goodwithoutgod because he's in the navy and could probably hook us up with a ride off the island.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
28-08-2015, 11:27 AM
(28-08-2015 11:05 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Who would I choose to be trapped with from TTA? That's a tough one because there are so many talented, intelligent, totally awesome people here Heart

Jennybee, I think you and I would get along very well together. RocketSurgeon and Yakherder are so damned cute though. But in the end I'd go with Chas. He's calm and collected, unfazed by upheaval.

One thing that might be necessary for my survival (besides chocolate) is sunscreen. My pale Oregon skin can't take the sun. I'd burn like bacon on a grill, go into shock and die.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post