You can be the better/stronger person without atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2014, 08:49 PM
RE: You can be the better/stronger person without atheism
(13-10-2014 07:20 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Fantastic. I'm getting him sending his tripe to my inbox now not just in his mindless threads.

Quote:Now some scientific studies show that people who are atheists and/or went through trauma and depression become more compassionate and caring and become better leaders and such that living a nice happy religious life could never achieve. That they can achieve more great things in life and help more people through their atheism and/or suffering and despair. Although this might hold true for some people, this does not hold true for everyone and is not a proven scientific fact. There are many other scientific studies indicating the opposite and I have every reason to instead believe these scientific studies. These scientific studies show that you can be more happy and do more great things in life as well as help even more people through living a nice happy life with a religious belief. Therefore, I have every reason to instead believe that you can be the better compassionate person and better in other ways as well under the right circumstances through living a nice happy religious life. For example, anyone can be a better compassionate person by changing his/her attitude as well as through other things in life. Another example would be that you can be the more intelligent person and help others suffering through your intelligence by reading and studying up on things. In other words, you do not have to be an atheist and/or suffer in order to be a better/smarter/more creative person with a more worthwhile life. Also, this is something many mental health professionals are unaware of. They think that it is best to face reality. But many of these mental health professionals are unaware of these scientific studies that show you can be the better person and achieve more great things in life through a religious belief. However, there are very few mental health professionals who are aware of these scientific studies.

I noticed you did not link to these studies and I was not surprised by that in the least, given that you are making shit up. Tell me does being an idiot make you happy, or is it just the stuff you make up 'cause your a little cowardly bitch that makes you happy?

Get uppercunted by a polar bear you intellectually vacant moron.
Common sense tells me there are such scientific studies and that you are just going to have to look for them yourself because it will take me too much time to do so.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2014, 08:53 PM
(13-10-2014 08:49 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 07:20 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Fantastic. I'm getting him sending his tripe to my inbox now not just in his mindless threads.

I noticed you did not link to these studies and I was not surprised by that in the least, given that you are making shit up. Tell me does being an idiot make you happy, or is it just the stuff you make up 'cause your a little cowardly bitch that makes you happy?

Common sense tells me there are such scientific studies and that you are just going to have to look for them yourself because it will take me too much time to do so.

So you don't even know yourself. Your're fabricating, that just isn't honest. Not mention all the strawmen..damn forest of them.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 2 users Like grizzlysnake's post
13-10-2014, 09:14 PM
(13-10-2014 01:43 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  The only way happiness can be considered inferior or of lower quality is if you were to have less happiness in life as opposed to having greater happiness through something else in life.

Perhaps, but in a universe where everything is in a state of constant change, how does one compare an existing state to what might have been if one had taken a different path? IMO, there's no way to accurately assess hypothetical paths.

Quote:There are people such as me who absolutely need happiness/comfort through a religious belief due to my worthless life here on Earth since I have no pleasure and also that I will forever be the type of person to reject atheism who instead prefers fantasy and a God with an afterlife of eternal joy with no suffering.

I like fantasy too, but I've never been able to sustain belief in it. In the past I've tried to be religious, but it simply didn't "take" and actually increased My stress level. One size definitely does not fit all, and I feel better and stronger without religion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-10-2014, 11:54 PM

He also sent that to my inbox, which seems a little desperate for attention if you ask me.

You made the claim fuckface, you back it up you lying sack of shit. So lets see, you are : childish, cowardly, delusional, weak, dishonest, a lier, uneducated, illogical, irrational, stupid, arrogant, and now we can add lazy. Hazzah. Geeze you got such a collection going there one more major personality flaw and you get a free 6 inch sub from Subway.

Fucking idiot troll.

"Common sense" HA! How are you even alive?

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
14-10-2014, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2014 12:26 AM by MattMVS7.)
(13-10-2014 02:50 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  There is probably a guy out there who believes he is literally Benjamin Franklin and has conversations with many of the founding fathers on a day to day basis. I'm sure he walks around with a smile on his face.

I'm willing to bet he's happier than you Matt.
I know he's happier than me, but my happiness is based on truth. Playing with my grandson puts a smile on my face like no other. Taking pictures of unique insects that I've never seen before is fascinating. Falling in love, that first, middle and last kiss of the night, along with a hundred more truthful moments make my life one worth remembering.

His life only exists in his mind. The two of you have that in common.

As for what an atheist and/or a suffering person might think such as that facing and knowing the truth of life and striving, helping others, and doing great things in their lives through their atheism and/or suffering is what makes their lives worth remembering more than a religious person, this would be false. Religious people can also have lives well worth remembering through their religious belief and nice happy lives of little suffering and despair just as good as (and even better) than atheists and/or atheists who have much suffering and despair in their lives.

(13-10-2014 09:14 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Perhaps, but in a universe where everything is in a state of constant change, how does one compare an existing state to what might have been if one had taken a different path? IMO, there's no way to accurately assess hypothetical paths.

Although you are right that we are all constantly changing and such, we can still compare because time itself can be split up into individual units. The smallest units of time possible are all units in which we can then make the comparisons if we develop the technology in the future that can make comparisons based on each individual unit of time. So we can compare ourselves to others and also to our former selves as well as to who we would be living a nice happy life of little suffering and despair. For example, we can say that we are the lesser people if we had not as much pleasure in life in comparison to our former selves, in comparison to others, and in comparison to who we would be living a blissful life.

(13-10-2014 11:54 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 08:49 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  Common sense tells me there are such scientific studies and that you are just going to have to look for them yourself because it will take me too much time to do so.

He also sent that to my inbox, which seems a little desperate for attention if you ask me.

You made the claim fuckface, you back it up you lying sack of shit. So lets see, you are : childish, cowardly, delusional, weak, dishonest, a lier, uneducated, illogical, irrational, stupid, arrogant, and now we can add lazy. Hazzah. Geeze you got such a collection going there one more major personality flaw and you get a free 6 inch sub from Subway.

Fucking idiot troll.

"Common sense" HA! How are you even alive?

All of this "nonsense" I am presenting in this topic will eventually become sense to you all. I am desperate to make you see truth from a different angle (one of hedonism that makes happiness a priority over facing and knowing the facts of life and instead living in your own delusional fantasy world with a religious belief). The only thing that is really missing here in order to convince you all is those scientific studies I am unable to find. Now I know that some of you atheists here are on the search for truth in this life, so why not try and find the truth that these scientific studies state in that you really can be better off and more happy with a religious belief? Maybe perhaps an intelligent scientist here or someone else who has knowledge of these scientific studies can present them here in my topic.
14-10-2014, 12:50 AM
(13-10-2014 07:23 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Put him on ignore and he wont be able to spam your inbox.
Better yet, the fucker should be banned. Isn't sending unsolicited PMs a bannable offense?
[+] 1 user Likes DunkleSeele's post
14-10-2014, 12:51 AM

You wouldn't know common sense if it'd slap you in the face with a wet salmon.
[+] 1 user Likes DunkleSeele's post
14-10-2014, 12:51 AM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2014 01:03 AM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(14-10-2014 12:19 AM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  All of this "nonsense" I am presenting in this topic will eventually become sense to you all. I am desperate to make you see truth from a different angle (one of hedonism that makes happiness a priority over facing and knowing the facts of life and instead living in your own delusional fantasy world with a religious belief). The only thing that is really missing here in order to convince you all is those scientific studies I am unable to find. Now I know that some of you atheists here are on the search for truth in this life, so why not try and find the truth that these scientific studies state in that you really can be better off and more happy with a religious belief? Maybe perhaps an intelligent scientist here or someone else who has knowledge of these scientific studies can present them here in my topic.
Oh oh oh! Pick me! Pick me! I did your work for you and guess what...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23360581

Quote: However, the findings varied significantly across countries, with the difference being significant only in the U.K., where spiritual participants were nearly three times more likely to experience an episode of depression than the secular group
Quote:The strength of belief also had an effect, with participants with strong belief having twice the risk of participants with weak belief.
Quote:There was no evidence of religion acting as a buffer to prevent depression after a serious life event.
Quote: Of participants reporting a spiritual understanding of life at baseline, 10.5% had an episode of depression in the following year compared to 10.3% of religious participants and 7.0% of the secular group

....you're fucking wrooooong. It actually makes it WORSE not better. There a scientific study! Who would have thought that your "common sense" approach to mental health of "make shit up lalala" and lying out your ass would not be correct?
Everyone. Literally everyone except you figured that out.

Now is where I'd tell you to fuck off but we all know you are not going to, you will just lie some more and continue on with your trolling. I've seen better people than you in a condom.Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
14-10-2014, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2014 01:43 AM by MattMVS7.)
(14-10-2014 12:51 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 12:19 AM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  All of this "nonsense" I am presenting in this topic will eventually become sense to you all. I am desperate to make you see truth from a different angle (one of hedonism that makes happiness a priority over facing and knowing the facts of life and instead living in your own delusional fantasy world with a religious belief). The only thing that is really missing here in order to convince you all is those scientific studies I am unable to find. Now I know that some of you atheists here are on the search for truth in this life, so why not try and find the truth that these scientific studies state in that you really can be better off and more happy with a religious belief? Maybe perhaps an intelligent scientist here or someone else who has knowledge of these scientific studies can present them here in my topic.
Oh oh oh! Pick me! Pick me! I did your work for you and guess what...

Quote: However, the findings varied significantly across countries, with the difference being significant only in the U.K., where spiritual participants were nearly three times more likely to experience an episode of depression than the secular group
Quote:The strength of belief also had an effect, with participants with strong belief having twice the risk of participants with weak belief.
Quote:There was no evidence of religion acting as a buffer to prevent depression after a serious life event.
Quote: Of participants reporting a spiritual understanding of life at baseline, 10.5% had an episode of depression in the following year compared to 10.3% of religious participants and 7.0% of the secular group

....you're fucking wrooooong. It actually makes it WORSE not better. There a scientific study! Who would have thought that your "common sense" approach to mental health of "make shit up lalala" and laying out your ass would not be correct?

Now is where I'd tell you to fuck off but we all know you are not going to, you will just lie some more and continue on with your trolling. I've seen better people than you in a condom.Drinking Beverage
Having a religious belief might increase your risk of depression due to one of the reasons being is that if you were to no longer have this belief and reality were to hit you in the face, you would be likely to be much more depressed as opposed to having faced and lived with reality to begin with. But there are types of people (such as myself) who just can't cope with reality no matter what and need a religious belief. Also, if there are any other reasons (besides the reason I just stated) as to why having a religious belief would increase your risk for depression, these reasons do not apply to me and do not apply to some other people like me because, as I recall from my past life of being a christian, I was never depressed from my religious belief. Even if there were somehow very few instances in my life in which I was depressed due to my christian belief, these would be very few and very brief moments in my life. Again, even atheists can have much more depression due to their atheism and can even harm themselves/harm others and do even more bad things in their life through their atheist mindset than a religious person would.

Now as for what is stated here in this scientific study:

"There was no evidence of religion acting as a buffer to prevent depression after a serious life event."

I honestly don't see how that is true because there really are such people like me who would have hope and comfort (be less depressed) by looking forward to an afterlife of eternal joy of no suffering despite my own personal serious life event now (which would be my emotional numbness and my depression about my emotional numbness).
14-10-2014, 01:20 AM
(14-10-2014 01:13 AM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 12:51 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Oh oh oh! Pick me! Pick me! I did your work for you and guess what...

....you're fucking wrooooong. It actually makes it WORSE not better. There a scientific study! Who would have thought that your "common sense" approach to mental health of "make shit up lalala" and laying out your ass would not be correct?

Having a religious belief might increase your risk of depression due to one of the reasons being is that if you were to no longer have this belief and reality were to hit you in the face, you would be likely to be much more depressed as opposed to having faced and lived with reality to begin with. But there are types of people (such as myself) who just can't cope with reality no matter what and need a religious belief. As for what is stated here in this scientific study:

"There was no evidence of religion acting as a buffer to prevent depression after a serious life event."

I honestly don't see how that is true because there really are such people like me who would have hope and comfort (be less depressed) by looking forward to an afterlife of eternal joy of no suffering despite my own personal serious life event now (which would be my emotional numbness and my depression about my emotional numbness).
Oh for fuck's sake, stop with the "I'm so depressed" routine. You aren't depressed, you are a spoiled little whiny bitch. You are an insult to all those people who suffer from REAL depression and have REAL problems, you little piece of shit.
[+] 3 users Like DunkleSeele's post