You can be the better/stronger person without atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2014, 01:27 AM
RE: You can be the better/stronger person without atheism
(13-10-2014 02:13 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 01:59 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Dude, seriously, nobody gives a flying fuck about your predicament. You know why? Because you give no reasons for us to care. You don't want our help, you don't want us to dissuade you from your standpoints, you produce ploddingly monotonous monologues that aren't designed to capture a reader's attention, and you don't know how to talk about anything else. Yet you continue to regurgitate the same bullshit over and over again like we're supposed to care about you. What do you want us to do? Collectively pat you on the head for being some poor lost soul who's obsession with the fantastical but commitment to logical principles leaves him with an anhedonia afflicting his ability to cope with daily life?

You've made it clear you don't want any help, you've made it clear you can't be helped. All you're doing is broadcasting while setting the record to repeat. I won't tell you to grow up, I won't tell you to change your beliefs, but I will tell you to get your worthless ass off this board if you have no intention of following our rules or engaging with the community in any meaningful way.
I'm just here to let people know and try to convince them that as long as their atheism makes them less happy in life as opposed to having a religious belief, then they are truly missing out on life. You might be thinking that if some atheists are unable to choose to have religious beliefs and that they will likely to be atheists their entire lives and that, because of this, what I'm saying here about religion making you more happy and having the greater benefit in life does not matter, this would be false. It does matter and I just want to let you know that you are truly missing out on something that you will likely never be able to obtain in life. There is scientific evidence of this. Here, I will point it out to you from a previous reply I made in this topic:

MattMVS7 Wrote:Now here's a very important thing I'm about to say here which is that there is actually scientific evidence to support what I'm saying in this topic. Now some scientific studies show that people who are atheists and/or went through trauma and depression become more compassionate and caring and become better leaders and such that living a nice happy religious life could never achieve. That they can achieve more great things in life and help more people through their atheism and/or suffering and despair. Although this might hold true for some people, this does not hold true for everyone and is not a proven scientific fact. There are many other scientific studies indicating the opposite and I have every reason to instead believe these scientific studies. These scientific studies show that you can be more happy and do more great things in life as well as help even more people through living a nice happy life with a religious belief. Therefore, I have every reason to instead believe that you can be the better compassionate person and better in other ways as well under the right circumstances through living a nice happy religious life. For example, anyone can be a better compassionate person by changing his/her attitude as well as through other things in life. Another example would be that you can be the more intelligent person and help others suffering through your intelligence by reading and studying up on things. In other words, you do not have to be an atheist and/or suffer in order to be a better/smarter/more creative person with a more worthwhile life. Also, this is something many mental health professionals are unaware of. They think that it is best to face reality. But many of these mental health professionals are unaware of these scientific studies that show you can be the better person and achieve more great things in life through a religious belief. However, there are very few mental health professionals who are aware of these scientific studies.

Whut?

Oh my goodness.

Please do me a favor and don't judge my happiness. It's just not your area.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
14-10-2014, 02:00 AM
(14-10-2014 01:20 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 01:13 AM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  *being a whiny bitch*
Oh for fuck's sake, stop with the "I'm so depressed" routine. You aren't depressed, you are a spoiled little whiny bitch. You are an insult to all those people who suffer from REAL depression and have REAL problems, you little piece of shit.

[Image: crying-baby.jpg]

/Thread

Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-10-2014, 03:31 AM
(14-10-2014 01:13 AM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  Having a religious belief might increase your risk of depression due to one of the reasons being is that if you were to no longer have this belief and reality were to hit you in the face, you would be likely to be much more depressed as opposed to having faced and lived with reality to begin with.
No you dumb motherfucker.
The study was not about an increased risk of depression from losing your faith as you imply (dishonestly/stupidly) above. It showed that you are MORE likely to be depressed if you have a religious conviction and that the more strongly you believe that conviction the worse the depression is.
You literally read the study and tried to make it say the exact opposite. Fuck you.

Quote:But there are types of people (such as myself) who just can't cope with reality no matter what and need a religious belief. Also, if there are any other reasons (besides the reason I just stated) as to why having a religious belief would increase your risk for depression, these reasons do not apply to me and do not apply to some other people like me because, as I recall from my past life of being a christian, I was never depressed from my religious belief.
Except you are delusional and are more then happy to lie to maintain your delusion so....ya I don't believe you.

Quote:Again, even atheists can have much more depression due to their atheism and can even harm themselves/harm others and do even more bad things in their life through their atheist mindset than a religious person would.
I want you to actually answer this question in your next reply: Do you or do you not understand that lying, making stuff up, and assertions without any evidence at all do NOT, let me repeat that DO NOT make a thing true? Do you understand this?
I ask this because I show you a scientific study that shows that in fact atheists, secular people, and the non-religious have the LOWEST rates of depression compared to those with religious beliefs. You are literally saying the EXACT opposite of the facts. Exact opposite. The fact that I accused you of having no respect for science months ago keeps me from being surprised.
You. Are. Fucking. Lying.

Here let me simplify this for your simple mind.
You: Atheists are less happy then believers.
Me: No they are not, stop lying.
You: There are scientific studies that prove it.
Me: Which ones?
You: I don't know. I've never heard of any, but I believe there are!Hobo
Me: Here is a study that shows that believers are less happy then non-believers.
You: .......*plugs ears*
You: Atheists are less happy then believers!Hobo

Conclusion: Go fuck a blender. A short blender obviously.Drinking Beverage

Quote:Now as for what is stated here in this scientific study:

"There was no evidence of religion acting as a buffer to prevent depression after a serious life event."

I honestly don't see how that is true...

That is an argument from ignorance. It's also why reality is not dictated by common sense you fucking idiot. The fact is it IS true and the fact you can't understand it is irreverent. You did not study it they did. You are not a scientist they are. You do not have the capacity for rational thought, they do. So guess who is right?
NOT YOU, YOU DUMB CUNT!

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
14-10-2014, 03:57 AM
(13-10-2014 08:49 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  Common sense tells me there are such scientific studies and that you are just going to have to look for them yourself because it will take me too much time to do so.

That single sentence could have saved me three months work during my PhD when I was writing up the literature review.

Of course, I would have then failed.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
14-10-2014, 03:59 AM
(14-10-2014 12:19 AM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  All of this "nonsense" I am presenting in this topic will eventually become sense to you all.

That's not how Stockholm syndrome works.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
14-10-2014, 04:05 AM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2014 04:37 AM by MattMVS7.)
(14-10-2014 03:31 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 01:13 AM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  Having a religious belief might increase your risk of depression due to one of the reasons being is that if you were to no longer have this belief and reality were to hit you in the face, you would be likely to be much more depressed as opposed to having faced and lived with reality to begin with.
No you dumb motherfucker.
The study was not about an increased risk of depression from losing your faith as you imply (dishonestly/stupidly) above. It showed that you are MORE likely to be depressed if you have a religious conviction and that the more strongly you believe that conviction the worse the depression is.
You literally read the study and tried to make it say the exact opposite. Fuck you.

Quote:But there are types of people (such as myself) who just can't cope with reality no matter what and need a religious belief. Also, if there are any other reasons (besides the reason I just stated) as to why having a religious belief would increase your risk for depression, these reasons do not apply to me and do not apply to some other people like me because, as I recall from my past life of being a christian, I was never depressed from my religious belief.
Except you are delusional and are more then happy to lie to maintain your delusion so....ya I don't believe you.

Quote:Again, even atheists can have much more depression due to their atheism and can even harm themselves/harm others and do even more bad things in their life through their atheist mindset than a religious person would.
I want you to actually answer this question in your next reply: Do you or do you not understand that lying, making stuff up, and assertions without any evidence at all do NOT, let me repeat that DO NOT make a thing true? Do you understand this?
I ask this because I show you a scientific study that shows that in fact atheists, secular people, and the non-religious have the LOWEST rates of depression compared to those with religious beliefs. You are literally saying the EXACT opposite of the facts. Exact opposite. The fact that I accused you of having no respect for science months ago keeps me from being surprised.
You. Are. Fucking. Lying.

Here let me simplify this for your simple mind.
You: Atheists are less happy then believers.
Me: No they are not, stop lying.
You: There are scientific studies that prove it.
Me: Which ones?
You: I don't know. I've never heard of any, but I believe there are!Hobo
Me: Here is a study that shows that believers are less happy then non-believers.
You: .......*plugs ears*
You: Atheists are less happy then believers!Hobo

Conclusion: Go fuck a blender. A short blender obviously.Drinking Beverage

Quote:Now as for what is stated here in this scientific study:

"There was no evidence of religion acting as a buffer to prevent depression after a serious life event."

I honestly don't see how that is true...

That is an argument from ignorance. It's also why reality is not dictated by common sense you fucking idiot. The fact is it IS true and the fact you can't understand it is irreverent. You did not study it they did. You are not a scientist they are. You do not have the capacity for rational thought, they do. So guess who is right?
NOT YOU, YOU DUMB CUNT!

I understand that making assertions without evidence does not make it true, but it should at least be considered a definite possibility. Why? Because not everyone is the same and not every single atheist on this planet will benefit more and be more happy/less depressed through their atheism as opposed to a person who is through their religious beliefs. I think that is a scientific fact we can all agree on which is that everyone is different. Again, I know that some atheists do benefit more from their atheism and are more happy/less depressed through their atheism as opposed to some people who are through their religious beliefs. So I am not saying that ALL atheists are less happy/more depressed and benefit less than believers. Therefore, you should not say that ALL atheists will benefit more and be more happy/less depressed through their atheism than religious people.

Now that scientific study does not say for a fact that all atheists on this planet will benefit more and be more happy/less depressed through their atheism as opposed to people who are through their religious beliefs. That scientific study might support the view that, in general, atheists tend to benefit more and are more happy/less depressed through their atheism. But I and others like me are the few exceptions. Also, scientific studies can be flawed sometimes and are not definite proof. I asked for you and others to present the scientific studies that support my point of view, but you have instead presented a scientific study that supports your point of view (although it is a good scientific study). But like I said, based on what I'm saying here, there is definitely the possibility of there being scientific studies that support my point of view and I am asking for you and others to find these scientific studies and present them here.
14-10-2014, 05:33 AM
Sounds like you need to both improve and condense your sales pitch.
(Not to mention get factual information)

Here, maybe this will help you.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/chicceo/2013...tor-pitch/

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
14-10-2014, 05:36 AM
(14-10-2014 04:05 AM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  But like I said, based on what I'm saying here, there is definitely the possibility of there being scientific studies that support my point of view and I am asking for you and others to find these scientific studies and present them here.
No bitch, YOU do your homework and try to find those alleged studies, because it's YOU making these assertions. Or better yet, you go and stuck your head into a wood chipper.
14-10-2014, 05:43 AM
If you really are depressed because of your lack of belief, then just fake it. Go to church, get involved in the theist community and pretend you are the most devout of Christians. I don't see how living a lie would be helpful to you, but oh well.

One thing I would highly recommend is to stay away from forums like this one, you need to imbed yourself in the theist bubble and forget all about this little corner of rationality.

Quit arguing, debating, etc. and take the blue pill....

[Image: 4494showing.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
14-10-2014, 06:00 AM
RE: Staff Log - Bannings, Reports, and Other Actions
Banned MattMVS7 for being a sock of Mozart Link who was banned for posting long, incoherent screeds copy-pasted to multiple sites.

Go figure.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post