You can be the better/stronger person without atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2014, 08:06 PM
RE: You can be the better/stronger person without atheism
(14-10-2014 06:33 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 06:27 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Honestly at this point it's kinda ridiculous. He spams, he sock puppets, he lies blatantly, and the list goes on and on. Why even have rules against it if they are barely enforced?
I don't think there are any rules against talking and debating about atheism (which is what this forum is for in the first place). Also, have you nothing to say and debate against my previous reply to you I just made? If that is the case, then I might as well be declared the winner. I may actually be the loser just in the sense that I have no scientific evidence and studies to back up what I am saying, but I am at least the winner in the sense of debating with pure convincing reason alone.

There is a rule about having more than one account.

And no, you are not a winner. You are a pathetic sock-puppet trying to win converts for your puppet master.

You are dismissed.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Personally I think a decent social life, good food and good beer are more important, and I reject this idea that depression comes from either side of the theism / atheism argument. I have friends at the pub; absolutely no idea what their religious beliefs are, or if they are religious at all, and it doesn't matter; too busy enjoying the cask ale and the steak & chips.

I don't have any stats to back it up, but I don't think in the modern world, at least in more advanced cultures, that religion or the lack thereof really matters for happiness at all.

I am happy where I am now because I'm not bound to any dogmas and I understand science instead of fearing it, but as a christian I was pretty happy because I had a comforting tradition to hold on to and I thought I knew everything. So personally, just my opinion; I don't think it really matters unless other factors are involved. I may have cultural biases on this too because though I was raised as a fundamentalist I was also raised in a very secular country. I think my country's culture had a much bigger impact on me than my parents' religion. So from that position I don't think the atheism / theism thing is so as important to happiness as you make it out to be.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
14-10-2014, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2014 09:13 PM by MattMVS7.)
(14-10-2014 07:37 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Does the fucking moron not understand how ignore works?

Then you have failed this debate and I have won. Do you think that (I'm just using this as an example) in debates between Lawrence Krauss and William Craig, that Lawrence Krauss just became frustrated and gave up? No, they still continued to debate despite the fact that the things William Craig brought up might of been pure nonsense (just like how everything I'm saying in my topic might be pure nonsense). Therefore, consider me William Craig and consider the rest of yourselves Lawrence Krauss. If any of you criticize me, make fun of me, or just tell me to fuck off and just give up on trying to debate with me, then you all are a disgrace to the world of debating. This is a forum where we are all free to speak our minds regarding atheism and religion and I am doing the same. So why criticize me and such over things that this forum was intended for in the first place? Notice how I am not lashing out towards others and such and am all cool and calm in explaining my own personal beliefs in this topic? Well, why aren't any of you returning the favor by choosing to not criticize me and such and instead continue to debate with me like a mature debater would like Lawrence Krauss? I'm thinking this debate might get somewhere and it might even get to the point where I have fully convinced some of you. If not, then at least partially for some people here.
14-10-2014, 09:12 PM
(14-10-2014 09:06 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 07:37 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Does the fucking moron not understand how ignore works?

Then you have failed this debate and I have won. Do you think that (I'm just using this as an example) in debates between Lawrence Krauss and William Craig, that Lawrence Krauss just became frustrated and gave up? No, they still continued to debate despite the fact that the things William Craig brought up might of been pure nonsense. Therefore, consider me William Craig and consider the rest of yourselves Lawrence Krauss. If any of you criticize me, make fun of me, or just tell me to fuck off and just give up on trying to debate with me, then you all are a disgrace to the world of debating. This is a forum where we are all free to speak our minds regarding atheism and religion and I am doing the same. So why criticize me and such over things that this forum was intended for in the first place? Notice how I am not lashing out towards others and such and am all cool and calm in explaining my own personal beliefs in this topic? Well, why aren't any of you returning the favor by choosing to not criticize me and such and instead continue to debate with me like a mature debater would like Lawrence Krauss? I'm thinking this debate might get somewhere and it might even get to the point where I have fully convinced some of you. If not, then at least partially for some people here.

You lost the debate when you could not be fucked to look up a study to support your position and he supplied one that took your position around the the back of the barn and shot it in the head. At this point you have been exposed he has taken his victory lap and has moved on. It would be like if Ken Ham was still at the Nye Ham debate even though it is long over and everyone left.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
14-10-2014, 09:18 PM
(14-10-2014 09:06 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  

Then you have failed this debate and I have won. Do you think that (I'm just using this as an example) in debates between Lawrence Krauss and William Craig, that Lawrence Krauss just became frustrated and gave up? No, they still continued to debate despite the fact that the things William Craig brought up might of been pure nonsense (just like how everything I'm saying in my topic might be pure nonsense). Therefore, consider me William Craig and consider the rest of yourselves Lawrence Krauss. If any of you criticize me, make fun of me, or just tell me to fuck off and just give up on trying to debate with me, then you all are a disgrace to the world of debating. This is a forum where we are all free to speak our minds regarding atheism and religion and I am doing the same. So why criticize me and such over things that this forum was intended for in the first place? Notice how I am not lashing out towards others and such and am all cool and calm in explaining my own personal beliefs in this topic? Well, why aren't any of you returning the favor by choosing to not criticize me and such and instead continue to debate with me like a mature debater would like Lawrence Krauss? I'm thinking this debate might get somewhere and it might even get to the point where I have fully convinced some of you. If not, then at least partially for some people here.

You've both lost when it devolves into shit flinging, but from as far as I can tell reading back you were given stuff to read and you don't seem to have done that yet. Lets not have this turn into bullshit or anything learned at all through the thread might not mean anything. It might be worth refreshing the conversation and starting it again on a civil footing. Go back and read what you were given to and try to consider it.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
[+] 1 user Likes Cetaceaphile's post
14-10-2014, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2014 10:55 PM by MattMVS7.)
(14-10-2014 09:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 09:06 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  Then you have failed this debate and I have won. Do you think that (I'm just using this as an example) in debates between Lawrence Krauss and William Craig, that Lawrence Krauss just became frustrated and gave up? No, they still continued to debate despite the fact that the things William Craig brought up might of been pure nonsense. Therefore, consider me William Craig and consider the rest of yourselves Lawrence Krauss. If any of you criticize me, make fun of me, or just tell me to fuck off and just give up on trying to debate with me, then you all are a disgrace to the world of debating. This is a forum where we are all free to speak our minds regarding atheism and religion and I am doing the same. So why criticize me and such over things that this forum was intended for in the first place? Notice how I am not lashing out towards others and such and am all cool and calm in explaining my own personal beliefs in this topic? Well, why aren't any of you returning the favor by choosing to not criticize me and such and instead continue to debate with me like a mature debater would like Lawrence Krauss? I'm thinking this debate might get somewhere and it might even get to the point where I have fully convinced some of you. If not, then at least partially for some people here.

You lost the debate when you could not be fucked to look up a study to support your position and he supplied one that took your position around the the back of the barn and shot it in the head. At this point you have been exposed he has taken his victory lap and has moved on. It would be like if Ken Ham was still at the Nye Ham debate even though it is long over and everyone left.

The thing is that we should challenge what is typically believed despite scientific studies because studies are not proof. In other words, many of you here believe that there is no greater benefit and/or happiness achieved through religious belief. But I am asking you to challenge that. Scientists and intelligent people are challenging things that are typically believed through science and other things all the time. Also, do you think William Craig had any scientific studies to back up the things he was saying? I don't think so. And yet, Krauss chose to debate against him anyway.
14-10-2014, 09:22 PM
(14-10-2014 09:18 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 09:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You lost the debate when you could not be fucked to look up a study to support your position and he supplied one that took your position around the the back of the barn and shot it in the head. At this point you have been exposed he has taken his victory lap and has moved on. It would be like if Ken Ham was still at the Nye Ham debate even though it is long over and everyone left.

The thing is that we should challenge what is typically believed despite scientific studies because studies are not proof. In other words, many of you here believe that there is no greater benefit and/or more happiness achieved through religious belief. But I am asking you to challenge that. Scientists and intelligent people are challenging things that are typically believed through science and other things all the time. Also, do you think William Craig had any scientific studies to back up the things he was saying? I don't think so. And yet, Krauss chose to debate against him anyway.

I challenged it; it turned out that the quality of the beer was more important than the direction of my isms.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
14-10-2014, 09:29 PM
You've never added anything profound or newly groundbreaking in any of your new formed threads on your same topic of happiness/higher value purposes of happiness of intelligence/more self indulgent nonsense. It's your situation, it doesn't apply to others in some universal way man.

YOU have a belief set.. you seem to say it works for you yet you continue to troll and write incomprehensible monologues; Are you thinking some rare soul who is like you will be benefited? I guess.. that's the best I can get from your agenda. Why you are allowed to continue posting here in post-ban form is unknown to me, and others here it seems, but I think going elsewhere and making a more concise manifesto style book of ideas would be a better path for you.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
14-10-2014, 09:48 PM
I don't understand, dude. Your Mozart Link account hasn't been banned - so why are you creating a sock? I realize your critical thinking skills are pretty much non existent so I'll explain: sock puppeting gets both your Matt account banned AND your Mozart account banned. At least it should - it is in the rules.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
14-10-2014, 10:26 PM
Ultimately, Matt, it will come down to whether you value truth or comfort more.

Personally, I've found comfort to be both overrated and extremely fragile. If I look reality right in the eye, right from the beginning, it's easier to live My life in accordance with reality. I don't get ambushed by inescapable facts that I've chosen to ignore, don't get sidetracked by hoping for unlikely outcomes, and deal with problems before they get too big to deal with. (Oh, and I get plenty of comfort, joy, laughter and beauty, too -- All natural rather than supernatural.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post