You can be the better/stronger person without atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2014, 11:48 PM
RE: You can be the better/stronger person without atheism
Now I feel silly, of course he does not know how ignore works.

(14-10-2014 09:18 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  It might be worth refreshing the conversation and starting it again on a civil footing.

This is the 11th thread he has started on the exact same subject and he never adds anything new or worth while to his posts. The LAST thing we need is to have the conversation start again.

He's a sock and a spammer.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
15-10-2014, 12:35 AM
(14-10-2014 06:33 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  ... but I am at least the winner in the sense of debating with pure convincing reason alone.

[Image: 4739848.gif]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
15-10-2014, 01:01 AM
(14-10-2014 06:33 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  ... but I am at least the winner in the sense of debating with pure convincing reason alone.

[Image: How-i-pretty-much-feel-when-im-turned-do...ly-for.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-10-2014, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2014 01:33 PM by MattMVS7.)
(14-10-2014 11:48 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Now I feel silly, of course he does not know how ignore works.

I mean no offense by saying this, but don't quit on me now you failing piece of shit! We were SO close to the end of this debate and coming to a conclusion once and for all. But you just gone and decided to give up now. Even if it does come to a conclusion such as that these are just my assertions and that I am still convincing no one, then at least I will be aware that this is perhaps the only conclusion that will be reached and that I will not be able to at least somewhat convince anyone based on, what I believe, is very convincing reasons despite lack of scientific evidence (actually, possible scientific evidence that can't be found yet, but is very possible due to my reasons stated here). If this debate were to get to the point where you can no longer find any reasons to argue against me and that they are just unproven assertions, then that would at least make me one step towards being right despite lack of scientific evidence since you can no longer find anymore reasons to argue against me (other than that scientific study you presented which could be flawed and not definite proof).

I think you were the best debater here and put up great arguments. Therefore, do I need to "jump-start" you and make you "work" again by calling you a failing piece of shit?

So here is that important and very convincing argument I wish for you to debate against if you can (which is quoted below):

Quote:First off, I was a christian my entire life and never had any problems or depression as a result of my religious belief. So how is that not evidence/proof right there?

Second, you are also going to have to point out to me the scientific studies that state the reasons why having a religious belief would be likely to increase your risk for depression and why that the stronger your religious faith, the stronger the risk for depression. If you provide me the reasons for that, then I just might be able to find some scientific studies that show religious people who have lived their lives without such reasons applying to them (or at least, a very small amount of these reasons applying to them and not giving them much problems or depression at all). But for now, I am just going to take a guess and say that it would have something to do with your lifestyle/attitude that determines whether you are at risk for depression through a religious belief and also in terms of having problems in your life as a result of your religious belief. But since my attitude and lifestyle were perfect for my christian belief, this is the reason why I think I was never depressed/had no problems from my christian faith and nor would I ever be for my entire life if I were to still have my christian faith.

Even if you were to have a lifestyle and attitude that is not compatible with your religious belief, you can still try and change your lifestyle and attitude in order to achieve the greater benefits that this religious belief might provide for you as opposed to the benefits that you would achieve through atheism. So if that's the case, you might then be asking why can't I just try and change my lifestyle and attitude regarding my atheism? It would be because there are people like me who can't face and cope with reality no matter what and absolutely need a religious belief.
15-10-2014, 10:19 PM
I was not aware there was a debate going on. Looked to me, and continues to do so, that there was one guy making up bullshit, lying, and acting delusional and a collection of people, of varying degrees of commitment, trying to explain to why that's wrong. There was never a debate going as you don't have any arguments that are backed up by ANYTHING substantial. No science, no evidence, no logic, no nothing. Just lies and delusions. This was US trying to educate YOU on how to think like a grown ass person, a thing we clearly failed at.
This was never a debate kid as you don't have a shred of credible line of argument. There is no debate between logical, rational, people who have to do argue on realities terms based on evidence that can be demonstrated and a child who makes up everything, deliberately lies, acts delusional and is unwilling to consider or even supply evidence.
A discussion between myself and a potato is more likely to produce a debate. This was an attempt at education, but you are too stupid to learn. I'm not interested in continuing that foolish task but if you are here is the deal: provide some actual evidence. That can be tested, demonstrated, falsifiable, and is based in reality or fuck right off.

If you don't wanna do that then go right ahead and claim whatever false victories you want because a delusional person believing he delusionally won a debate that was not even happening won't bother me in the slightest. I'm not wasting any more time trying to explain the flaws in your thinking when you don't even think. I feed you enough troll, shoo back under your bridge.

Evidence bitch. Supply it.Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
15-10-2014, 10:32 PM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2014 11:00 PM by MattMVS7.)
(15-10-2014 10:19 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I was not aware there was a debate going on. Looked to me, and continues to do so, that there was one guy making up bullshit, lying, and acting delusional and a collection of people, of varying degrees of commitment, trying to explain to why that's wrong. There was never a debate going as you don't have any arguments that are backed up by ANYTHING substantial. No science, no evidence, no logic, no nothing. Just lies and delusions. This was US trying to educate YOU on how to think like a grown ass person, a thing we clearly failed at.
This was never a debate kid as you don't have a shred of credible line of argument. There is no debate between logical, rational, people who have to do argue on realities terms based on evidence that can be demonstrated and a child who makes up everything, deliberately lies, acts delusional and is unwilling to consider or even supply evidence.
A discussion between myself and a potato is more likely to produce a debate. This was an attempt at education, but you are too stupid to learn. I'm not interested in continuing that foolish task but if you are here is the deal: provide some actual evidence. That can be tested, demonstrated, falsifiable, and is based in reality or fuck right off.

If you don't wanna do that then go right ahead and claim whatever false victories you want because a delusional person believing he delusionally won a debate that was not even happening won't bother me in the slightest. I'm not wasting any more time trying to explain the flaws in your thinking when you don't even think. I feed you enough troll, shoo back under your bridge.

Evidence bitch. Supply it.Drinking Beverage

First off, I am not a kid. I am 26 years old who deeply thinks for himself in terms of challenging typical beliefs in science just like any other intelligent person would. Also, I can't tell if I am still on your ignore list or not and that the reason why you found out this was a debate was not because you read my previous post I just made (due to the fact that you can't read it since I am on your ignore list), it would be because of the fact that you have read someone else's post who has quoted one of my previous posts in this topic explaining that this was a debate.

But if I am no longer on your ignore list and you have actually read the previous post I just made, then go ahead and reply back and say that you have read it or not. But if I am still on your ignore list, then maybe someone else here can quote and reply to both this post and the previous important post I just made so that you will be able to read them. I said that I might be able to provide scientific evidence providing that you now give me scientific evidence that explains why people with religious beliefs are more prone to depression and why the stronger their beliefs, the more prone they are to depression.
15-10-2014, 11:09 PM
(15-10-2014 10:32 PM)The resident whiny bitch AKA RetardLInk Wrote:  ...the previous important post I just made...
You never made any important post, you little spoiled kiddo. You only flooded this and several other boards with the same whiny, retarded, unsubstantiated, cretinous stuff post after post. Does mommy know you're posting on internet forums, bitch?
[+] 1 user Likes DunkleSeele's post
15-10-2014, 11:26 PM
Look kid until you provide actual testable and demonstrable evidence that undermines that study I gave you the only thing you are gonna get outta me is a hearty fuck you bitch because you are not worth feeding any more. You're boring and you lie and I don't have much patience for either. I don't owe you a fucking thing until you pony up with some evidence based in reality and not your underdeveloped mind. I've already provided evidence, which you ignored and debased, so I'm miles ahead of you already.

Oh and seeing as how there was no evidence in your last post.....Fuck you, Bitch!

15-10-2014, 11:32 PM
(15-10-2014 11:26 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Look kid until you provide actual testable and demonstrable evidence that undermines that study I gave you the only thing you are gonna get outta me is a hearty fuck you bitch because you are not worth feeding any more. You're boring and you lie and I don't have much patience for either. I don't owe you a fucking thing until you pony up with some evidence based in reality and not your underdeveloped mind. I've already provided evidence, which you ignored and debased, so I'm miles ahead of you already.

Oh and seeing as how there was no evidence in your last post.....Fuck you, Bitch!
As it turns out, here is something that I think is scientific evidence:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/deat...ous-people
16-10-2014, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2014 12:32 AM by Free Thought.)
(15-10-2014 11:32 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 11:26 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Look kid until you provide actual testable and demonstrable evidence that undermines that study I gave you the only thing you are gonna get outta me is a hearty fuck you bitch because you are not worth feeding any more. You're boring and you lie and I don't have much patience for either. I don't owe you a fucking thing until you pony up with some evidence based in reality and not your underdeveloped mind. I've already provided evidence, which you ignored and debased, so I'm miles ahead of you already.

As it turns out, here is something that I think is scientific evidence:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/deat...ous-people

"Are Religious People Happier Than Non-religious People?" The answer in that article, interesting enough can be neatly rounded up as 'Kinda, but only situationally'.

According to the article, religion and happiness do not necessarily go together, but rather social connectivity and happiness do; religion is just a facilitator of the social connection:
Quote:Diener and Seligman found that statistically controlling for social relationships eliminates the association between religiosity and well-being. In other words, religious people report having more social ties and if you take this into account statistically, religion by itself does not predict happiness.

This increased perception of happiness tends to only apply to religious countries as well:
Quote:Okulicz-Kozaryn found that religion is only associated with greater life satisfaction in countries in which most people are religious. In relatively non-religious nations, religion does not appear to lead to life satisfaction.

I hate to repeat myself but religion is a situational facilitator of social connection: it acts a distinctive group to which the members belong and allows social flow and connection; in-group dynamics are well understood and they are not isolated to religion, being integrated into any group is likely to raise one's sense of happiness.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.