You can be the better/stronger person without atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2014, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2014 10:26 PM by MattMVS7.)
RE: You can be the better/stronger person without atheism
(17-10-2014 06:18 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Value and worth have nothing to do with the level of consciousness a person has.

I can show 100 people the same painting and it will have a different value and worth to all of them.
If the painting in question looks like a Jackson Pollack, some people may give more value to the painting based on who they think the artist is.
Some people will devalue the painting because it looks like something a 5 yr old could have done.

Others will make up shit in their own minds to give the painting a special meaning and increased worth. "This looks like it was painted by an artist who lost his wife in an auto accident and then killed himself to be with her."
Or
"This looks like a painting inspired by god. The colors are magnificent. I don't think a human being could have arranged those colors in such a finely tuned fashion that speaks to me so divinely."

The word subjective comes to mind.

As for value and worth, it is our brains that give value and worth to things and value and worth is something that is defined by how much conscious brain functioning we have since it's, again, our conscious brain functions that generate value and worth in the first place. So in other words, your conscious brain functioning IS value and worth itself. Nothing else has any value or worth by itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2014, 08:08 PM
(17-10-2014 05:51 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(17-10-2014 05:03 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Ie talking on and on minus an audience...
Lol

[Image: 54417dd0f3363.jpeg]

Hence why I have not replied to him yet.

Trust me it's not worth it, your just gonna end up screaming at the Wailing Wall. Trust me I tried for weeks.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
17-10-2014, 11:54 PM
(17-10-2014 06:45 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  
(17-10-2014 06:18 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Value and worth have nothing to do with the level of consciousness a person has.

I can show 100 people the same painting and it will have a different value and worth to all of them.
If the painting in question looks like a Jackson Pollack, some people may give more value to the painting based on who they think the artist is.
Some people will devalue the painting because it looks like something a 5 yr old could have done.

Others will make up shit in their own minds to give the painting a special meaning and increased worth. "This looks like it was painted by an artist who lost his wife in an auto accident and then killed himself to be with her."
Or
"This looks like a painting inspired by god. The colors are magnificent. I don't think a human being could have arranged those colors in such a finely tuned fashion that speaks to me so divinely."

The word subjective comes to mind.

As for value and worth, it is our brains that give value and worth to things and value and worth is something that is defined by how much conscious brain functioning we have since it's, again, our conscious brain functions that generate value and worth in the first place. So in other words, your conscious brain functioning IS value and worth itself. Nothing else has any value or worth by itself.

Is this "conscious brain functioning" similar to living leg lifting ? Because living leg lifting generates wellness and it elevates our spacial being so that we can visually function over the cracks in the harden pathways.

You are putting words together and then defining them to mean whatever shit you're trying to pull out of your ass.

Just stop

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
18-10-2014, 12:06 AM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2014 11:04 AM by MattMVS7.)
(17-10-2014 11:54 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  
(17-10-2014 06:45 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  As for value and worth, it is our brains that give value and worth to things and value and worth is something that is defined by how much conscious brain functioning we have since it's, again, our conscious brain functions that generate value and worth in the first place. So in other words, your conscious brain functioning IS value and worth itself. Nothing else has any value or worth by itself.

Is this "conscious brain functioning" similar to living leg lifting ? Because living leg lifting generates wellness and it elevates our spacial being so that we can visually function over the cracks in the harden pathways.

You are putting words together and then defining them to mean whatever shit you're trying to pull out of your ass.

Just stop

Value and worth are nothing more than labels (words) for our conscious. As a matter of fact, it is a label for all matter and energy in the universe since everything (including our own brains) are made up of quarks, leptons, etc.
18-10-2014, 02:23 AM
(18-10-2014 12:06 AM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  
(17-10-2014 11:54 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Is this "conscious brain functioning" similar to living leg lifting ? Because living leg lifting generates wellness and it elevates our spacial being so that we can visually function over the cracks in the harden pathways.

Just stop

Value and worth are nothing more than labels (words) for our conscious. As a matter of fact, it is a label for all matter and energy in the world since everything (including our own brains) are made up of quarks, leptons, etc.

ehh...what?

Anyone else understand this guy?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
18-10-2014, 02:43 AM
(18-10-2014 02:23 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 12:06 AM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  Value and worth are nothing more than labels (words) for our conscious. As a matter of fact, it is a label for all matter and energy in the world since everything (including our own brains) are made up of quarks, leptons, etc.

ehh...what?

I have a passing knowledge in crazy fucker but I'm not fluent. Your guess is as good as mine.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
18-10-2014, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2014 11:48 AM by MattMVS7.)
(18-10-2014 02:43 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 02:23 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  ehh...what?

I have a passing knowledge in crazy fucker but I'm not fluent. Your guess is as good as mine.

Or, in summary, everything is just matter and motion with no moral meaning whatsoever--just scientific meanings (such as the ones I've just explained about the words "more" and "less").
18-10-2014, 12:07 PM
(18-10-2014 11:43 AM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 02:43 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I have a passing knowledge in crazy fucker but I'm not fluent. Your guess is as good as mine.

Or, in summary, everything is just matter and motion with no moral meaning whatsoever--just scientific meanings (such as the ones I've just explained about the words "more" and "less").

Your statements seem to indicate that you have less conscious brain function than the rest of us.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
18-10-2014, 12:14 PM
(18-10-2014 12:07 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 11:43 AM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  Or, in summary, everything is just matter and motion with no moral meaning whatsoever--just scientific meanings (such as the ones I've just explained about the words "more" and "less").

Your statements seem to indicate that you have less conscious brain function than the rest of us.

Now what is it that creates words and meanings such as value and worth in the first place? It would be nothing more than the leptons, quarks, etc. in our brains. Therefore, this is the same for all other matter and energy since they are all made up of leptons, quarks, etc. as well (so they are value and worth itself since they are leptons, quarks, etc. as well despite the fact that they don't actually create the words "value" and "worth").
18-10-2014, 12:37 PM
(18-10-2014 02:23 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 12:06 AM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  Value and worth are nothing more than labels (words) for our conscious. As a matter of fact, it is a label for all matter and energy in the world since everything (including our own brains) are made up of quarks, leptons, etc.

ehh...what?

No. I dont understand him. In fact, i'd give a pure WORD SALAD rating about 5-10 pages ago.

I learned a long time ago to not put effort into trying to decipher someone who's just randomly stringing words together. Usually they're just being a tease or they're drunk or just fucking crazy and its never worth it. I think they try to sound scientific or book smart.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.