You can be the better/stronger person without atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: You can be the better/stronger person without atheism
RedPanda;603604 Wrote:Ok - have I understood correctly:
You are saying that since value/worth exists in our brains as quarks/leptons we can therefore measure the value/worth of someone by measuring those quarks/leptons.
Yes?

Correct.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2014, 03:01 PM
(18-10-2014 02:10 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  
RedPanda;603604 Wrote:Ok - have I understood correctly:
You are saying that since value/worth exists in our brains as quarks/leptons we can therefore measure the value/worth of someone by measuring those quarks/leptons.
Yes?

Correct.

Do you measure those quarks and leptons by quantity ?
Larger people will have more quarks & leptons.
Blue whales should have tons of value & worth.
Lets not forget the Earth itself. Lots of quarks & leptons there.

I could go on and on and on, but I think I'll finish in much the same way an ex girlfriend of mine finished our relationship by calling you an IDIOT.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
18-10-2014, 03:11 PM
(18-10-2014 03:01 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 02:10 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  Correct.

Do you measure those quarks and leptons by quantity ?

I could go on and on and on, but I think I'll finish in much the same way an ex girlfriend of mine finished our relationship by calling you an IDIOT.

Whatever has the greater conscious functioning would be considered to have the greater amount of value and worth. You can have a vast quantity of leptons and quarks, but if they are all less functioning and all add up to a low amount of functioning compared to a smaller amount of high functioning leptons and quarks that all add up to a high amount of functioning, then the person with lower amount of highly functional leptons and quarks in his/her conscious would be considered the person to have greater value and worth.
18-10-2014, 03:17 PM
(18-10-2014 03:11 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 03:01 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Do you measure those quarks and leptons by quantity ?

Whatever has the greater conscious functioning would be considered to have the greater amount of value and worth. You can have a vast quantity of leptons and quarks, but if they are all less functioning and all add up to a low amount of functioning compared to a smaller amount of high functioning leptons and quarks that all add up to a high amount of functioning, then the person with lower amount of highly functional leptons and quarks in his/her conscious would be considered the person to have greater value and worth.

You are using words that you don't understand.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
18-10-2014, 04:01 PM
(18-10-2014 03:11 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 03:01 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Do you measure those quarks and leptons by quantity ?

That is utterly incoherent and shows you have no understanding of reality. Drinking Beverage

Why are you still here? How about you and dildo97 go off in a corner and jack each other off?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
18-10-2014, 04:08 PM
But since, as I've said there, since value is nothing more than the activity of leptons, quarks, etc., then having less functioning leptons, quarks, etc. in your conscious would make you a lesser person. Since things like value, worth, beauty, etc. are nothing more than the activity of leptons, quarks, etc., then things like value, worth, beauty, etc. are things that can be measured. You would measure it in your own conscious (since your conscious is made up of leptons, quarks, etc.) and you would also measure it in other objects (since these things are made up of leptons, quarks, etc.) as well. The more functional they are, the more of those values I described they have and the less functional they are, the less of those values they have.
18-10-2014, 04:14 PM
(18-10-2014 04:08 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  blah blah blah blah blah some science sounding words I don't actually understand blah blah blah.

Fuck off, bitch!

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
18-10-2014, 04:15 PM
(18-10-2014 04:08 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  But since, as I've said there, since value is nothing more than the activity of leptons, quarks, etc., then having less functioning leptons, quarks, etc. in your conscious would make you a lesser person. Since things like value, worth, beauty, etc. are nothing more than the activity of leptons, quarks, etc., then things like value, worth, beauty, etc. are things that can be measured. You would measure it in your own conscious (since your conscious is made up of leptons, quarks, etc.) and you would also measure it in other objects (since these things are made up of leptons, quarks, etc.) as well. The more functional they are, the more of those values I described they have and the less functional they are, the less of those values they have.

They are all equally functional - you're looking in the wrong place. Google 'emergent properties'.

Go away and read some books.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-10-2014, 04:36 PM
(18-10-2014 04:14 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 04:08 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  blah blah blah blah blah some science sounding words I don't actually understand blah blah blah.

Fuck off, bitch!

First off, go ahead and get rid of any meanings such as value, worth, beauty, etc. and view this life as nothing more than the activity of a bunch of leptons, quarks, etc. because that is what this life is from a scientific point of view which means that these values as well as all other values are also the activity of leptons, quarks, etc. Then from there, if we wanted to measure the function of something (which would be the equivalent to measuring any value we come up with about that object), then we would measure the function of that object in terms of the activity of those leptons, quarks, etc. And, of course, as for measuring the amount of value and worth that has been created in each individual's brain regarding that object, we would then measure the activity of the leptons, quarks, etc. in this person's conscious.
18-10-2014, 06:32 PM
(18-10-2014 04:36 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  I continue to blah blah blah blah even though no one cares what I say or will even engage me because I'm to stupid and dishonest to have a conversation with. However blah blah blah blah blah blah

You realize I'm not even reading what you write, correct? Not even the first sentence.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post