You can't drive if you're gay!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2011, 01:01 PM
You can't drive if you're gay!
An Italian man won't get his driver's license because... he's gay. (full article: dutch)

The authorities of Brindisi (southern Italy) claim he's unfit to drive because they classify homosexuality as a psychiatric disorder.

Is this modern day Europe?

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2011, 01:20 PM

RE: You can't drive if you're gay!
Quote:Is this modern day Europe?
Evidently, it is. Sad
The authorities of Brindisi should be ashamed they look this pathetic now, to the whole world.
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2011, 01:30 PM

Wow. That's almost funny because of how ignorant it is.
12-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Hey now! Driving badly is the right of any gay man, woman (gay or straight), Asian or even legally blind person. At least they're driving badly sober. Drunk driving is the real enemy. I vote to amend this law to: you can't drive if you're drunk.

My gay friends drive very well, and often in nicer cars. Bastards.

For God so loved the world that he arranged for everyone to both have free will and to suffer the terrible consequences of making the wrong choice. Kind of a dick move, God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2011, 08:10 PM
I know Europe is viewed as highly tolerant and progressive in America (at least I think it is) but as someone living in England I can safely say that the Italians are a little behind some of the rest of us. They are more religious as a nation and there is far more intolerance and racism in Italy as far as I can tell. There's a black Italian player (Mario Balotelli) at he football (soccer) team I support and from what I've heard he faced terrible abuse in Italy (not helped by his attitude in all fairness), even as a teenager. When playing for Italy and his former club (Inter Milan) he's been faced with chants such as 'There are no black Italians' and one team in Italy's fans (Juventus) even adopted a racist chant against him as a club chant and were chanting it at random games he wasn't even present at.

These sort of stories show just behind the times Italian society is, as far as I'm concerned, and I'm not overly surprised that a country that is so much more backwards in terms of tolerance (though not education and access to information) when compared to the countries around it just happens to be the World's centre for Christianity.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
13-05-2011, 08:20 AM

(12-05-2011 01:01 PM)Thammuz Wrote:  Is this modern day Europe?

Definitely not. Most likely this is the outcome coming from a redneck village or something. Same situation happens in all Mediterranean countries. Angry

The situation is entirely different in the northern countries. There homophobia is treated as fascism or racism and is seriously frowned upon.
13-05-2011, 09:02 AM
(13-05-2011 08:20 AM)Celestus87 Wrote:  Definitely not. Most likely this is the outcome coming from a redneck village or something. Same situation happens in all Mediterranean countries. Angry

The situation is entirely different in the northern countries. There homophobia is treated as fascism or racism and is seriously frowned upon.

It was a rhetorical question.

13-05-2011, 09:26 AM

(13-05-2011 09:02 AM)Thammuz Wrote:  It was a rhetorical question.

Yeah... sure! Big Grin I knew that! Big Grin I mean... yeah... right! Big Grin

PS. I fail.... -_-
13-05-2011, 10:48 AM
(13-05-2011 09:26 AM)Celestus87 Wrote:  
(13-05-2011 09:02 AM)Thammuz Wrote:  It was a rhetorical question.

Yeah... sure! Big Grin I knew that! Big Grin I mean... yeah... right! Big Grin

PS. I fail.... -_-

Just say you did it to explain the cultural situation to non-Europeans.

...too late Tongue

14-05-2011, 01:51 AM
It's southern Italy, what is so strange? They don't have garbage trucks for years now, because the mafia is controlling the garbage business and they are blackmailing the state. So the whole cities are overrun with garbage. This gay-driving thing is nothing compared to some of these other things. Not every state in Europe deserve to be in Europe. No offense to Italians, but your politicians are horrible.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson