You can't spell 'atheist' without 'theist'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2015, 07:18 AM
You can't spell 'atheist' without 'theist'
The whole identity of people who take on the label of 'atheist' is totally based upon other people and dependent upon the beliefs of the 'theist.'

You can't be an 'atheist' without the 'theist' so why aren't you all grateful to them for giving you guys an identity?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2015, 07:23 AM
RE: You can't spell 'atheist' without 'theist'
My entire identity is not based on my non-belief. Your argument is moot. Then again, from what I've seen, "your argument is moot" describes everything you've ever said. I guess it's your whole identity. Why aren't you grateful to us for giving you an identity?
BTW, you also can't spell "Christian" without "Ian" or "Muslim" without "Slim" or "Mormon" without "Moron". Praise be to Slim Ian, the Moron!

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 5 users Like One Above All's post
18-02-2015, 07:27 AM
(18-02-2015 07:18 AM)Anti Wrote:  The whole identity of people who take on the label of 'atheist' is totally based upon other people and dependent upon the beliefs of the 'theist.'

You can't be an 'atheist' without the 'theist' so why aren't you all grateful to them for giving you guys an identity?

I suppose.

Then again - you can't be an asshole without first being an ass....

Congratulations.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 9 users Like onlinebiker's post
18-02-2015, 07:34 AM
Just asking a simple question. No need to be rude.
[+] 1 user Likes Anti's post
18-02-2015, 07:52 AM
(18-02-2015 07:23 AM)One Above All Wrote:  Praise be to Slim Ian, the Moron!
Great name for an atheist rap artist. (It would be an inside joke)

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
18-02-2015, 07:57 AM
[Image: thfsr7xcge.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
18-02-2015, 08:10 AM
I'll just repeat what's been said so truthfully by One Above All. "My entire identity is not based on my non-belief." Besides being atheist, I'm also a wife, mother, grandmother, sister, friend, crafter, animal lover and the list goes on. I will agree though that without the indoctrination of religion, which seeps into everything, I'd have no need to set myself apart from it.
18-02-2015, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2015 03:16 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(18-02-2015 07:18 AM)Anti Wrote:  The whole identity of people who take on the label of 'atheist' is totally based upon other people and dependent upon the beliefs of the 'theist.'

I have zero idea why this has to be explained to you over and over and over and over. Atheism is the lack of belief in a god. If there was no one around saying there is a god there would be no more theism but I still would not believe in a god and thus still be an atheist.

This is super simple stuff so stop trying to dictate to other people what they belive and how they think because I'm not sure you're cognitively responsible enough to take care of your own brain let alone anyone else's.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 8 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
18-02-2015, 08:24 AM
(18-02-2015 07:18 AM)Anti Wrote:  You can't be an 'atheist' without the 'theist' so why aren't you all grateful to them for giving you guys an identity?

If there were no theists then everybody would be an atheist, we just probably wouldn't label it or spend a lot of time on it.

They haven't given me an identity because being an atheist is only part of who I am. Without that I'd just have more time for other activities. I'm not going to be grateful to people for making me see a need to devote time and energy to countering nonsense that they are trying to infuse into society. I object to theistic beliefs supplanting evidence in things like education and politics and that's worth speaking out against.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
18-02-2015, 08:30 AM
"If there were no theists then everybody would be an atheist, we just probably wouldn't label it or spend a lot of time on it."

How is that possible when one is totally dependent on the other? If 'theist didn't exist then how would and 'atheist' still exist?