You can't spell 'atheist' without 'theist'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2015, 03:56 PM
RE: You can't spell 'atheist' without 'theist'
(18-02-2015 07:18 AM)Anti Wrote:  The whole identity of people who take on the label of 'atheist' is totally based upon other people and dependent upon the beliefs of the 'theist.'

You can't be an 'atheist' without the 'theist' so why aren't you all grateful to them for giving you guys an identity?

So the identity of all patients who are asymptomatic is based on the few that are symptomatic.
Everything asymmetyrical is based of those things that are symmetrical.
Weeping

You could have a universe where very being had become atheistic, and NO beings that were theists. There are millions of different sorts of theists. There is only one kind of atheist.

You are therefore a complete idiot.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-02-2015, 04:05 PM
(18-02-2015 02:51 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Yes, so what?

Many atheists would be glad for there to be a time they live in where the term atheists is entirely pointless because theism is no longer a position held. Plenty don't think that is likely in their lifetime, but they think letting people know that the presence of atheists is growing will help that ideal become reality.

what would be different?
18-02-2015, 04:05 PM
Anti, you are pathetic.
That means I'm apathetic, and I really don't care if you believe that.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
18-02-2015, 04:06 PM
He can't comprehend a scenario where God doesn't exist; he thinks that reality is dependent on God rather than God being a mere idea that depends on people.

It's not worthwhile debating Anti.
18-02-2015, 04:07 PM
(18-02-2015 04:06 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  He can't comprehend a scenario where God doesn't exist; he thinks that reality is dependent on God rather than God being a mere idea that depends on people.

It's not worthwhile debating Anti.
when or where did I ever say anything about a 'god' existing?
18-02-2015, 04:09 PM
I think it's nearly time for the circle jerk to end.

I gots the gift of prophesy. Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-02-2015, 04:11 PM
(18-02-2015 04:05 PM)Anti Wrote:  
(18-02-2015 02:51 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Yes, so what?

Many atheists would be glad for there to be a time they live in where the term atheists is entirely pointless because theism is no longer a position held. Plenty don't think that is likely in their lifetime, but they think letting people know that the presence of atheists is growing will help that ideal become reality.

what would be different?

I don't really care for what my opinion on what would be different. Many people have different ideas and asking in that manner makes it SO Broad I could sit here listing millions of things. So instead I'm not going to bother with it. If you narrowed your question to a coherent point of what you mean by what, I might answer.

Please ask better thought out questions if you have think you have any worthlessness to your discussions.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
18-02-2015, 04:14 PM
(18-02-2015 04:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I think it's nearly time for the circle jerk to end.

I gots the gift of prophesy. Tongue

Don't ya hate it when you get a new chew toy and the squeaker is broken from the get go? Sad
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
18-02-2015, 04:18 PM
(18-02-2015 04:11 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(18-02-2015 04:05 PM)Anti Wrote:  what would be different?

I don't really care for what my opinion on what would be different. Many people have different ideas and asking in that manner makes it SO Broad I could sit here listing millions of things. So instead I'm not going to bother with it. If you narrowed your question to a coherent point of what you mean by what, I might answer.

Please ask better thought out questions if you have think you have any worthlessness to your discussions.

You might not care about your opinion but I do. What do you think would be the biggest couple differences?
18-02-2015, 04:27 PM
(18-02-2015 04:18 PM)Anti Wrote:  
(18-02-2015 04:11 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I don't really care for what my opinion on what would be different. Many people have different ideas and asking in that manner makes it SO Broad I could sit here listing millions of things. So instead I'm not going to bother with it. If you narrowed your question to a coherent point of what you mean by what, I might answer.

You might not care about your opinion but I do. What do you think would be the biggest couple differences?

Well depends on for who and where in the world.

The easy differences would be the term atheist would be more redundant and not used outside of mentioning it's historical social relevance. Kinda perhaps in a way how we speak of how there was a heliocentric-geocentric point of contention.

I think there would be better standards of spreading ideas across the globe and working towards more human focused ways to look at future issues but I think nationalism and cultural ties may still be strong and damaging for violent reasons still without religion.

I have other ideas of what I think may be different but I think they're more hopes than certain expectations. Like religious buildings being used often as public centers for children, sick, etc. Or more interesting media creating using religious studies of all crazy religious ideas investing our comics/vgs/movies in more fun ways than before.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson