You don't need to die.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
20-06-2015, 06:55 PM
RE: You don't need to die.
(20-06-2015 05:44 PM)natachan Wrote:  You can attain a body of "light" if you just believe hard enough? Bull shit.

It has nothing to do with believing hard enough.

Body of light is from practicing Dzogchen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2015, 07:03 PM
(20-06-2015 06:55 PM)enochian Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 05:44 PM)natachan Wrote:  You can attain a body of "light" if you just believe hard enough? Bull shit.

Your gullibility level is epic.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
20-06-2015, 07:10 PM

Prove it!
21-06-2015, 06:08 AM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2015 06:12 AM by TheInquisition.)
(18-06-2015 04:30 PM)enochian Wrote:  Tibetan Buddhists, even today, attain the Dzogchen rainbow body.

A body made of light.

Even Sam Harris is a long time student of Dzogchen. He promotes initiation into Dzogchen in his book "Waking Up" and podcasts. Although I don't think he mentions the rainbow body part.

There is also a lesser form of rainbow body where the corpse shrinks to the size of a dinner plate or completely disappears, leaving behind only the fingernails and hair. This occurs when one doesn't complete the path while alive. So this result is much more common.

You've been pilloried here, I don't find your particular woo as obnoxious or toxic as Christian belief systems, most of us here have come out of Christian belief systems and rejected their claims because of lack of evidence.

If I apply the same standard to your religion, I would use the same criteria -what evidence is there for this?

From the brief introduction I have read on Wikipedia, your religion relies on guidance from a guru to begin this process of Dzogchen.

So when you decided you were going to get out of death by this ritualistic practice, what specific evidence led you to believe this claim? Since this would invariably depend on a guru or guide, what made you think that this guide had it figured out?

Christians replace the guru with a pastor and the bible, at some point we put the same question to these authorities; our guru's, and they fail miserably at providing how reliable the individual or the pastor is in terms of backing their claims with evidence. The pastor and/or the bible makes claims with zero evidence, they will claim divine healing of someone with no medical documentation to back it up. They will claim their prayers to their deity were answered and these answers are always the same as natural coincidence and/or reinterpretation of mundane events. (I found my car keys, therefore god is real)

Do you see why we would reject such claims and why we are rejecting your claims?

If you're going to assert that you can somehow transform your body into a state of pure energy, you would need to demonstrate this scientifically. Some ossuary with fingernails in it is not only unconvincing, it's actually insulting to people's intelligence to think that this nonsense should be taken seriously.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, so how could you demonstrate this conversion process?

You could scrape off a few skin cells and submit it to a reputable lab and convert it to energy while under microscopic observation and then demonstrate this conversion process to multiple, independent labs under controlled conditions.

If you're claiming that entire bodies can undergo this conversion process, then surely a few cells could be converted fairly easy for demonstrating the scientific validity of it.

Once you determine the scientific validity of this conversion process, then you need to establish the causal relation to this conversion process to the ritual of Dzogchen.

What? Is this too much to ask?

Let me ask you a question, since there has never been any such proof offered for any of this - why would you believe it?

Why would any rational person believe this without evidence?

Why did you? HuhHuhHuh

Your guru, all guru's:

[Image: wizard.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
21-06-2015, 06:28 AM

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
21-06-2015, 08:06 AM

Hey, kid!

You have been asked several times now to provide evidence for your assertions, not make new ones, so why don't you do that or shut your yap. No one here is interested in your attempts to use our forum as a soap box to talk about your Saturday morning cartoon beliefs. We care about what can be demonstrated to be true so focus on that so I don't have to come back to this thread and verbally pound you in your root Chakra. Drinking Beverage

Stop saying bullshit and prove it's not bullshit.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
21-06-2015, 08:31 AM
(21-06-2015 08:06 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Stop saying bullshit and prove it's not bullshit.

"And I said look here brother
Who you jiving with that cosmik debris?
Now what kind of a guru are you, anyway?
Look here brother, don't waste your time on me
(don't waste your time")

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
21-06-2015, 09:30 AM
(18-06-2015 04:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Where do we sign up for that whole not dying thing? I must have missed a memo.

yeah! Sign me up for being immortal!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post