You don't need to die.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-06-2015, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2015 09:29 PM by enochian.)
RE: You don't need to die.
Leo,

Bon is mostly 14th century. Way after the introduction of Buddhism into Tibet.

Tibetan Buddhism is mixed with Hinduism, but only because Buddhism was always mixed with Hinduism in India.

Read "Indian Esoteric Buddhism" by Ronald Davidson.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2015, 09:50 PM
(18-06-2015 05:52 PM)enochian Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 05:48 PM)unfogged Wrote:  and you have statistics that show this? Or is this just another wild-ass claim with no substance behind it?

Its my personal experience that most western Tibetan Buddhists are former rationalists and New Atheists.

The conversation should've ended with that weak answer. There's no need for 7 pages of this crap, "personal experience" is worthless. Many people here have already asked for evidence for your claim, so please provide some evidence for your claims.
19-06-2015, 05:30 AM
I don't need to die ? I dunno about that. I really need to lose weight. I already lost 15 pounds. I need to lose 10 more pounds.Thumbsup

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
19-06-2015, 05:34 AM
If you really got that rainbow body and deathless state from the Dalai Lama teaching, I would encourage you to skip that part and read on compassion and non-violence. He is a much more prolific author on these subjects and they would be more useful in your personal life and those of others. Don't take it to wrong, but you kind of sound like a lunatic right now.
19-06-2015, 05:41 AM
"You don't need to die". Wishful thinking if ever I heard it.

Grow up dickhead. We all die.

I had a nice meal to celebrate my coming fight to ward off death. I know though I will ultimately lose.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
19-06-2015, 05:50 AM
It enrages me every time I see shit like this.

Have you ever had a loved one die? Do you realize that you're practically playing with people's pain when you treat death like a fairytale?

I've reached my limits with this one. You're fucked in the head if you think you've found a way to beat death. Try saying that to the billions of people who have died.

Fuck you. Fuck you for trying to sell fake consolation to people who are afraid and people who have lost their loved ones just so you can jerk off to your delusions of grandeur and enlightenment.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 8 users Like undergroundp's post
19-06-2015, 05:53 AM
(19-06-2015 05:50 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  It enrages me every time I see shit like this.

Have you ever had a loved one die? Do you realize that you're practically playing with people's pain when you treat death like a fairytale?

I've reached my limits with this one. You're fucked in the head if you think you've found a way to beat death. Try saying that to the billions of people who have died.

Fuck you. Fuck you for trying to sell fake consolation to people who are afraid and people who have lost their loved ones just so you can jerk off to your delusions of grandeur and enlightenment.

Thank you. Today I was told I am going to die within the year.

Although I plan to prove everyone wrong! Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post
19-06-2015, 06:26 AM
(18-06-2015 04:30 PM)enochian Wrote:  There is also a lesser form of rainbow body where the corpse shrinks to the size of a dinner plate or completely disappears, leaving behind only the fingernails and hair. This occurs when one doesn't complete the path while alive. So this result is much more common.

This type of claim seems like it should be super easy to demonstrate with evidence. Do you have any?
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
19-06-2015, 09:13 AM
There is a slight correction to that statement.

The body shrinks *during* the death process.
19-06-2015, 09:18 AM
(19-06-2015 09:13 AM)enochian Wrote:  There is a slight correction to that statement.

The body shrinks *during* the death process.

Show us your evidence or shut the fuck up. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post