You ever see a beekeeper in action???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2012, 07:06 PM
RE: You ever see a beekeeper in action???
(19-05-2012 07:03 PM)TrulyX Wrote:  Yeah, the guy is definitely taking them, I'm not keeping any bees anytime in the near future. He left them in the box, and it's still in my backyard for right now. He said he wanted to wait until later in the day to pick them up. Not quite sure why, but I assume after dark, all of the bees will stop flying around and return for the night. He did it for free, and he seemed like a really nice guy who cared a lot about bees. So, it's definitely best to let him take them.
Doing it for free makes me suspicious. Maybe this is the guy that is responsible for all the missing bees!!!

Hey Bucky, is that Bee Dance the way you caught your gf/wife/partner?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Doing it for free makes me suspicious. Maybe this is the guy that is responsible for all the missing bees!!!

Hey Bucky, is that Bee Dance the way you caught your gf/wife/partner?

[/quote]

Naw, taking them for free is the norm here. He is a keeper afterall, and the more he has the better. And he did go through trouble coming out to get them. t's good for both parties.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
19-05-2012, 07:21 PM
I have never seen a bee keeper work in real life, only on tv. However I knew a guy who had done it for a few years and he said that you just get so used to getting stung that you barely notice it after a while. He also said that if you do everything just right you will only get stung once or twice. Impressive. My only personal experiences with bees and stingy things has been poor.

I used to do landscaping for a living. One of the first times out for me I was working for my uncle. He sent me to work in this one area by myself. I found two hornet nests underneath some bushes (if you've ever been stung by a hornet you'll understand my pain as I was stung by them about 14 times that day) and a yellow jacket nest, (The difficult part here was they are very aggressive and once stung they all seem to know where you are, I got roughly 9 or ten from them) I was told that no one else had found any nests that year, before then nor after. I was nicknamed swollen member. Not after the band. Thank fucking christ I am not allergic to bees.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
19-05-2012, 07:29 PM
(19-05-2012 07:03 PM)TrulyX Wrote:  He did it for free, and he seemed like a really nice guy who cared a lot about bees. So, it's definitely best to let him take them.
This dude will make a profit from this from the honey he sells.
There is an expression in these parts... No money, no honey!
So you should ask him to pay you.
Btw, this thread is way too serious. No derailment and no jokes. What's happening?
So:
Did he use a buzz saw to cut the tree?

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
19-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Nah, I don't think he's using them for honey. He's trying to fill out his wardrobe.

[Image: article-1104292-02EBBDF8000005DC-111_468x425.jpg]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
19-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Those suit of bees people are disgusting.

On a side note, some of you people are pretty smart, and I'm too lazy to google. Has anyone else been seeing the horrifying piles of ants come out of the ground lately? Like a little ant volcano. I saw them last summer too, and they've been sprouting again recently. I've never seen it before last year. It's sickening and fascinating at the same time, like Erxomai's "secret" closet.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-05-2012, 07:58 PM
(19-05-2012 07:37 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Those suit of bees people are disgusting.

On a side note, some of you people are pretty smart, and I'm too lazy to google. Has anyone else been seeing the horrifying piles of ants come out of the ground lately? Like a little ant volcano. I saw them last summer too, and they've been sprouting again recently. I've never seen it before last year. It's sickening and fascinating at the same time, like Erxomai's "secret" closet.
Please be more specific... how many ants make a "pile"?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
19-05-2012, 08:02 PM
(19-05-2012 07:58 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(19-05-2012 07:37 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Those suit of bees people are disgusting.

Please be more specific... how many ants make a "pile"?
That's their phylum name for a herd of ants. What are you, new?

~Izel
19-05-2012, 08:21 PM
(19-05-2012 08:02 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(19-05-2012 07:58 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Please be more specific... how many ants make a "pile"?
That's their phylum name for a herd of ants. What are you, new?
"herd" or "pile"? Make up your mind.
More proof that biologists can't agree on anything... therefore gods exist!

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
20-05-2012, 12:54 AM
(19-05-2012 07:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  Hey Bucky, is that Bee Dance the way you caught your gf/wife/partner?

Leave my ass outa this. And who says I have one ? Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche