You gotta love Buddhist cosmology

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2014, 04:45 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 07:42 AM by Luminon.)
RE: You gotta love Buddhist cosmology
(30-01-2014 11:55 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  HA! I think I where Mr. Smith from the Matrix must have gotten his inspiration from...Carl Sagan! Listen to this clip and tell me it ain't so.

I don't know about Carl Sagan. But agent Smith should not dabble into biology. He is partially right, we are viruses. But not biological viruses. Each human is a walking computer. And computers as you know are prone to get infected with simple self-replicating spreading programs, called viruses. This results in mass behavior known as expansion under various pretenses, such as capitalism or spreading faith.

When we look at the content of virtual reality of Matrix, what is it? Capitalism. And government. Somebody ain't understood shit here. Or if he understood, then it would be clear that agent Smith is just another virus, just another disease plaguing humanity, with a savior complex as usual.

We are like an airplane, we go forth and accelerate. Our only hope is to accelerate fast enough that we rise above the finite material runway into the realm of boundless air, which allows us to maneuver above the material basis at will. Those who would wish to slow down our acceleration will just make us crash at the end of runway.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2014, 08:35 AM
RE: You gotta love Buddhist cosmology
(05-02-2014 04:45 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 11:55 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  HA! I think I where Mr. Smith from the Matrix must have gotten his inspiration from...Carl Sagan! Listen to this clip and tell me it ain't so.

I don't know about Carl Sagan. But agent Smith should not dabble into biology. He is partially right, we are viruses. But not biological viruses. Each human is a walking computer. And computers as you know are prone to get infected with simple self-replicating spreading programs, called viruses. This results in mass behavior known as expansion under various pretenses, such as capitalism or spreading faith.

Or spouting Deepakesque New Age horseshit:

Quote:We are like an airplane, we go forth and accelerate.

Dodgy

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply