You guys are some of the most stubborn, unyielding, and bitter people I've ever met.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2016, 11:18 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2016 11:47 PM by Celestial_Wonder.)
RE: You guys are some of the most stubborn, unyielding, and bitter people I've ever met.
(01-12-2016 08:54 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 07:53 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I do not consider anyone who fucks with the human race to be part of humanity. I told you, I disown them. They're dead to me, and they died the moment they sold their souls to the dark whims of another or their own selfish desires.

Actually you were the one who brought up Dawkins continuously in a different thread and made me realize you have some kind of hang up about him and that's why I asked you if you love all of humanity does that include him? Obviously not, even though I still don't understand why he's worthy of hate or being "disowned". Do you feel the same about Christopher Hitchers or Stephen Fry?

Why do you say some people are no longer human? What are they? Monsters? They're still human, you see humanity isn't all the great sometimes, it's quite imperfect which is why it's really silly to say "I love humanity!"

This is all so reminiscent of religion really, this whole idea that God will love you unless you sin then you are nothing to him, it doesn't matter if you are burning he will ignore it, that's what you get.

I may not love all of humanity but I acknowledge all of humanity so even if a bad person like a pedophile priest was burning in front of me I would douse them with water and get them to the hospital, then later I would make sure they go to prison, they're still human and worthy of some empathy and I can't just sit there while they suffer.

I'm not the bad person, they are, so yeah being the bigger and better person does mean respecting the life and existence of all humans, even the bad ones. You don't have to love them but just recognize they are human, in the very least. Disowning them and deciding they are not human isn't any better than what Dawkins does when he "spreads hate."

Depends entirely if what Stephen Fry or Hitchens, said and if they are bigoted if their bigotry stems from their own ignorance or if their bigotry stems from something far more nefarious.

Do you know why people like them get in trouble, because of generalizations, saying I love humanity is a generalization because it assumes the bad. However I'd rather assume the bad in a generalization than assume the good.

If I were to say what Stephen said.

"Wonder why. Oh, have a look around the world and see them slaughtering each other, let alone others. So charming to women too …"

That would be a generalization of a horrid kind because it assumes the good and mingles them with the bad. If I said that and people took it at face value and it swayed them just that little bit more that all Muslims were bad, I'd have done a damaging effect on their psyche.

However if I say the same thing about humanity and it swayed them just a little bit more that to believe all people are good, its far less damaging, and they can probably distinguish between me saying that and me saying I hold the same love for those who commit heinous crimes/acts that should be considered crimes.

Far less damaging and more fixable is my generalization than theirs is.

Save the life of a pedophile priest on fire? A man who used his position to deliberately molest/rape young boys (or girls). I respect life Sita, I just respect the lives of the innocent far more than I do the guilty, and so I would wish for the death of the guilty, to protect the innocent. Maybe not by fire.

There is a large difference in spreading intolerance of people based on their religion, and spreading intolerance of people based on their actions against other people. A large difference, and you should not confuse the two.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2016, 01:35 AM
RE: You guys are some of the most stubborn, unyielding, and bitter people I've ever met.
CW's an idiot and insists on proving it every post in this thread. What else is new? Rolleyes

For a guy accusing others of being stubborn and bitter, CW, you've provided mighty little justification for that. I think you're just projecting your bullshit onto others. Get a life.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
02-12-2016, 01:49 AM
You guys are some of the most stubborn, unyielding, and bitter people I've ever met.
(01-12-2016 04:03 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  [...] Clearly you didn't read the part about me disowning people who commit heinous crimes. That also includes a list of people who have betrayed humanity for their own selfish gain, like corrupt politicians, or Richard Dawkins. I hate people who fuck with my species.

LOL... so Richard Dawkins has purportedly "fucked our species"? I think this little gem of wisdom [sic] requires urgent clarification on your part mate.

And I think you need to give up your passive-aggressive style of debate. It makes you look like a loser.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
02-12-2016, 02:48 AM
(02-12-2016 01:49 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 04:03 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  [...] Clearly you didn't read the part about me disowning people who commit heinous crimes. That also includes a list of people who have betrayed humanity for their own selfish gain, like corrupt politicians, or Richard Dawkins. I hate people who fuck with my species.

LOL... so Richard Dawkins has purportedly "fucked our species"? I think this little gem of wisdom [sic] requires urgent clarification on your part mate.

And I think you need to give up your passive-aggressive style of debate. It makes you look like a loser.

What? You don't think the United States government and its allies are capable of little propaganda? Plant the seeds of hatred and you will have a bountiful harvest for war.
02-12-2016, 03:09 AM
(02-12-2016 02:48 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 01:49 AM)SYZ Wrote:  LOL... so Richard Dawkins has purportedly "fucked our species"? I think this little gem of wisdom [sic] requires urgent clarification on your part mate.

What? You don't think the United States government and its allies are capable of little propaganda? Plant the seeds of hatred and you will have a bountiful harvest for war.

Uh... The US government and Richard Dawkins are two different entities. So, what's your beef with Dawkins?

—And kindly refrain from putting words in my mouth. I never said anything about a corrupt, warmongering US government one way or the other.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
02-12-2016, 04:06 AM
(02-12-2016 03:09 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 02:48 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  What? You don't think the United States government and its allies are capable of little propaganda? Plant the seeds of hatred and you will have a bountiful harvest for war.

Uh... The US government and Richard Dawkins are two different entities. So, what's your beef with Dawkins?

—And kindly refrain from putting words in my mouth. I never said anything about a corrupt, warmongering US government one way or the other.

Well what type of orifice do you think they spread their warmongering attitude from?

How exactly do you suppose you're going to keep the commoners of a largely atheistic country like Britain supporting a war in the middle east? Especially now that communism is dead, and now that nations can no longer use racial differences as a tool of propaganda.

What's left?

Richard Dawkins is said orifice. He serves in the capacity of being the gateway drug of hatred and bigotry.

Neil

Dawkins

Hatred does seem to be more profitable, I wonder how much Neil could make if he just cast a few slanders about Islam?
02-12-2016, 05:07 AM
Err, the 'commoners' of the UK pretty much don't, nor have ever supported the war in the middle east.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
02-12-2016, 06:01 AM
(02-12-2016 05:07 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  Err, the 'commoners' of the UK pretty much don't, nor have ever supported the war in the middle east.

Can't take the high road.
02-12-2016, 08:29 AM
So you think the reduction in support from 53% in 2003, to 47% in 2009 is 'evidence' that the UK gov't is using Dawkins as a tool to spread pro-war propaganda to the masses?

Do you realise how insane you sound?

[+] 2 users Like ukatheist's post
02-12-2016, 08:54 AM
(02-12-2016 08:29 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  So you think the reduction in support from 53% in 2003, to 47% in 2009 is 'evidence' that the UK gov't is using Dawkins as a tool to spread pro-war propaganda to the masses?

Do you realise how insane you sound?

As mad as a bag of monkeys mate, totally tonto.