You guys are some of the most stubborn, unyielding, and bitter people I've ever met.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2016, 01:08 PM
You guys are some of the most stubborn, unyielding, and bitter people I've ever met.
(01-12-2016 11:18 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Save the life of a pedophile priest on fire? A man who used his position to deliberately molest/rape young boys (or girls). I respect life Sita, I just respect the lives of the innocent far more than I do the guilty, and so I would wish for the death of the guilty, to protect the innocent. Maybe not by fire.

There is a large difference in spreading intolerance of people based on their religion, and spreading intolerance of people based on their actions against other people. A large difference, and you should not confuse the two.

Ok wait a second, you "respect life"? Yeah I see that, you would gladly stand there while another living being (no matter how bad they are they are still a living human being) burn to death and do nothing? You know that's a crime? It's called "depraved heart" or "depraved indifference" murder, where you could have saved someone but out of a feeling of misplaced justice or contempt or just not giving a fuck you allowed another human being to die which is just as bad as fucking murder and you know murder is bad right?

Which is really worse? Allowing a bad person to die and then really it's merciful since the alternative is far worse. They would go to prison, probably be locked up in solitary confinement where they can only see daylight maybe one hour a day, if they are good and eat terrible food, be forced to think about what they have done and wish for death, they would probably try to kill themselves or starve themselves and they probably believe in God and they're forgiven so when they die they will go to Heaven so it's what they want. It's far worse to let them live and put them in prison where they fucking belong, killing them is too easy, too simple.

You seem very young to me, first of all your out of whack emotions, "I either love you or hate you! There's no in between!" and your whole "death to the bad people!" stance because you know even if a person is really really bad, if you kill them now you are bad, now they've successfully dragged you down to their level. We kind of have to be better than that because guess what happens to a society when they start deciding it's a good thing to kill all the "bad" people? Sure it starts with the killers, the rapists and the pedophiles, than it's the adulterers, the liars and the non-beleivers.

You know how many people out there think it's totally cool and actually right to kill atheists? Way more than you realize I'm sure, it's very slippery slope. You may think pedophiles deserve to die, ok fine, many will agree with you but guess what? We have a thing called a justice system and it's kind of important to have because without it we would devolve in to savages just killing anyone we don't like with no consequences, this isn't the purge universe, killing each other is still bad even if they "deserve" it.

It's funny you are so angry at Dawkins for "spreading hate" when you're doing the exact same thing, you are just now advocating the murders of pedophiles or just standing around while other people murder them, totally ignoring morality, ethics, our fucking justice system where you are innocent until proven guilty and basic human decency. Yeah I don't confuse someone committing crimes and someone else advocating those crimes like you have clearly demonstrated, thanks for the lesson.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like SitaSky's post
02-12-2016, 01:53 PM
RE: You guys are some of the most stubborn, unyielding, and bitter people I've ever met.
(01-12-2016 11:18 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Save the life of a pedophile priest on fire? A man who used his position to deliberately molest/rape young boys (or girls). I respect life Sita, I just respect the lives of the innocent far more than I do the guilty, and so I would wish for the death of the guilty, to protect the innocent. Maybe not by fire.

"Whish for the death of the guilty"? You are ok with death penalty for rapists? You certianly dont mind they die, right (maybe not by fire)? What about someone who is guilty of theft?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
02-12-2016, 02:00 PM
RE: You guys are some of the most stubborn, unyielding, and bitter people I've ever met.
To say nothing of the possibility of wrongful conviction. Hey CW, after you've convicted a guy when he should go free, and you've burned and tortured him and he's dead, and evidence that he was innocent surfaces, what will you do? Or is that just fine and dandy?

Funny how the dickheads who spout the brotherly love horseshit are willing to be the most fucked up bastards if you ask them a few questions.

Immature brat.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
02-12-2016, 02:35 PM
(02-12-2016 02:00 PM)morondog Wrote:  Funny how the dickheads who spout the brotherly love horseshit are willing to be the most fucked up bastards if you ask them a few questions.

I kill you for my Gwynnies. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
02-12-2016, 02:54 PM
(02-12-2016 02:00 PM)morondog Wrote:  To say nothing of the possibility of wrongful conviction. Hey CW, after you've convicted a guy when he should go free, and you've burned and tortured him and he's dead, and evidence that he was innocent surfaces, what will you do? Or is that just fine and dandy?

Funny how the dickheads who spout the brotherly love horseshit are willing to be the most fucked up bastards if you ask them a few questions.

Immature brat.

Brat, indubitably. I'm not so sure about the immature...that implies CW might have the potential for thoughtful growth and learning from experience. He sure hasn't shown that so far.
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
02-12-2016, 05:54 PM
(02-12-2016 01:08 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  Ok wait a second, you "respect life"? Yeah I see that, you would gladly stand there while another living being (no matter how bad they are they are still a living human being) burn to death and do nothing? You know that's a crime? It's called "depraved heart" or "depraved indifference" murder, where you could have saved someone but out of a feeling of misplaced justice or contempt or just not giving a fuck you allowed another human being to die which is just as bad as fucking murder and you know murder is bad right?

Which is really worse? Allowing a bad person to die and then really it's merciful since the alternative is far worse. They would go to prison, probably be locked up in solitary confinement where they can only see daylight maybe one hour a day, if they are good and eat terrible food, be forced to think about what they have done and wish for death, they would probably try to kill themselves or starve themselves and they probably believe in God and they're forgiven so when they die they will go to Heaven so it's what they want. It's far worse to let them live and put them in prison where they fucking belong, killing them is too easy, too simple.

Indeed, letting them live in such conditions would be a worse fate than death. Which is why I choose death, because I believe and apparently so do you, that it is merciful.

Quote:You seem very young to me, first of all your out of whack emotions, "I either love you or hate you! There's no in between!" and your whole "death to the bad people!" stance because you know even if a person is really really bad, if you kill them now you are bad, now they've successfully dragged you down to their level. We kind of have to be better than that because guess what happens to a society when they start deciding it's a good thing to kill all the "bad" people? Sure it starts with the killers, the rapists and the pedophiles, than it's the adulterers, the liars and the non-beleivers.

You say to be better than them but you're the one that wants to lock them up like an animal for the rest of their lives.

Quote:You know how many people out there think it's totally cool and actually
right to kill atheists? Way more than you realize I'm sure, it's very slippery slope.

Perhaps more than I realize but most certainly less than you seem to think.

Quote:You may think pedophiles deserve to die, ok fine, many will agree with you but guess what? We have a thing called a justice system and it's kind of important to have because without it we would devolve in to savages just killing anyone we don't like with no consequences, this isn't the purge universe, killing each other is still bad even if they "deserve" it.

Without the 'justice' system there would be family feuds, and pedophiles would die a most excruciatingly painful death. But the feud system would keep most people in place.

Quote:It's funny you are so angry at Dawkins for "spreading hate" when you're doing the exact same thing, you are just now advocating the murders of pedophiles or just standing around while other people murder them, totally ignoring morality, ethics, our fucking justice system where you are innocent until proven guilty and basic human decency. Yeah I don't confuse someone committing crimes and someone else advocating those crimes like you have clearly demonstrated, thanks for the lesson.

Acting out of self defense is not murder, but you were just advocating for their torture.

You claim that I have a confused sense of justice, yet where I sit it seems that it is you who is confused.

advocating a crime is called incitement, and it was illegal in the UK until 2008 (when it was replaced by encouraging or assisting a crime. So really what I believe Richard Dawkins to be doing, would in fact be considered a crime. Since what Dawkins is essentially doing is hate speech which is itself a crime.
02-12-2016, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2016 07:31 PM by SitaSky.)
(02-12-2016 05:54 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Indeed, letting them live in such conditions would be a worse fate than death. Which is why I choose death, because I believe and apparently so do you, that it is merciful.

A fate worse than death? Well you're still a murderer if you kill them and if you just stand by and let them die so now you're also a criminal and locking them up is not "worse than death". The thought of it may be, that's why I painted it as the worse picture. It's a real punishment, death is easy and not all that scary compared to the alternative which is actually way more humane and ethical in the end since they are still alive and as far as we know there is nothing waiting for them on the other side of death.

Also there's the possibility of killing an innocent person, that's why they go to trial. We're talking about punishment here, killing someone isn't a punishment, it's a murder and it's letting them get away with it.

(02-12-2016 05:54 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  You say to be better than them but you're the one that wants to lock them up like an animal for the rest of their lives.

People can still be of service while being locked up, many prisons have work programs and even education services so no they are not just a locked up animal but yeah, it's still better than killing them, taking their life is a crime and immoral.

A lot of bad people don't care about what they do because they are selfish and they want to free to do what they want. If they die, whatever, but if they can't do what they want, that's bad and good for us. That's scarier to them than dying, that will keep them in line better than death threats.

(02-12-2016 05:54 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Perhaps more than I realize but most certainly less than you seem to think.

Less than I think? How do you know that? Do have the exact numbers for me? The only reason I mentioned that is because it's common for many theists to become inflamed at the very mention of atheism and start talking about kicking them out of the country and just killing them out right, it might not seem like they think that way but give them the chance and they'll take it, just like you would take the chance to going around killing pedophiles.

(02-12-2016 05:54 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Without the 'justice' system there would be family feuds, and pedophiles would die a most excruciatingly painful death. But the feud system would keep most people in place.

The "feud system"? Keep them in place? What the hell are you talking about? Ok if you think that's better then you are now advocating for excruciating painful death over a life of servitude and reflection? Why is that better exactly? Where is the justice? Also, the death penalty doesn't stop anyone from committing crimes, it doesn't work and doesn't keep anyone "in place."

For example, your uncle rapes a little girl, her dad kills your uncle, now your dad kills him, now you feel obligated to kill that guy, etc. Yeah, this "family feud" system sounds great, just perfect. Rolleyes

(02-12-2016 05:54 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Acting out of self defense is not murder, but you were just advocating for their torture.

You claim that I have a confused sense of justice, yet where I sit it seems that it is you who is confused.

advocating a crime is called incitement, and it was illegal in the UK until 2008 (when it was replaced by encouraging or assisting a crime. So really what I believe Richard Dawkins to be doing, would in fact be considered a crime. Since what Dawkins is essentially doing is hate speech which is itself a crime.

Acting out of self defense? When did I say anything about self defense? I was talking about if you knew a pedophile was burning alive I would help them and get them to a hospital (and make sure they are prosecuted) while you would just let them burn, where is the self defense in this scenario?

Do you really think locking someone up in prison isn't right? You think it's better and more fair and humane to just kill them? What kind of system is that exactly? It's the kind of system a child would come up with. I can imagine a little boy "Yeah, just kill all the bad guwys, cuz they're bad and the prisons are not nice and they won't be tweated wight and that's not good. So just kill them, it's nicer."

I get that you think Dawkins is going around inciting violence and spreading ignorance but from his point of view he's trying to educate people on the dangers of religion, he may be passionate and abrasive about it but it's still coming from a good place of concern for other humans.

I really don't think he needs to take moral lessons from someone who wants to destroy all the prisons so we can just kill all the criminals instead, man, you got a lot of growing up to do.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
02-12-2016, 08:03 PM
I want to argue in favor of Celestial Wanderer, but he's an idiot. Angry

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like houseofcantor's post
02-12-2016, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2016 01:00 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(02-12-2016 02:00 PM)morondog Wrote:  To say nothing of the possibility of wrongful conviction. Hey CW, after you've convicted a guy when he should go free, and you've burned and tortured him and he's dead, and evidence that he was innocent surfaces, what will you do? Or is that just fine and dandy?

Immature brat.

Capital Punishment: A Permanent Solution to a Temporary Problem

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
02-12-2016, 11:35 PM
(02-12-2016 10:35 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Capitol Punishment: A Permanent Solution to a Temporary Problem

Is that where you build a monument regarded as the seat of government over the criminal?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post