You guys are some of the most stubborn, unyielding, and bitter people I've ever met.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2016, 12:59 AM
RE: You guys are some of the most stubborn, unyielding, and bitter people I've ever met.
(02-12-2016 11:35 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 10:35 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Capitol Punishment: A Permanent Solution to a Temporary Problem

Is that where you build a monument regarded as the seat of government over the criminal?

Indeed.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2016, 02:53 AM
RE: You guys are some of the most stubborn, unyielding, and bitter people I've ever met.
(02-12-2016 07:26 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  A fate worse than death? Well you're still a murderer if you kill them and if you just stand by and let them die so now you're also a criminal and locking them up is not "worse than death". The thought of it may be, that's why I painted it as the worse picture. It's a real punishment, death is easy and not all that scary compared to the alternative which is actually way more humane and ethical in the end since they are still alive and as far as we know there is nothing waiting for them on the other side of death.

You painted it as the worse picture to try and appeal to the sense of justice that a lot of people equate with punishment. The only problem is I'm not seeking to punish them.

What is waiting for them after death isn't really any of my concern. You say death is easy and not scary but then say that keeping them locked up for the rest of their lives is more humane and ethical. You've already pulled the trigger on that gun that will end their life, it'll just take longer is all and makes you feel better about it.

Quote:Also there's the possibility of killing an innocent person, that's why they go to trial. We're talking about punishment here, killing someone isn't a punishment, it's a murder and it's letting them get away with it.

Glad we're on the same page. I don't want to punish them, I just want to end their existence.

Quote:People can still be of service while being locked up, many prisons have work programs and even education services so no they are not just a locked up animal but yeah, it's still better than killing them, taking their life is a crime and immoral.

Its not societies job to babysit these fellows.

Quote:A lot of bad people don't care about what they do because they are selfish and they want to free to do what they want. If they die, whatever, but if they can't do what they want, that's bad and good for us. That's scarier to them than dying, that will keep them in line better than death threats.

You know what will really keep them in line? Death.

Quote:Less than I think? How do you know that? Do have the exact numbers for me? The only reason I mentioned that is because it's common for many theists to become inflamed at the very mention of atheism and start talking about kicking them out of the country and just killing them out right, it might not seem like they think that way but give them the chance and they'll take it, just like you would take the chance to going around killing pedophiles.

I don't know what type of world you live in, where you seem to think a great many people want to kill each other just because they're different. But it must be a tremendously depressing one.

Quote:The "feud system"? Keep them in place? What the hell are you talking about? Ok if you think that's better then you are now advocating for excruciating painful death over a life of servitude and reflection? Why is that better exactly? Where is the justice? Also, the death penalty doesn't stop anyone from committing crimes, it doesn't work and doesn't keep anyone "in place."

I never said it was better, and indeed a feud could be started where innocents would become the victim of such painful deaths would be much more common. But in the event that there is no justice system, people take justice into their own hands.

Quote:For example, your uncle rapes a little girl, her dad kills your uncle, now your dad kills him, now you feel obligated to kill that guy, etc. Yeah, this "family feud" system sounds great, just perfect. Rolleyes

Never said it was perfect, but honestly my dad probably wouldn't kill the person who killed my uncle.

Quote:Acting out of self defense? When did I say anything about self defense? I was talking about if you knew a pedophile was burning alive I would help them and get them to a hospital (and make sure they are prosecuted) while you would just let them burn, where is the self defense in this scenario?

I never said I'd let them burn. But that does depend entirely on the severity of their crime. I mean, I might let him burn, but since there is almost no way of me knowing how he committed his crime, I'd probably put him out. But if I did know how he committed his crime and if he inflicted a great deal of pain on his victims by say torturing them and then killing them.

I'd most certainly let him burn.

There are some really wicked and sick people out there. And I have no intention of helping them.

Quote:Do you really think locking someone up in prison isn't right? You think it's better and more fair and humane to just kill them? What kind of system is that exactly? It's the kind of system a child would come up with. I can imagine a little boy "Yeah, just kill all the bad guwys, cuz they're bad and the prisons are not nice and they won't be tweated wight and that's not good. So just kill them, it's nicer."

This coming from the person who wants to punish them?

Quote:I get that you think Dawkins is going around inciting violence and spreading ignorance but from his point of view he's trying to educate people on the dangers of religion, he may be passionate and abrasive about it but it's still coming from a good place of concern for other humans.

A good place of concern for other people? more like a profitable endeavor of hatred.

Quote:I really don't think he needs to take moral lessons from someone who wants to destroy all the prisons so we can just kill all the criminals instead, man, you got a lot of growing up to do.

And yet I'm not the one lowering myself here to launch a personal attack.

(02-12-2016 10:35 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Capital Punishment: A Permanent Solution to a Temporary Problem

If they were not a permanent problem, murderer, rapist, and pedophile wouldn't be permanently branded to their names.
03-12-2016, 03:27 AM
You guys are some of the most stubborn, unyielding, and bitter people I've ever met.
(02-12-2016 04:06 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  How exactly do you suppose you're going to keep the commoners of a largely atheistic country like Britain supporting a war in the middle east? Especially now that communism is dead, and now that nations can no longer use racial differences as a tool of propaganda.

What's left?

Richard Dawkins is said orifice. He serves in the capacity of being the gateway drug of hatred and bigotry.

LOL... only a rabid conspiracy theorist could come up with this absurd conclusion!

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
03-12-2016, 03:55 AM
(03-12-2016 03:27 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 04:06 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  How exactly do you suppose you're going to keep the commoners of a largely atheistic country like Britain supporting a war in the middle east? Especially now that communism is dead, and now that nations can no longer use racial differences as a tool of propaganda.

What's left?

Richard Dawkins is said orifice. He serves in the capacity of being the gateway drug of hatred and bigotry.

LOL... only a rabid conspiracy theorist could come up with this absurd conclusion!

I am not rabid i promise! I've had my shots...
03-12-2016, 04:23 AM
Quote:Glad we're on the same page. I don't want to punish them, I just want to end their existence.
Gasp
If ending someones existence is not equal to punishment, then you surely wont mind if your existence is terminated.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post
03-12-2016, 04:55 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2016 10:56 AM by Szuchow.)
(03-12-2016 02:53 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Its not societies job to babysit these fellows.

One day "these fellows" will leave prison. Wouldn't it be better if they were resocialized rather than bitter and full of hate for society that kept them behind bars?

Quote: You know what will really keep them in line? Death.

Citation needed.

There are articles about death penalty as deterrent so you should have no problem supporting your opinion.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
03-12-2016, 05:20 AM
(03-12-2016 04:55 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(03-12-2016 02:53 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Its not societies job to babysit these fellows.

One day "these fellows" will leave prison. Wouldn't it be better if they would be resocialized rather tha bitter and full of hate for society that kept them behind bars?

Quote: You know what will really keep them in line? Death.

Citation needed.

There are articles about death penalty as deterrent so you should have no problem supporting your opinion.

Ha!

Yeah that was great. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
03-12-2016, 05:24 AM
(03-12-2016 02:53 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  What is waiting for them after death isn't really any of my concern. You say death is easy and not scary but then say that keeping them locked up for the rest of their lives is more humane and ethical. You've already pulled the trigger on that gun that will end their life, it'll just take longer is all and makes you feel better about it.

I feel the Bolded words convey a stereotype.

Am I wrong?

Just who, is this you?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
03-12-2016, 05:38 AM
(03-12-2016 04:23 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Gasp
If ending someones existence is not equal to punishment, then you surely wont mind if your existence is terminated.

If I had committed such a terrible crime as described then no, not at all. For people who commit heinous crimes, death is not a punishment, its a safety measure.

(03-12-2016 05:24 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I feel the Bolded words convey a stereotype.

Am I wrong?

Just who, is this you?

Quite wrong, I was quoting what Sita was saying earlier in the conversation.

(03-12-2016 04:55 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  One day "these fellows" will leave prison. Wouldn't it be better if they would be resocialized rather tha bitter and full of hate for society that kept them behind bars?

You can't turn a wolf into a sheep, you can only hide it in sheep's clothing. These fellows will always be a murderer, or a rapist. The fact that such people are let out of prison is perhaps one of the greatest injustices committed against all of humanity.

Quote:Citation needed.

I never said that death served as a deterrent for those still alive, but it will inhibit the murderer or rapist from ever murdering or raping anyone again.
03-12-2016, 07:38 AM
(03-12-2016 05:38 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  These fellows will always be a murderer, or a rapist.

You are an immoral thug. Rainbow Vomit

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse