You guys are some of the most stubborn, unyielding, and bitter people I've ever met.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2016, 09:18 AM
RE: You guys are some of the most stubborn, unyielding, and bitter people I've ever
Please choose from one of the following responses:

1) Thank you Wink
2) We aim to please Evil_monster
3) Coming from you that’s a compliment Girl_nails
4) Maybe it’s you not us Consider
5) So? Knights who say NI!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
29-11-2016, 09:23 AM
RE: You guys are some of the most stubborn, unyielding, and bitter people I've ever met.
(29-11-2016 08:54 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(29-11-2016 08:53 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Yup. I'm an atheist who does yoga.

Like at a spiritual level yoga? I've a keen interest in hindu/indian philosophy but haven't the faintest idea where to start really.

I find yoga spiritual--but not in a religious sense.

Some good books are:

The Yoga Sutras by Patanjali
The Upanishads by Eknath Easwaran
Myths of the Asanas by Alanna Kaivalya
The Bhagavad Gita by Eknath Easwaran

Also take a yoga class, lots of hindu philosophy incorporated into yoga classes. Although, I find this is more the case at a yoga studio v. yoga at a gym.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
29-11-2016, 09:30 AM
RE: You guys are some of the most stubborn, unyielding, and bitter people I've ever met.
That's 99% of the internet. Welcome.
[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
29-11-2016, 09:34 AM
bborn, unyielding, and bitter people I've ever met.
(29-11-2016 09:02 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(29-11-2016 08:59 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  How 'bout I shove my bitter love stick up your lily white ass.

Aw, I love you to good buddy, but I'm speaking purely on a platonic level here.

(29-11-2016 08:56 AM)ImFred Wrote:  It just so happens that I do have the shortcomings you mention. What are you willing to do to help me feel better? In order to change my general outlook I need about $300,000. Seriously. Please help me find God or whatever it is you have. Thanks in advance.

What would you do with the $300,000? Consider

Get out of debt. Get medical care for my wife and myself. Buy a little property. Maybe a cabin to live in and one I could rent out.
29-11-2016, 09:46 AM
Stubborn? about what?

Unyielding? about what?

Bitter? about what?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 7 users Like dancefortwo's post
29-11-2016, 09:51 AM
We see in others what we fear in ourselves.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-...-ourselves

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
29-11-2016, 10:18 AM
So glad we met your expectations. Argue

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post
29-11-2016, 10:46 AM
I don't get what being bitter is. I'm angry about recent events and maybe upset but I'm not bitter. Isn't bitter just inward anger?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
29-11-2016, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2016 10:52 AM by Celestial_Wonder.)
(29-11-2016 09:23 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(29-11-2016 08:54 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Like at a spiritual level yoga? I've a keen interest in hindu/indian philosophy but haven't the faintest idea where to start really.

I find yoga spiritual--but not in a religious sense.

Some good books are:

Also take a yoga class, lots of hindu philosophy incorporated into yoga classes. Although, I find this is more the case at a yoga studio v. yoga at a gym.

Thank you ^-^ I'll give them a gander.

Can't say I'd find a yoga place where I live though, or at least not one of substance. Be surprised if there were really. That and my job keeps me pretty busy and really tired at the end of the day. Tongue

(29-11-2016 10:46 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I don't get what being bitter is. I'm angry about recent events and maybe upset but I'm not bitter. Isn't bitter just inward anger?

Bitter

d (1) : harshly reproachful <bitter complaints> (2) : marked by cynicism and rancor <bitter contempt>

As for bitterness, I used to be extremely bitter, and even now I haven't eradicated this emotion from my conscious thoughts. But I do try my best to control it.
[+] 1 user Likes Celestial_Wonder's post
29-11-2016, 10:47 AM
(29-11-2016 10:46 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(29-11-2016 09:23 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I find yoga spiritual--but not in a religious sense.

Some good books are:

Thank you ^-^ I'll give them a gander.

Can't say I'd find a yoga place where I live though, or at least not one of substance. Be surprised if there were really. That and my job keeps me pretty busy and really tired at the end of the day. Tongue

There are yoga websites like yogaglo that are really good.