You guys are some of the most stubborn, unyielding, and bitter people I've ever met.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2016, 08:29 PM
Reply to Celestial Wonder's Op
Celestial_Wonder Wrote:You guys are some of the most stubborn, unyielding, and bitter people I've ever met.

Thank you for your post Celestial_Wonder. I would have to say that I see things differently, sir. Since I've joined TTA, I have found the community members here to be intelligent, open-minded, thoughtful, kind, and funny. Perhaps our different experiences are the result of the manner in which we have chosen to interact with the community members here?

With that said, I'm sorry that you feel the way that you do, sir. Out of curiosity, did you join TTA looking to confirm pre-existing stereotypes about the atheist community, or did you join with an open mind and willingness to learn from others who think differently? Live long and prosper.

"I'm fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason." Klaatu, from The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Kernel Sohcahtoa's post
29-11-2016, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2016 09:41 PM by Celestial_Wonder.)
RE: You guys are some of the most stubborn, unyielding, and bitter people I've ever met.
(29-11-2016 04:33 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  You still love us? Consider

Umm ok is it that kind of generalized positive feeling kinda love where you just like every person because they are different and can teach you about stuff and even when you disagree it's fine and it's all good and let's all hold hands and sing kumbaya?

That kind of love is why I reject most Gods, if you love everyone, you love no one and if you have no standards for who you "love" than it's just totally meaningless and empty. I can say I "love" atheists but not every single one individually, some of them suck but to say you love a group of strangers who you will maybe never meet real life is just...well it's just nothing, it's empty

If you want to say something nice, than just say it but throwing out an insult that we are stubborn and bitter but then sprinkle some sugary bullshit on it wont' change the insults, it's still bullying behavior and it's not funny either but what do I know I'm just a silly, stubborn, bitter yet still lovable jerk right? Rolleyes

If you do not think of yourself as bitter, then I couldn't have possibly have been talking about you as far as bitterness goes. Nor the stubbornness. The bitterness, comes from when I had just joined here, many people mistook me for a Christian, and many people treated me as such. It wasn't very nice at all.

Stubbornness, I once said that people had faith in science faith as in trust, that took 20 pages to sort out. Stubborn indeed, and stubborn isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Unyielding. Basically the same as stubborn Wink

Despite these difficulties, that were overcome, you are all still a part of humanity, and I love all of humanity. Therefore I love you, even though yes likely we will never meet. I don't want anything bad to happen to you guys. Because we're all just being human at the end of the day.

Heart

(29-11-2016 08:29 PM)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote:  Thank you for your post Celestial_Wonder. I would have to say that I see things differently, sir. Since I've joined TTA, I have found the community members here to be intelligent, open-minded, thoughtful, kind, and funny. Perhaps our different experiences are the result of the manner in which we have chosen to interact with the community members here?

With that said, I'm sorry that you feel the way that you do, sir. Out of curiosity, did you join TTA looking to confirm pre-existing stereotypes about the atheist community, or did you join with an open mind and willingness to learn from others who think differently? Live long and prosper.

I came here to best find out how to associate with others on an intellectual level. I found kindness is the most effective and powerful force. And I apologize to anyone who took this as an insult, I didn't mean for it to come out as such.

(29-11-2016 06:08 PM)skyking Wrote:  stubborn and unyielding are compliments when applied in the face of unsubstantiated bull crap. RIGHT IN THE FACE! Smile
Bitter? Pure projection on your part. Lighten up Francis, we do all the time.

If you're not bitter I wasn't talking about you Wink I mean this was a pretty big generalization that wasn't meant to be taken very seriously.
29-11-2016, 09:42 PM
RE: You guys are some of the most stubborn, unyielding, and bitter people I've ever met.
CW, you forgot "apathetic." Smile
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
29-11-2016, 09:45 PM
Fucking guy... Dodgy

Whadda want? Angry

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
29-11-2016, 09:54 PM
(29-11-2016 09:42 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  CW, you forgot "apathetic." Smile

Only if you want to be~! Wink

(29-11-2016 09:45 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Fucking guy... Dodgy

Whadda want? Angry

I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle.
29-11-2016, 09:55 PM
(29-11-2016 11:11 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-11-2016 09:02 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Aw, I love you to good buddy, but I'm speaking purely on a platonic level here.

Plato was a fag.

FLAG, Bitch!

[Image: c8ba85f85f93e735e8935ac69bb5526b.jpg]

Tongue

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
29-11-2016, 10:01 PM
(29-11-2016 09:55 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(29-11-2016 11:11 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Plato was a fag.

FLAG, Bitch!

Tongue

Um..........dyslexic problems abound.

[Image: 1165.jpg?v=1431030218]

[Image: latest?cb=20160508181312]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
29-11-2016, 10:02 PM
(29-11-2016 09:55 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(29-11-2016 11:11 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Plato was a fag.

FLAG, Bitch!

Tongue

That was a bit of a stretch so I'm going to stretch it even more! Big Grin

[Image: 58051958090df1e37d1b825d62c44ccc1a759ebc...f66c36.jpg]
30-11-2016, 06:26 AM
(29-11-2016 10:01 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Um..........dyslexic problems abound.

Derp! Hobo

[Image: Play-To_200.jpg]

PlayDoh Shy

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
30-11-2016, 06:53 AM
(29-11-2016 09:32 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  The bitterness, comes from when I had just joined here, many people mistook me for a Christian, and many people treated me as such. It wasn't very nice at all.

You seem bitter about your treatment. aaww that's so cute.
[Image: headpat_zpshepul7lu.gif]

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post