You guys feel like a family to me.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2016, 11:02 AM
You guys feel like a family to me.
So I was having doubts with my faith, and I asked Facebook what I should do and they were messaging me threats as well as calling me names. I was asking an honest question about Christianity, I wasn't trying to be rude. So I deleted my Facebook.

But here I can ask legitimate questions and get legitimate answers. Not BS answers like, "God can stone people for picking up sticks because he said so." I may not know you personally, but I want to thank you for helping me out. It means a lot that I'm not crazy or broken for questioning my faith.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like MatureMcLeod95's post
13-05-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: You guys feel like a family to me.
That's true...and great. And I'm sure we can help and be supportive. But...who are you? Tongue. Have you been "lurking" for a long time?

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
13-05-2016, 11:11 AM
I usually control my emotions very well, I try not to be a troll. My actions have consequences.
[+] 1 user Likes MatureMcLeod95's post
13-05-2016, 11:17 AM
(13-05-2016 11:02 AM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  So I was having doubts with my faith, and I asked Facebook what I should do and they were messaging me threats as well as calling me names. I was asking an honest question about Christianity, I wasn't trying to be rude. So I deleted my Facebook.

But here I can ask legitimate questions and get legitimate answers. Not BS answers like, "God can stone people for picking up sticks because he said so." I may not know you personally, but I want to thank you for helping me out. It means a lot that I'm not crazy or broken for questioning my faith.

Hug
I am happy to be here too.

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel
13-05-2016, 11:20 AM
"God can stone people for picking up sticks because he said so." <-- Confused Did someone actually say that to you?
If so, can you be certain they haven't suffered brain trauma at some point in their life? Dodgy

Their loss. It's good you can hang around in a community where you can get what you need. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
13-05-2016, 11:26 AM
Sorry you got such a negative response on Facebook. Sad People are often idiots on social media.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-05-2016, 11:30 AM
I'm glad to be here now.
[+] 1 user Likes MatureMcLeod95's post
13-05-2016, 11:34 AM
(13-05-2016 11:02 AM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  So I was having doubts with my faith, and I asked Facebook what I should do and they were messaging me threats as well as calling me names. I was asking an honest question about Christianity, I wasn't trying to be rude. So I deleted my Facebook.

You are welcome here anytime.

It is like a family here. Sometimes it's like a soap opera too. Laugh out load You follow forum members along and read how they've learned new things or changed their lives or found a new relationship. We've seen people fall in love, divorce, become a theist (I think one poster did that) become an atheist, rebuild their lives, come out as gay, graduate from college, get a new job, have money problems, sell their house, buy a new one, survive horrible weather, survive illnesses, break their ankle (me), and all kinds of stuff. It's an epic forum. EPIC I tell you!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
13-05-2016, 11:41 AM
Wow, that seems like a lot of good things on this site. Also, I love listening to Seth Andrew's Podcasts. One of his podcasts "The Bloody Bible" and the Skeptic's Annotated Bible is what made me an atheist. I love his other podcasts as well, but that one in particular points out the immoral quotes in Christianity
13-05-2016, 11:43 AM
I usually go on how internet people can't be a family, but this would be an exception. I say this because everyone here argues with each other a lot and jokes around a lot.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post