You guys feel like a family to me.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2016, 11:58 AM
RE: You guys feel like a family to me.
(13-05-2016 11:43 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I usually go on how internet people can't be a family, but this would be an exception. I say this because everyone here argues with each other a lot and jokes around a lot.

We do not! Dodgy

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
13-05-2016, 12:01 PM
It's definitely a family, a big one with people scattered all over. We often disagree with each other, we're often dysfunctional, but when the shit hits the fan we support each other unconditionally. It's also addictive because we laugh a lot, there is a lot of wit here, and there is a lot of knowledge of all sorts to be gleaned here.

It's like a magazine or newspaper, published daily, on a variety of topics that keep changing and the writers are all part of our family. We all make TTA what it is.

Drinking Beverage

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
13-05-2016, 12:10 PM
(13-05-2016 11:58 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 11:43 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I usually go on how internet people can't be a family, but this would be an exception. I say this because everyone here argues with each other a lot and jokes around a lot.

We do not! Dodgy

^You and I both know this is where the shit begins Big Grin

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
13-05-2016, 12:28 PM
Question everything and be VERY cautious about any group or community who feels threatened by that impulse. Whether you ultimately choose to remain in your faith or not is up to you, but remaining tied to any congregation or philosophy that fears questions, embraces intimidation, and values "blind faith" should raise some red flags for you that they are trying to maintain an untenable position.
13-05-2016, 01:51 PM
You are welcome! This site, Atheist Forums, two woodworking sites and two automotive sites I frequent are about on par for the quality of the people (except we get away with lots of cussing here). I haven't branched out all that much to other atheist sites, I don't have that much time, even though I am retired.
13-05-2016, 06:32 PM
Here have a hug. Hug
13-05-2016, 06:48 PM
(13-05-2016 12:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  It's definitely a family, a big one with people scattered all over. We often disagree with each other, we're often dysfunctional, but when the shit hits the fan we support each other unconditionally. It's also addictive because we laugh a lot, there is a lot of wit here, and there is a lot of knowledge of all sorts to be gleaned here.

It's like a magazine or newspaper, published daily, on a variety of topics that keep changing and the writers are all part of our family. We all make TTA what it is.

Drinking Beverage

Yeah, we put the fun in dysfunctional. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post