You guys seriously don't have this stuff?!?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2013, 07:13 PM
RE: You guys seriously don't have this stuff?!?!
(24-05-2013 06:24 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  WHAT IS #17 AND HOW DO I GET SOME???

Like literally every English chippy sells chips and curry sauce.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2013, 07:17 PM
(24-05-2013 07:11 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  #4: Comedy Central swears after 9 pm. South Park, mostly. South Park knows how to get away with "fucks", too. Last night a character pretended to have tourette's, so it was uncensored. I guess it would have been in poor form to censor a disability. Very clever. Thumbsup

Yeah but we have unrestricted swearing after 9. We don't have to pull someone stunt to get away with it one time. I still can't believe you censor Gordon Ramsey. I've seen the American broadcast of his shows and it's just one long beep.

(24-05-2013 07:11 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  #8: Doesn't stop anyone, so I see little point in making it "legal".

That's an even bigger reason to make it legal.

(24-05-2013 07:11 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  #10: Depends on where you live. I can buy beer all night long. Right there in the gas (petrol) station, too!

We have it everywhere.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
24-05-2013, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2013 07:57 PM by Peanut.)
(24-05-2013 05:45 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  29 Things The U.K. Does That The U.S. Needs To Start Doing

"Imagine a world where you can chug a beer on the subway, sip a cider on the street, or knock back a bottle of merlot in the park. That magical kingdom exists, you guys. The United Kingdom."

Those three sentences were AWESOME Drinking Beverage

But number 17 looks disgusting Confused

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
24-05-2013, 07:51 PM
(24-05-2013 07:17 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(24-05-2013 07:11 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  #4: Comedy Central swears after 9 pm. South Park, mostly. South Park knows how to get away with "fucks", too. Last night a character pretended to have tourette's, so it was uncensored. I guess it would have been in poor form to censor a disability. Very clever. Thumbsup

Yeah but we have unrestricted swearing after 9. We don't have to pull someone stunt to get away with it one time. I still can't believe you censor Gordon Ramsey. I've seen the American broadcast of his shows and it's just one long beep.

(24-05-2013 07:11 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  #8: Doesn't stop anyone, so I see little point in making it "legal".

That's an even bigger reason to make it legal.

(24-05-2013 07:11 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  #10: Depends on where you live. I can buy beer all night long. Right there in the gas (petrol) station, too!

We have it everywhere.

"That's an even bigger reason to make it legal."

For the sake of a technicality, perhaps. But other than that, there's little reason.

"We have it everywhere."

Yes, but the point is we do have it. It doesn't belong on a "should start doing" list.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-05-2013, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2013 09:08 PM by Full Circle.)
(24-05-2013 05:45 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  29 Things The U.K. Does That The U.S. Needs To Start Doing

#2 and #29 those two guys cancel each other out, net loss.

#3, 5, 7, 17 food - can't compare to peanut butter sandwiches with bananas a la Elvis, southern BBQ pulled pork with cole slaw on top or anything from a NY deli Drooling

#1, 8, 10, 12 - Alcohol - I think we have more alcoholics than you have population

#4, 9, 11 Sex - Yeah, we're prudes Weeping but when I want to see that kind of thing I just take a stroll down South Beach in Miami, its live there everyday of the year and that trumps #21

#27 Free museums - Go to DC and try to see all the museums there, hall by hall, in a week. I don't think it can be done and it's all free.

#15, 20, 23 Castles, lovely British accents and Charlie Darwin on a bank note...Thumbsup

#26 Monty Python - you realize we even have a Broadway Musical take on his stuff don't you?

#14 , 25 - You can't go around criticizing how we write dates or our coin currency denominations when you guys measure distances in miles, weights in stones, beer in pints, wine in milliliters, precious metals in troy ounces, foodstuff in kilos, and fuel in imperial gallons, whatever the fuck that is, maybe it has a crown for a cap. Big Grin

#16, 18 - Cheese rolling and donkey rides - we have mule rides to the bottom of the Grand Canyon easily beating out your beach asses. As for doing stupid shit have you watched any of our Jackass movies?

#28 - Nice joint Bowing

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
24-05-2013, 08:19 PM
(24-05-2013 07:58 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

#2 and #29 those two guys cancel each other out, net loss.

#3, 5, 7, 17 food - can't compare to peanut butter sandwiches with bananas a la Elvis, southern BBQ pulled pork with cole slaw on top or anything from a NY deli Drooling

#1, 8, 10, 12 - Alcohol - I think we have more alcoholics than you have population

#4, 9, 11 Sex - Yeah, we're prudes Weeping but when I want to see that kind of thing I just take a stroll down South Beach in Miami, its live there everyday of the year an that trumps #21

#27 Free museums - Go to DC and try to see all the museums there, hall by hall, in a week. I don't think it can be done and it's all free.

#15, 20, 23 Castles, lovely British accents and Charlie Darwin on a bank note...Thumbsup

#26 Monty Python - you realize we even have a Broadway Musical take on his stuff don't you?

#14 , 25 - You can't go around criticizing how we write dates or our coin currency denominations when you guys measure distances in miles, weights in stones, beer in pints, wine in milliliters, precious metals in troy ounces, foodstuff in kilos, and fuel in imperial gallons, whatever the fuck that is, maybe it has a crown for a cap. Big Grin

#16, 18 - Cheese rolling and donkey rides - we have mule rides to the bottom of the Grand Canyon easily beating out your beach asses. As for doing stupid shit have you watched any of our Jackass movies?

#28 - Nice joint Bowing

I was gonna mention the meuseums too. I went to the ones in DC a year or two ago, but I couldn't remember if they were free or not.

My girl and I even got to keep the hunting knives we had on our belts. lol. We showed them to the security guys and they examined them a bit (one of them said "Yeah...I'm pretty sure that could poke me in the face.' lol, wut?), but they gave them back to us and let us tour the place with big steel weapons hanging off of us.

/I digress

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-05-2013, 08:29 PM
(24-05-2013 08:19 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(24-05-2013 07:58 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  #2 and #29 those two guys cancel each other out, net loss.

#4, 9, 11 Sex - Yeah, we're prudes Weeping but when I want to see that kind of thing I just take a stroll down South Beach in Miami, its live there everyday of the year an that trumps #21

#28 - Nice joint Bowing

I was gonna mention the meuseums too. I went to the ones in DC a year or two ago, but I couldn't remember if they were free or not.

My girl and I even got to keep the hunting knives we had on our belts. lol. We showed them to the security guys and they examined them a bit (one of them said "Yeah...I'm pretty sure that could poke me in the face.' lol, wut?), but they gave them back to us and let us tour the place with big steel weapons hanging off of us.

/I digress

Knowing this I may never again walk an empty museum corridor for as long as I live. Shocking

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
24-05-2013, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2013 09:28 PM by TheGulegon.)
You might want some weaponry on you when touring Science City at Union Station in good 'ol KC, Missouri. Huh Just to feel safe Shocking

[Image: 10ZdXn.St.81.jpeg]

Yikes Tongue

Seriously, though. Have any of you Brits successfully mixed RUM and cider? Sugar apples....mmmmmm!

OH, Angry and #26? I cannot allow that to stand!! THIS U.S. citizen has been watching Monty Python from childhood!!!!!
*shakes fist* Imply that one more time and you might have to start looking on the bright side of death..................TongueTongueTongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
24-05-2013, 09:29 PM
(24-05-2013 07:13 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(24-05-2013 06:24 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  WHAT IS #17 AND HOW DO I GET SOME???

Like literally every English chippy sells chips and curry sauce.

(most important) ...and how do I GET SOME? Dodgy

Recipe?
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
25-05-2013, 04:20 AM
Well, wow. If us people from countries other than the UK and the US made such lists, you'd probably be crying Cool

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 3 users Like undergroundp's post