You guys seriously don't have this stuff?!?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2013, 04:44 PM
RE: You guys seriously don't have this stuff?!?!
Yea, when I saw that #18 cheese roll thing I thought it was stupid, until it said you get free cheese and then I was like ---> Shocking

I must now devise a way to get to the UK for as no god is my witness, I will have that cheese. Blink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
26-05-2013, 03:46 AM
(24-05-2013 06:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(24-05-2013 05:45 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  29 Things The U.K. Does That The U.S. Needs To Start Doing
It's cute that they mention money. The US has a simple metric based 1/10 system and is far easier to understand than most currency. The rest of the stuff however yes. As for #1 we do have it around here we also have a thing called a beesting which is mead + cider.

What do you mean by "easier to understand than most currency"? I don't think I've lived or visited anywhere that didn't have metric money, although I understand the US was early onto the boat with this one.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
26-05-2013, 12:15 PM
(25-05-2013 04:44 PM)kim Wrote:  Yea, when I saw that #18 cheese roll thing I thought it was stupid, until it said you get free cheese and then I was like ---> Shocking

I must now devise a way to get to the UK for as no god is my witness, I will have that cheese. Blink

You wanna know a great practical joke you could do?
Buy one of those fake baby tummy things that make it look like your pregnant, then show up to the cheese thing...
A 7month pregnant lady throwing herself down a hill bouncing left right and center?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
26-05-2013, 11:02 PM
I approve of the lack of prudishness that I have seen in British media. Fucking awesome. (Everybody loves boobies. Big Grin)

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Near's post
27-05-2013, 09:52 PM
America has stores that sell snacks with coffee or tea. I've still seen more people consume just the tea or coffee than having a snack with it.
27-05-2013, 10:47 PM
(27-05-2013 09:52 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  America has stores that sell snacks with coffee or tea. I've still seen more people consume just the tea or coffee than having a snack with it.

Considering the average american coffee now has more calories than the total intake of the country of Kenya I think it's ok if we skip the cakes and biscuits.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
28-05-2013, 01:17 AM
(27-05-2013 10:47 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(27-05-2013 09:52 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  America has stores that sell snacks with coffee or tea. I've still seen more people consume just the tea or coffee than having a snack with it.

Considering the average american coffee now has more calories than the total intake of the country of Kenya I think it's ok if we skip the cakes and biscuits.

Yeah....our coffees are more like desserts than drinks.
29-05-2013, 11:37 AM
(25-05-2013 04:15 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I'll give you the Greek Salad part, the ones I had were incomparable!

As for Ancient Greek I imagine the only ones in the world that speak this language are you guys so it begs the question why?

Another + you also have really cool names.

But I could do without the whole Grexit drama.

Late reply, oops. Big Grin

We don't actually speak it, we just learn the grammar and translate texts. One reason is I guess because we use the original texts and analyze them (we have historical, philosophical and literary texts), another reason we've been told as kids is that "in order to be real Greeks, we need to know about our past and the ancient language is a huge part of our past", but mostly because it helps you in spelling modern Greek, as lots of the intricate patterns of meaning in the ancient language have been lost and only their spelling remains.

For example it's interesting to know that words like "history" are written with an "h" in English although in Greek it's just "ιστορία", because there was a specific way of pronouncing the first letter and "h" was just a way to "transfer" that pronunciation.

As for the Grexit drama, right now I do have to say I hate my country. Sure, it has some awesome things, but man, it's so disgustingly rotten.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
29-05-2013, 11:57 AM
I hate day/month/ year, it always confuses me. LOL

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
29-05-2013, 12:10 PM
(29-05-2013 11:57 AM)smidgen Wrote:  I hate day/month/ year, it always confuses me. LOL

I write the date that way, have since I was in the military.

Had a crazy boss that told me he didn't like the way I wrote the date on deposit tickets in "that foreign" way. (But I wrote out the month - 29 May 2013)
I told him I didn't realize it was foreign since I learned it in the Army...but I would stop if it bothered him that much...douche.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy